TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

Thanks Layla, in home PT just left and apparently I’m doing fine. The IT band is pretty challenging but most of what he does is gentle and easy. I’ll try some of those you just sent as well. Bandage will come off Friday and the staples on the 10th. God willing should be ready for outpatient PT on the 13th Appreciate you thinking of me,
Lefty:snork:
Enjoy the day, all
 
So day 8 after surgery, PT came and removed the bandage and the wound looked good, no leaking and looked clean. Plenty of staples but no complaints. Added a couple of new exercises with the bandage off so I can bend a bit more. Measured 93 and 3, he thought that was good. Not much more to report. Hope you all enjoy the weekend, it’s Orthodox Easter this Sunday so I am planning on going to my son’s house for the holiday. They are only 15 mins away. One of my favorite times of the year.
 
Measured 93 and 3, he thought that was good.
That's very good for just over a week post-op. Be careful not to push yourself into pain with the new exercises.

Lots of icing and elevating to get the swelling down and it will continue to improve.
 
Enjoy time with family on Sunday! I know you will.
Safe travels back and forth too! Glad you're doing so well. :)
@Jtmav
 
Quick update as I reach two weeks post second surgery. Ventured out last night with my bride as we celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary. Went to a nice restaurant and even though I am still on two crutches I was able to negotiate my way without too much fuss. Slept well for a change too. Staples come out tomorrow and my in home PT, who is terrific, has me practicing one crutch walking. Candidly with having two done in three months has had its challenges but now as I approach this final leg(excuse the pun) of the journey I am accepting and looking forward to a good recovery. Hope all is well with all of you.
 
1715259362032.png


Happy Anniversary, Jtmav! Glad you made it out to celebrate! Good luck with the staple removal tomorrow.

It is wonderful that your recovery is going so well, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
 
Thank you! You're very considerate and we're happy you found us!
 
Hi there, hope you're having a nice Friday!
One of your posts was reported as "Good Feedback" given you hold your surgeon in high esteem. You're blessed!
I love that he stopped by after your surgery to check on you and chat a bit. Also, it's nice to read that your OS has witnessed improvements in his patients as far as three years post op AND provides realistic timelines for the healing process. We'd love if you share his name for those that may be researching surgeons in your area for their own surgery. If you're uncomfortable doing so on the public forum, please PM, Jamie, with Admin with the info so she's able to add his name to their resources for recommendations, which we often receive requests for.
Enjoy the evening!
@Jtmav
 
Hi Layla, Happy Friday! I have no problem referring Dr Haney Bedair, part of the Kaplan Joint Practice at Mass General and Newton Wellesley Hospital. I was blessed to have more than a couple of friends who had experience with him and his group. One of my wife’s friends is a retired nurse anesthetist who worked at the same hospital and she told me that he was one of the few surgeons she would let work on her.
Staples out today and they were a bit more challenging coming out than the last time but it’s in the rear view mirror now. My PT had me try some one crutch walking but I am finding the knee isn’t quite stable enough yet, some buckling so I know I have to strengthen the muscles around it to gain a bit more stability and that will take some time. Same person different knee, different experience. That’s it for now, hope you all enjoy the weekend and Happy Mothers Day to all who celebrate!
 
Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing the info. I will make sure, Jamie receives it today!

It's a comfort to hear good things about your surgeon from his peers. When my dad had his knee replaced not that long ago, a guy from our neighborhood, who I don't know personally, but have only ever heard good things about, showed up as my dads anesthesiologist. Boy..was that a comfort to me and my dad also I believe.

Sorry the staple removal didn't go as smoothly as the first time. Thankfully it's over.
Same person different knee, different experience
Fact! It will come! :yes:

Enjoy the weekend!
Hubs and I planning a family bbq with kids, grands and their spouses on Sunday. I may choose not to lift a finger and let them take care of it all, ha-ha-ha...wishful thinking! :wink:
 
Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing the info. I will make sure, Jamie receives it today!

It's a comfort to hear good things about your surgeon from his peers. When my dad had his knee replaced not that long ago, a guy from our neighborhood, who I don't know personally, but have only ever heard good things about, showed up as my dads anesthesiologist. Boy..was that a comfort to me and my dad also I believe.

Sorry the staple removal didn't go as smoothly as the first time. Thankfully it's over.
Same person different knee, different experience
Fact! It will come! :yes:

Enjoy the weekend!
Hubs and I planning a family bbq with kids, grands and their spouses on Sunday. I may choose not to lift a finger and let them take care of it all, ha-ha-ha...wishful thinking! :wink:
:tada: Sounds like a plan, have fun!
 
Hello @Jtmav! I’ve been busy trying to get through life and thought I would check in with you! I read your progress and it is very encouraging! Congrats on 47 years! Keep your eye on the prize sir, you got this!
Take care and God Bless!
 
Quick update, 3 and 1/2 weeks past the second surgery. Finished up home PT with some success, not that I’m stuck with numbers but my ROM was 100 and my flexion was 3. The pain down my IT Band has subsided and I have been pretty diligent about my stretching and walking daily. Down to one crutch now and I won’t miss wearing the support stockings which I find to be uncomfortable. I’ll start outpatient PT Tuesday and this time I am not allowing any pushing on my knee that causes pain. Thursday I have my one month X-rays and appointment with the NP, from my surgeons practice and hopefully will get the green light to drive. All in all moving forward at a pace testing my patience but no complaints, things are improving.
 
this time I am not allowing any pushing on my knee that causes pain.
Yay! Be sure to stick to this statement. Allowing someone to push on your knee only causes setbacks.
things are improving.
Wonderful! That's what we want to hear.
 
You're on the right track :SUNsmile:
 
You're making nice progress! Happy to read it.
Good luck with out patient PT on Tuesday and your X-rays and appointment on Thursday.
I hope you have a good week!
@Jtmav
 
Happy One Month Anniversary, Righty!
Lefty will be hitting four months in just a few days. Great long weekend to get out and celebrate those milestones with your new knees. Hope your day is sunny and the weather is perfect in your neck of the woods. We're headed for a good one here. Enjoy!
@Jtmav
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom