• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

Thanks Layla, in home PT just left and apparently I’m doing fine. The IT band is pretty challenging but most of what he does is gentle and easy. I’ll try some of those you just sent as well. Bandage will come off Friday and the staples on the 10th. God willing should be ready for outpatient PT on the 13th Appreciate you thinking of me,
Lefty:snork:
Enjoy the day, all

So day 8 after surgery, PT came and removed the bandage and the wound looked good, no leaking and looked clean. Plenty of staples but no complaints. Added a couple of new exercises with the bandage off so I can bend a bit more. Measured 93 and 3, he thought that was good. Not much more to report. Hope you all enjoy the weekend, it’s Orthodox Easter this Sunday so I am planning on going to my son’s house for the holiday. They are only 15 mins away. One of my favorite times of the year.

Measured 93 and 3, he thought that was good.
That's very good for just over a week post-op. Be careful not to push yourself into pain with the new exercises.

Lots of icing and elevating to get the swelling down and it will continue to improve.

Enjoy time with family on Sunday! I know you will.
Safe travels back and forth too! Glad you're doing so well. :)
@Jtmav

Quick update as I reach two weeks post second surgery. Ventured out last night with my bride as we celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary. Went to a nice restaurant and even though I am still on two crutches I was able to negotiate my way without too much fuss. Slept well for a change too. Staples come out tomorrow and my in home PT, who is terrific, has me practicing one crutch walking. Candidly with having two done in three months has had its challenges but now as I approach this final leg(excuse the pun) of the journey I am accepting and looking forward to a good recovery. Hope all is well with all of you.

1715259362032.png

Happy Anniversary, Jtmav! Glad you made it out to celebrate! Good luck with the staple removal tomorrow.

It is wonderful that your recovery is going so well, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Thanks Layla, you’re always there for a kind word for us all. Grateful to have found this group. Stay strong!

Thank you! You're very considerate and we're happy you found us!

Hi there, hope you're having a nice Friday!
One of your posts was reported as "Good Feedback" given you hold your surgeon in high esteem. You're blessed!
I love that he stopped by after your surgery to check on you and chat a bit. Also, it's nice to read that your OS has witnessed improvements in his patients as far as three years post op AND provides realistic timelines for the healing process. We'd love if you share his name for those that may be researching surgeons in your area for their own surgery. If you're uncomfortable doing so on the public forum, please PM, Jamie, with Admin with the info so she's able to add his name to their resources for recommendations, which we often receive requests for.
Enjoy the evening!
@Jtmav

Hi Layla, Happy Friday! I have no problem referring Dr Haney Bedair, part of the Kaplan Joint Practice at Mass General and Newton Wellesley Hospital. I was blessed to have more than a couple of friends who had experience with him and his group. One of my wife’s friends is a retired nurse anesthetist who worked at the same hospital and she told me that he was one of the few surgeons she would let work on her.
Staples out today and they were a bit more challenging coming out than the last time but it’s in the rear view mirror now. My PT had me try some one crutch walking but I am finding the knee isn’t quite stable enough yet, some buckling so I know I have to strengthen the muscles around it to gain a bit more stability and that will take some time. Same person different knee, different experience. That’s it for now, hope you all enjoy the weekend and Happy Mothers Day to all who celebrate!

Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing the info. I will make sure, Jamie receives it today!

It's a comfort to hear good things about your surgeon from his peers. When my dad had his knee replaced not that long ago, a guy from our neighborhood, who I don't know personally, but have only ever heard good things about, showed up as my dads anesthesiologist. Boy..was that a comfort to me and my dad also I believe.

Sorry the staple removal didn't go as smoothly as the first time. Thankfully it's over.
Same person different knee, different experience
Fact! It will come! :yes:

Enjoy the weekend!
Hubs and I planning a family bbq with kids, grands and their spouses on Sunday. I may choose not to lift a finger and let them take care of it all, ha-ha-ha...wishful thinking! :wink:

Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing the info. I will make sure, Jamie receives it today!

It's a comfort to hear good things about your surgeon from his peers. When my dad had his knee replaced not that long ago, a guy from our neighborhood, who I don't know personally, but have only ever heard good things about, showed up as my dads anesthesiologist. Boy..was that a comfort to me and my dad also I believe.

Sorry the staple removal didn't go as smoothly as the first time. Thankfully it's over.
Same person different knee, different experience
Fact! It will come! :yes:

Enjoy the weekend!
Hubs and I planning a family bbq with kids, grands and their spouses on Sunday. I may choose not to lift a finger and let them take care of it all, ha-ha-ha...wishful thinking! :wink:
:tada: Sounds like a plan, have fun!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics