Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
There certainly are a lot of new folks. It goes to show what a wonderful supportive forum this is. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
 
Hi Janet, long time not talk to. I see you are doing great, those are beautiful pictures. You are the perfect example of what these new knees should do for us. I know I need to get more exercise to help with the stiffness of mine, but on a whole they are doing great. I am not on here looking around as much either, which is a good sign. I wish all the newbies Blessings and the best of luck.
 
Hi! Isn't that the truth, about stiff knees! They always feel better when they are moving. I haven't been moving nearly enough lately, but I always feel better when I do. Wish the same were true of my foot, but at least I'm back to normal activity with my foot.
 
We are going on our family vacation to Saugatuck in 10 days, and I am starting to make lists and piles for packing. We'll rent the same house as last year, and I was thinking about how different this year will be. Last year was great, and there were lots of little milestones along with the challenges of going on vacation 8 weeks after BTKR. But this year, they aren't milestones, it's just my daily activity which I give little thought to. But I'm thinking back and am taking joy in the thought that I won't need a special chair or footstool for the beach. I won't need to slip away to put my feet up with some frozen peas. I won't need to have four pillows in bed with me, two to support my legs. I won't have a drawer full of drugs. I won't have to fear the hot tub. And I won't need to struggle with the darn bathroom and the low toilet! Packing will be so much easier, and even though I didn't need to use them, I won't need to even think about taking crutches along! I just get to go on vacation and enjoy, like everyone else!
 
It's a beautiful day, the car is mostly packed and ready to go, and so am I! I'm looking forward to this vacation without the limitations of years past. The question is, will I tackle those 300 steps up Mt. Baldy? (I doubt it!)
 
Have a great time Janet! You certainly worked hard for it my friend! :thumb: Enjoy your family, and all while you're pain free! :yahoo:

I look forward to some pictures kiddo! :thumb:
 
Here's this year's photo, sitting on the log I couldn't sit on a year ago, 2+ months after surgery.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3657276357.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 195
Sweet Janet! I do remember last years photo, and how you were crouched down behind everyone. You've come a long way baby! Yay you! :thumb: Great photo and great memories for you my friend! Enjoy! :friends:
 
Great photo! I m sure there were times when you thought it would never happen but it just shows what time and patience can do
 
Patience indeed! And then once you get there, you can't believe where the time went. What were we so worried about? I still haven't tackled the Mt. Baldy climb, but darn, I think I've run out of time, we leave tomorrow! It was sweet, Jacky. I specifically was thinking about last years picture when we took this one!
 
Hi Janet - been thinking about you and wondering if your grand baby is here yet ... I'm sure you will let us know! Best of luck and hope everything goes well ... Hudson is growing so fast, it just amazes me how time is flying right now.
Love the picture - you look maaaaavelous, dahhhling!!

:friends:
 
Lucas Aiden surprised us with an August delivery! Born yesterday on the 28th (due Sept. 16), I'm waiting for them to bring him home now. I've spent as much time as I could get away with at the hospital yesterday and today!

Part of my timing in getting my knees done nearly 15! months ago was the thought that the then newlyweds of 8months might be planning a baby this year, and I wanted to be able to carry the baby up and down the stairs! Done!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3567219833.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 186
Congratulations on the new grandson, Janet! You'll be able to really enjoy this little one!
Caryl
 
Sweet Lucas, Janet! Your planning came to be very much a reality! And, know you will be able to carry the sweetie up the stairs! :)
 
Congratulations Janet!! What a beautiful, sweet baby ... I know what you mean about holding a baby, there is nothing like it. Enjoy! :)
 
How wonderful! I know you will be having so much fun in the coming months. Nothing like a new baby. All your hard work on those knees will melt away when you hold that baby. I know because I have had 2 grandsons since my TKR and it is great to be able to care for them without any thought of those knees! Best Wishes! :cheers:
 
Congratulations Janet on the birth of your grandson. Grandchildren are our reward for doing something right with our kids. Hope you have many happy hours with him. Enjoy :martini:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom