Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Janet! I suppose I have avoided the floor whenever I can , but I think I could do it if I had to, not very gracefully tho! I don't think I could do cross legged though Lisa!!
 
My cross legged is not as "crossed" as it used to be and I cannot stay that way for very long, but it is coming!
 
Lisa, when you are talking cross legged are you talking that you are sitting then both knees are out with your ankles crossed? Or are you just meaning crossing one leg over the other at the knees? The first one I call sitting Indian style if that helps. I haven't been able to do that, but sitting in my chair here, I am trying and laughing at myself. Guess it is time for bed.
 
Debbie, Must be a Midwest thing because I grew up saying Indian style too. But yes, that is what I meant. I can't really cross my legs as I am too fat, but I do sit on my bed Indian style to meditate and also did that a lot in yoga years ago. So I can now sit that way again, but not as tightly crossed in the knee yet, and I can't stay that way for very long. But I imagine it will come eventually. This was very funny, trying to describe what is so easy to see! Guess that is why thye say a picture is worth a thousand words. LOL!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012 No, Lisa, it's not just a Midwest thing. I grew up here in the South and called it Indian style. But we also grew up on Westerns at the movies and on TV---and today's younger generations have grown up with horror and vampire movies and TV. So that may be the reason the term has sort of disappeared or maybe it's not PC to use the term any more.
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
 
Well, whatever you call it, I just got on the floor and tried it. I haven't done it for years and I DID IT. Of course not real tight into me, but I did it. This forum is so great. It gets you to try things you haven't tried in years.
 
I was up and down off the floor several times trying to get the Xbox hooked up again. This time I did pay attention. I just used a knee and pushed up. No big deal. I didn't take any meds today and was feeling it tonight, so am taking the time to ice right now. Tomorrow will be a full day on my feet and up and down steps. I must remember to take my tylenol in the morning, and maybe the Celebrex for the special occasion. I took it yesterday but forgot until too late today.
 
There has been too much talk about shoulders infiltrating this forum. I can barely lift my right arm. It's gone from questionable recently to bad suddenly. I hope it's just bursitis that can be cleared up! And of course there is now no time to have it checked before my deductible starts over.
 
Janet, I get the same pains in my right shoulder and I have to make a conscious effort to not sleep on that side until it gets better, the same with my hips. Isn't aging wonderful! :scratch:
 
Well, left hip and right shoulder, doesn't leave much. And the left shoulder sends pains shooting in my hand. This aging isn't for sissies!
 
My right hip is out tonight. Hence I'm up at 1:45am when I have to get up in 5 hours. Ugh! :gaah: :hairpulling:
 
I'll treat it like my knee. Rest, ice, Celebrex. Love your new picture Rita!
 
Well, left hip and right shoulder, doesn't leave much. And the left shoulder sends pains shooting in my hand. This aging isn't for sissies!

Hi Janet, I know about those pains shooting in the hand as I've had them many times over the years. Physio gave me a way to relieve them. Raise your arm from away from your body until hand is in line with shoulder. Turn palm towards sky and then drop the wrist. You should feel stretch through your elbow. Hopefully I've described it well enough. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom