Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was busy in the kitchen yesterday. Didn't notice my knees, compared to last year when I depended on hubby to do a lot more, and had to sit down as much as possible. I have pies to make and the Best green bean casserole to make today. Also Taking a turkey, dressing and gravy to my daughters. She's doing the main turkey, but with 25 coming and wanting leftovers for everyone, one is not enough. I'm Thankful for my new knees, the new life they have given me already, my hubby Warren and my children and their families, and am SO blessed that they all live within 30 minutes from home! Happy Thanksgiving to all the American's here, and a special Thanks to all the Bonesmarties far and near for the support in this journey, even if this is just another Thursday! I missed 18 Thanksgivings in a row living overseas, but we always found a way to make it not just another Thursday!
 
Janet this must have a very special Thanksgiving for you, after 18 years of being away! I hope you had a great time! :thumb:
This has been a very life changing year for all the BoneSmarties that had their knees and hips replaced, and for you Janet it is times two. :friends: :yay:
 
No more so than for you this year, Jacky! This is actually our 4th year home, and the first where everything in all our families is falling in place and feeling done and dusted, as Jo would say!
 
Oh, I thought this was your first year back after 18 years of being away. Done and dusted is good! :thumb:
 
I've so neglected trying to keep up with the threads lately, between the pre Thanksgiving busyness and a fixation on getting cyber shopping done since then! But I'm peeking in everyday! I've been so busy, I've taken a break from the pool and gym for a couple weeks. I'll try to squeeze it in when I can! Trying to get a jump on the holidays so I can enjoy more of it as they near!
 
Good for you Janet, being busy is a very good sign and this time of the year always does get so busy! The great part is that you're feeling well enough to do it with your new knees!:friends:
 
Good to hear you had a great Thanksgiving with knees you didn't have to think about. Super, isn't it? Take it easy on all that shopping---it comes with a price tag.
 
Janet, you are doing great with your new knees! Enjoy your time away, and congrats on your 6 months anniversary December 4th!
You are my recovery buddy! Thanks for your support! :friends:
 
Today is our 6 month anniversary, Cookie, Elmo and me! I'm not 100%, but life continues to normalize, if you don't count the trip to the ER this week for fear of having a bladder infection with it's eyes on my knees, which of course just turned out to be beets! Lol! I've been away from the pool and gym, but went back today. I pretty much feel like I'm going about my daily life without my knees interfering, although there is still stiffness and swelling, enough to notice, but not enough to limit me. Granted, I'm not an athlete, no skiing, snowboarding, cycling or hiking on my agenda, but just going about my day, and that's a good thing. I am hopeful and looking forward to the time when my knees, all day, every day, just feel nothing. When I looked ahead at six months, I imagined being able to enjoy the holidays in ways I haven't been able to in the last couple of years. We went to Saugatuck on Saturday for one night. We got there in time for lunch and the Christmas parade. We parked our car at the B&B and walked everywhere, up and down town, around this way, over that way, went in all the shops hunting for elusive stocking stuffers. Last year I would have been driving up and down the streets. Last year I wouldn't have been going to the shops at all. So I think my vision of reaching 6 months in December was on the mark. I didn't expect to be done, and I'm not, but I'm happy with where I'm at. I'm grateful with where I'm at! I'm excited with where I'm at! I'm so looking forward to this holiday season's activities. Come the new year, I'll be eying the 9 month mark!
 
I'm happy for you, Janet. As I've followed your journey, you've always seemed so wise, I felt you were much further along. It's just wonderful how well you're doing. :)
 
:yay: Yay you! Janet, from where you were 6 months ago to where you are today you must be so pleased! I am so happy things turned out so well for you! Having BTKR was not an easy decision, however you made that decision and came up ahead! :yes!:
Can you believe that Christmas is upon us and just a short 6 months ago we had no idea how much happier we would be about our decision to get both done at the same time?
I'll never forget what you said back then "if you have 2 flat tires what good is it to fix just one" or something to that effect, and I, my friend, have used that saying many time in the last 6 months when someone would say, what made you do both at the same time?, because that statement makes a lot of sense.

So congratulation on your 6 months anniversary with Elmo and Cookie Monster, they have treated you well! And, I look forward to your progress for the next coming year.

Stay well my friend, and watch out for those beets! :heehee:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
Well done, Janet! You are a model BoneSmartie and a great role model. Congrats on your 6 months anniversary. It's wonderful knowing that it was more than worth the aches, pains, sleeplessness, etc. to be where you are today. And this year you can rock around the Christmas tree.
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
 
Jebsw said:
I'm happy for you, Janet. As I've followed your journey, you've always seemed so wise, I felt you were much further along. It's just wonderful how well you're doing. :)

I think I felt like I was much further along. Sort of like being 20 and thinking you are all grown up and then looking back and realizing you were just a young kid that hardly knew anything!
 
Jacky, I remember saying that and I never remember to use it! Thanks for the reminder! Lol!

Judie, I like the thoughts of rocking around the Christmas tree. I'll have to try it!
 
Yes 6 months on doing great never thought we would get here will be with grandkids tommorow 4 or 5 hour drive does not bother knee at all ,this week been xmas shopping (groan) and anniversary shop 43 years,also swimming and bike ride that was very dodgy to much ice on roads still worry what would happen if i fall on knee,but dont think it will stop me ,and tommorow playing with kids makes me feel like a big kid.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom