Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah - got it now. Good description, will give it a go at the risk of looking a complete moron! (or a Russian army recruit!!)
 
Janet, I finally caught up with your thread, and you are doing great my friend! Can you believe we are heading at 6 months! Life is great after TKR!

Stay well and enjoy you family at the holidays! :friends:
 
Oh, and you, too, Jacky!! You leave on Saturday I think? That's an extra special Thanksgiving for you!
 
Thanks Janet, Norm and I will be driving out on Friday morning and we'll have a very slow and easy drive down to Florida. Yes a very special Thanksgiving with our daughter and granddaughters! We are so excited! First vacation in 2 years, and a very special one indeed!
 
Jacky I envy you. I love road trips...especially with my little dog in tow. Is your seat pretty comfortable so you can get your feet up on the dash? Should you wear your stockings? Oh and you need to stop often. Better make sure you take your OTC pain meds on a schedule just in case. And drinks lots of water too. Some nice healthy snacks. How fun!!! Can you send us pics along the way? It would sure be fun for us to see the scenery along the way the way Janet did for us with KY.
 
Now that would be a sight, Jacky driving with her feet up on the dash, with or without stockings!
 
Janet, you really cracked me up this time, because that's the very thought I had in my head when I read Marianne"s first post!:rotfl:
We almost lead poor Marianne into a wall there! Marianne, what you didn't know and Janet and I discussed a few times that, we both like to do the driving, for peace of mind sakes! I'll let Norm start out early in the day, cause that's when he's at his best, after that he tends to get some shut eye while behind the wheel, not good for survival sake!:skep: Then I do the rest of the driving, this way he retains some of his "manhood" and I get to live!:heehee: I'm selfish that way!:)
 
Jacky,
I had visions of the TED studded legs hanging over the steering wheel tooling down I 95. HAHAHA.
Have a great and safe trip, take time to rest and walk around a bit every now and then.
 
Rose, that vision made me squint a bit! And laugh a lot! We are so taking our time and traveling around the big cities because we believe there is going to be a lot of traffic this holiday and we don't want any stress. Studded TEDS??? Hummm! :loll:

Thanks for the safe trip well wishes! :friends:
 
It must say something about my recovery that there isn't much to say about it on a regular basis these days. Are these the dog days of recovery? Not there yet, but lacking the excitement of nearly daily or weekly progress milestones. It feels like a plateau that must be tolerated with patience. Or maybe the progress is there, but at such small increments that only after time can we see the difference between then and now. 5 1/2 months and counting...
 
Janet, I think that around 6 to 9 months, if all is going well in your recovery, that you are more about getting back into your life and the knee milestones are fading as life carries on!! This is a very good thing!!:happydance:
 
Janet, I couldn't have said it any better! We are so close and yet so far.... You my friend have had a stellar 5 1/2 months for BTKR! It can only get better from here, and I'm sure you'll do Elmo & Cookie Monster justice! :friends:
 
Mimi, you are right I'm sure! And I actually had one of those moments tonight. We went to a concert tonight with my daughter, son and son's fiancé. Afterwards, we walked a block to the parking garage and as it was cold out, I was doing my best to move along. Until I heard someone call from behind and the three youngsters yelled that they couldn't keep up! I stopped and when they caught up, was told,"You're the one with the new knees and we can't keep up. I love it!" I love it, too!
 
Gosh, the surprise little moments DO continue! Two just yesterday. Like Jacky, who found herself sitting crosslegged with her ankle on her knee, I sat down yesterday on Elmo's foot without thinking about it until it was done. I used to always sit with my one foot tucked under the other thigh, and haven't done this in a few years! After marveling to myself, I decided it probably wasn't the best idea, so didn't stay that way. The other moment was when I went to the basement and back up. As someone else here put it, I felt NOTHING in Cookie's knee, which usually feels more swollen and least likes stairs! If just for that moment, I could see the promise of the future!
 
:yay: Janet! Isn't it amazing when we do something without thinking about it and the mind say, did I just do that? I thought mine was going to be a one time thing, then it happened again at my daughters last night. So if your comfortable doing it and Elmo doesn't get mad, do it!
Cookie and the stairs is a very good thing. Congrats on your milestones!
 
Thanks! I'm actually not sure it's a good thing for the arthritic hip on that side, so better not, but I never thought I'd be able to do it! I do put my ankle up on my knee to tie my shoes, I suppose it's not a lot different, but it just surprised me! These knees, they are a bendin'!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom