Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orthodoc said:
Janet,

I just wanted to check in and see how your recovery was going. The last time we communicated was just around the time of surgery. Can't believe its been six weeks for you already. I hope you are doing well.

Orthodoc

Hi Orthodoc! It's been 10 weeks, if you can believe it! My recovery is going very well. I have had no complications, thank goodness! I can walk on the sand and up and down the shallow steps to the beach easily and without ANY pain! Sand was excruciatingly painful last year! It's still a challenge and with some discomfort to get up out of chairs, etc. and to go up and down regular steps, but that's to be expected. I'm still achy at night, but walk perfectly, no pain, no gait issues, no cane. And I am SO happy I had them both done at the same time. So a good report! Thanks for asking!
 
reetpteet said:
Just been taking a virtual tour of Saugatuck, it's spectacularly beautiful. The wonders of technology! I'm sure I saw you eating a Gourmet Ice Cream, or was it on the ferry? Hope you are having a wonderful time x

Thanks for visiting Saugatuck! Michigan is a beautiful state. We used to go "up North" to the beautiful Traverse Bay area, but that's a four hour drive, a long way for adult children that can only join us on the weekends. We started coming to Saugatuck 9 years ago because it is less than 2 1/2 hours from home, had never been here, and we love it! We can walk to the chain ferry and take it across to town, great fun for the kids, but I'm driving to town this year. Five minutes to town, five minutes to beautiful Oval beach! How fun to be able to visit areas virtually!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-3115221908.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 125
juniper said:
Janet, your place is so beautiful. Enjoy, enjoy. I hope to be visiting the family cabin in Lassen Park next summer. Oh, I miss it.

It's only my place for 16 days. We rent, pay for what we use, don't have the overhead! But to have a family place you love would be so nice. You always know it will be there! Something to look forward to in 2013!
 
It's only my place for 16 days. We rent, pay for what we use, don't have the overhead! But to have a family place you love would be so nice. You always know it will be there! Something to look forward to in 2013!
It looks beautiful, so glad you are having a relaxing time x
 
Thanks Rita! This vacation is so much about my knees, what I couldn't enjoy before, what I can now. We took the annual dune ride, got out at the lookout stop, and I walked around more than ever before I think. Last year, I'm not sure I walked away from the truck to even take the annual photo.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
    image-1846538434.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 130
Janet,
Looks like such a great place to vacation, sure understand why you wouldn't want to miss it. You look like you are having such a great time, ENJOY.
 
Hi Orthodoc! It's been 10 weeks, if you can believe it! My recovery is going very well. I have had no complications, thank goodness! I can walk on the sand and up and down the shallow steps to the beach easily and without ANY pain! Sand was excruciatingly painful last year! It's still a challenge and with some discomfort to get up out of chairs, etc. and to go up and down regular steps, but that's to be expected. I'm still achy at night, but walk perfectly, no pain, no gait issues, no cane. And I am SO happy I had them both done at the same time. So a good report! Thanks for asking!


I should have paid better attention to the date on your signature. Lol.

It sounds you are doing great. I am happy to hear that. Good luck on the rest of your recovery.

Orthodoc
 
Janet, I so envy you on your vacation! :thumb: It does look like a beautiful and serene place to be! :flwrysmile: Enjoy the rest of your fun vacation away from home! It also looks like your new knees are cooperating as much as they can this early in the recovery stage. :thumb:

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Jacky, I wish I could bring you all along! But everyone in time has their special places to go, and this happens to be mine. Major motivation in getting this surgery done! Now I need to go grab the frozen peas - it was a full day!
 
Janet, being able to hike to my favorite lakes was a prime motivator for my knee replacement as well. We rented a place on the bay in Strathmere, a tiny Jersey beach town. It was wonderful! This photo of me and my husband was taken there. I actually was able (with a bit of help) to get into the ocean and float over the waves. Ahhh.
 
Really nice family photo Janet! So glad you got your life back, it only gets better from here doesn't it! :friends:
 
I'll bet you will Janet! What the heck you tried the reverse squat and aim trick, :heehee: why won't you master the sit on the log trick! :thumb:
 
Next year you will be there on the log big time!!:yay:
 
Last year was the first year we were here for the annual sidewalk sales. I sat home with the kids while my daughter walked around town with my husband. Today, I walked around with my daughter and sent hubby home with the kids! I love my new knees!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom