Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janet you are doing a superb job in your recovery. I marvel at your posts.:goodpost: Your knees, Elmo and Cookie, are so much more cooperative than my knee was. At one month stairs were never possible. Now I am no baby when it comes to pain and trying new things, but the knee was just not functioning. :hairpulling: With a well functioning knee or knees you can go very far, as spiral stairs !!:thumb: Keep going cause your recovery will just fly by with these major accomplishments:friends:
 
Here, here Janet! I often think I am the one that holds Mickey & Minnie back and PT proves that to me every time! My brain keeps reminding me about the old knees then the new knees remind me that I don't have that bone on bone pain anymore when I do things that use to cause the OUCH factor! Oh the wonderful world of learning! :thumb:
 
Mimi said:
Janet you are doing a superb job in your recovery. I marvel at your posts.:goodpost: Your knees, Elmo and Cookie, are so much more cooperative than my knee was. At one month stairs were never possible. Now I am no baby when it comes to pain and trying new things, but the knee was just not functioning. :hairpulling: With a well functioning knee or knees you can go very far, as spiral stairs !!:thumb: Keep going cause your recovery will just fly by with these major accomplishments:friends:

Mimi, i know I'm one of the lucky ones, and you sure had more than your share of obstacles, but yours is a great recovery story as well, showing that even with a problematic start, you get there, too!
 
reetpteet said:
Peas on the knees - sounds delicious! (Bit like lamb shank or ham hock!)

At this point, after reusing them a multitude of times, it's more like a Pea Mash!
 
Jacky48 said:
Here, here Janet! I often think I am the one that holds Mickey & Minnie back and PT proves that to me every time! My brain keeps reminding me about the old knees then the new knees remind me that I don't have that bone on bone pain anymore when I do things that use to cause the OUCH factor! Oh the wonderful world of learning! :thumb:

Then again, sometimes the juveniles need holding back. Can't let them recklessly run out into the street!
 
Happy news from PT! She liked how my bend was looking, so measured my flex today and I was at 110 and 120! This was great news to me given that Elmo was having a hard time getting past the 90 mark that was measured in the OR! Cookie is up 10 degrees also! Also, on Friday the seat on the upright bike had to be set at 6 to get around properly, and today we were able to lower it to 5. With my long legs, I'm not going to be able to go much lower without my knees hitting my chest. Five weeks today, it seems like a good place to be!
 
Great progress Janet! Looks like everything is falling into place! :thumb: And just think you're only at week six! Kool! :goodpost:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
Janet, you deserve a big gold star for all your hard work, and here it is. Enjoy!
 
I'm five weeks, still on pain meds, haven't gone to the grocery store, not a sissy. :)

You are a woman after my own heart.
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
You follow the mantra so faithfully, and I think your recovery is the better for it. Sometimes I feel like I'm :headbang:
when others just insist on going their own way and suffering for it while saying they know better.


(And I still say you know EVERYTHING, Janet) [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
 
Since I managed my friends circular staircase, I figured I should do my own stairs. I haven't been upstairs since before surgery. But hubby couldn't find something, so I decided to look upstairs myself. One forearm crutch and the railing, I went up with feet taking turns, and then came down the same way! So that was pretty good, since Cookie doesn't much like stairs.
 
bottomshollow said:
(And I still say you know EVERYTHING, Janet)

Lol! Not true, actually, but if they ever come out with a Knee Replacement Edition of Trivia, I could hold my own!
 
You could use your rest time and make your own set of Q & A's!
Would be a good educational game for our families!
 
Janet, I am so happy for you!:yahoo: You have made remarkable progress!
 
I'm giving myself another week before I start driving myself. So today, when I was in the car as a passenger, I started doing leg lift exercises, as if I were putting my foot back and forth between the gas and brake. Those will be the exact muscles I'll need! (I gave my left leg equal time.)
 
Hi Janet, that's a good idea practicing the moves for the gas and brake. Yesterday was my first time riding in the passengers seat up front and had to lift my right leg up. Did not feel bad after getting it in though. I pick up such good ideas from everyone on this site. You are such an inspiration.
 
Janet, I had the right foot mastered right away when I got home! My Mom is does not like driving in city traffic, and I found myself jamming the imaginary brakes on the passenger's side quite a bit! :rotfl: She will tell you she would rather one of us drives in the city and it made for an inspiring lesson for getting back to driving as soon as possible! :heehee: By the way I would kick up the leg and jam it back down... Very good practice! :wink: (if you would like to borrow my Mom so you can practice) I can arrange it for a small fee. :whistle:
 
Hi Janet,
For about a week before I drove, I would sit in the car and practice moving my right foot from accelerator to brake and back (the right knee was the new one), in co-ordination with depressing the clutch pedal with my left foot. Yes, I drive a manual (stick shift) car!

You're doing great!
Celle
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom