Guest viewing is limited

TKR Josephine's knee story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news, you deserve it! I was at gym today and an 'elderly' gent was using a machine and couldn't help noticing his tkr scars. So chatted, as you do, well, I do. He was using leg curl machines with 20k weight, one tkr was a year old and the other 3 months. When I commented , he said his physio told him to do it!?
 
Wow Jo, I am away for just a short bit and you are flying through this recovery. Well done!
 
Jo....you da Superwoman with this recovery!!! Tell your surgeon he gets a BoneSmartie Gold Star!!!
 
Had a review at the hospital today carried out by a nurse practitioner. First comment - where are your stockings?!
Then 'was I doing my exercises'. Now I know this young lady and she's not above launching into a scold rant so I said yes I was. She felt my knee for warmth and then asked me to lay on the bed and bend my leg. Her comment was that it was 'a little over 90'! That I argued with and she just shrugged her shoulders. No encouragement or positive input. What a waste of time!
 
Hi Josephine Your visit did not seem to be a nice one today and sorry they were like this with you so wrong the way they treated you. I appreciated the post you left on my thread concerning my experience with my pt and thanking you so much. You have proven that the gentle way is the right way thinking that some people feel threatened by this as showing that pt is not always needed to give a successful recovery in fact feeling they are just not needed. At least that is how my experience has been.

I like what you said about leaving them alone and they will come home if we all recovered this way maybe the need for pt would be less and we would have easier recoveries, Our knees would not go through what many knees are put through unnecessarily and extra pain that could have been avoided.

Measuring you at 90 degrees when you know you are bending so much higher then that makes you wonder why she had so much difficulty showing encouragement for how amazing you have managed. I thanking you so much for all of the encouragement you have shown me and all of us here at Bonesmart you have made a big difference in so many of our recoveries and your support means so much.

All the best for everything continuing on the way it has you are truly an inspiration to all of us who needed answers and have been so good to us here. I like stopping by on your thread as things you have mentioned have been so helpful to me to and good to see how well you have been doing.

Your posts are very encouraging as you had a few things happen you had to deal with and you have managed so well such positive outlook and good to read how you have handled them so well. Thanks again for all you have done and wishing you all the best Holly
 
@lavender Oh you are a sweetie! Your post gave me a touch of the warm fuzzies!

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
 
I've had another teensy set-back. What with my regular meds, antibiotics and pain meds, I am now taking around 30 pills a day and my stomach is objecting! Today is the third day I've been nauseous and ended up having to ring the doctor for some anti-emetics. Yes, I know - yet another pill to take - but I really cannot stand having these days feeling totally bleah and fit for nothing!

Good part is that yesterday I only needed two doses of pain killers and thus far today I've only had one dose.
 
Hi Josephine and thanks so much for your kind post you made me feel nice to. I understand about the way the pills make you feel my husband and I are both diabetic and with those things and the other pills which a few years ago did not take the added pain pills seemed to make me nauseous to and now finding it is better. Hope your stomach settles not a nice feeling but good that your pain level is helping you to not need the pain pills as much . Wishing you a nice day hope things with your feeling nauseous calm down and thanks again Hope you are getting a chance to get some rest and taking it nice and easy Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Another bit of progress on day 24 - ROM now 115/0 and the need for pain meds as reduced considerably. I am now using paracetamol 2-3 times daily and the odd 50mg Tramadol - well I did today at any rate!
 
Hi Josephine Nice to see things are getting so much better for you and that your pain level is not as difficult. Great you are bending so nicely my bend is not that high but better this time around. I think it is wonderful that you are able to need less pain pills and hoping that things just keep getting better and better for you with your recovery. Wishing you all the best and lots of rest and hope you have a nice weekend. Very cold here but the sun was shining today so that made things seem nicer. Holly
 
It's passed with the aid of pills! However, just to prove that recovery really IS a roller coaster ride, while I was totally fine all day yesterday, on going to bed at midnight, the pain started up and just got worse and worse throughout the night. By 5.30am I had to give up and come back downstairs. I took 5mg Tramadol and paracetamol but 1½hrs later, it was a lot worse. I'd tried ice and moist heat but neither helped so ended up taking another 100mg Tramadol at 06.20hrs after which I crashed out (surprise, surprise!) and was relatively pain free. Needless to say, I slept all morning and didn't rouse till early afternoon. Hey ho!

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine's knee story
 
Keep on keeping on!!!! Roller Coaster ride is a great way to describe TKR healing!!!!

Best to you on your road to recovery!!!!
 
Hi Josephine Good to hear you managed to get sleep after all. It is a roller coaster ride one day feel alright think getting to end of pain pills then knee says not yet. Mine is going the same way. Good that your pain pills worked when you took them hoping that you are not having pain now and great you slept so long nice . Hope you have an easier night tonight and hard when pain keeps you awake. Hope your have a good day Holly
 
I definitely second the 'roller coaster' theory, I think I'm one loop ahead of you, just round the bend :heehee:.
Sending you all my best wishes, hopefully the next ride we go on will be a lot smoother. Xxx
 
Hi Josephine my my you are having a time of it....but as you know this too will pass. So glad you got a nice sleep in...theze are gold. Keep posting and know that we care...Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom