TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

I'm sorry to hear about the thyroid problem. I hope there is no cancer involved. I'm happy to hear your days have been going well and your pain is under control. I hope you get your ultrasound sound soon so the thyroid problem is resolved quickly.:flwrysmile:
 
@jojo9610 so sorry to here this news. I do hope all is ok, throid problems can throw your whole system out, I had one of mine removed 2 years ago because I couldn't swallow, non cancerous, I am thinking of you & hope all will be ok x
 
Oh @jojo9610 i am very sorry to hear this news - hopefully it will turn out to be normal. Try not to spend your weekend worrying - maybe instead you can be grateful that your knee is feeling so great after less than 2 weeks!
 
Yes, I hope all is well. It could be a thyroid problem and not cancer. But if it is thyroid cancer I believe it is one of the "best" kinds of cancer to get as it is very curable. I have Hashimoto's disease. Before it was diagnosed I had a hard time swallowing, my thyroid had grown a goiter to compensate for not working properly. I had all th cancer tests run and everything was ok. I do take synthroid every day.
 
I had my two week check up with my OS today. He was very happy with the progress I've made, he said I'm right on schedule. He never once said anything about the 90 degrees the PT kept saying he wanted. On another note, I called my GP about the CT scan from the ER last week. She immediately scheduled an ultrasound for today and called me a little while ago with the results. I have a couple of suspicious nodules, one pretty large. I have a biopsy scheduled for Wednesday morning.
 
I'm so glad everyone is taking prompt action about your thyroid. That will save you from worrying for ages and if anything further needs to be done, it will be actioned quickly.
 
I'm glad your GP is on top of your test results. I hope your biopsy goes well and you are once again on the road to recovery.
 
Hope everything goes well on Wednesday, will be thinking of you.
 
You are in my prayers for a good biopsy on Wednesday. Isn' t it interesting that the person most responsible for your knee is the happiest about it? When I saw my OS last week and told him what I was measuring, he said, "look at you - you are straighter than that and you are bending fantastic! I think they are wrong." Hahahaha! Perhaps PT likes to use measurements as a way to bully us into more. :groan:
 
Wow @jojo9610 so much to deal with at once! I join the others here in being glad the doctors are responding quickly to your thyroid issues, and I hope it turns out to be something benign or at least easily treated. Sure is taking your mind off your TKR!
 
@KarriB I currently don't have an endocrinologist. My GP has always taken care of my thyroid issues. I'm sure my GP will refer me to one if things progress.
 
I used an endo when I was going through all the testing. I had the goiter, then the goiter had nodules that had to be tested. But now my GP handles my scripts and blood work also. The synthroid shrunk the goiter and nodules.
 
I thank you all for your kind wishes and prayers. Ever since finding this sight I feel like I have many new friends. Besides my husband, I don't have much family and I spend so much time at work I feel like they are my closest family. Going through this it's been a little tough. It's been nice to at least talk about it with everyone here. Thank you all for being here.
 
I had my two week check up with my OS today. He was very happy with the progress I've made, he said I'm right on schedule. He never once said anything about the 90 degrees the PT kept saying he wanted.
I swear these PT's must make up stuff as we hear this sort of thing all the time. It's like they want to make someone the bad cop.
Best wishes on the thyroid issues.
 
My PT asked me today if my OS measured me Monday. He seemed surprised when I told him no measuring, all he did was ask me to bend my knee and told me I was right on schedule. I had my thyroid biopsy this afternoon. They took 9 samples. The dr. mentioned one nodule was calcified. Now I just wait to hear from my PCP.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom