TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

Fantastic news. I have also returned to my office it feels good to work for a bit. I do get up often and the knee does feel a little stiff but I did manage to do a workout for upper body with my daughter today. :yes!:
I am sure I am going to feel it tomorrow. But it felt good. A little bit of normalcy feels really good.
Take care.
 
JOJO,
We had our surgery the same day. I went back for my 7 week checkup with the OS and i had taken a setback after an aggressive therapist bent my knee from 95 to 110!! As a result I could barely walk and it took 10 days for my tissue to heal. It was during that time that I went for the checkup. My OS was satisfied with my flexion. He didn't even measure it but said, "You are sitting there at 90 or more, it will only get better". I am hoping you can discourage the MUA. If you read on this forum about MUA, they don't always work, I forget the percentage, but you may want to read about it again.
So glad your thyroid surgery went well. I hope your continued recovery is easy.
 
I made it through my first week of work without overtiring myself, however I feel like I've had a setback during my PT session Wednesday. I had a different PT (he was the director of the clinic) and he was working on moving my kneecap around. None of what he was doing hurt at the time but that night and since my knee has been stiff and painful. I even have pain in my foot. I've been icing and elevating more than usual. My ROM was 95 that day but I don't think it's even 90 now.

@woodsidequeen my OS said he wants me to try and get my ROM myself before opting for the MUA. He said that if I go 4-6 weeks without any improvement then that's when we'll consider it. I'm really not happy with my progress (or lack of) either so at this point I'm considering the MUA. I had to have one done on my shoulder when I had rotator cuff surgery a few years ago and it wasn't that bad. My OS said it's not a failure on my part, sometimes people just need a little help.
 
JoJo, that fine line between helping and hurting seems to get crossed too many times with some. I could barely walk when I got home from PT on Tuesday. I am just tired of it all. You are in my prayers always. I hope you have a pleasant evening at least.
 
It's been a few weeks since I've posted. I've been back at work full time for the past month. Things really haven't been too bad as far as that's concerned. This week has got to be one of the worst I've had in years. I had an aunt pass away on Tuesday, Wednesday night I had to take my 13 year old Sheltie, Sadie, to the ER vet only to find out she had bone cancer. My husband and I made the heart wrenching decision to put her down Thursday and Friday I had my MUA.

I start physical therapy tomorrow at a new PT. My OS was not happy with the old one when I described what they were doing. I plan on taking PT very slow and speaking up for myself when I think they're doing something I don't feel is right. My OS said he got to 130 when I was under so I"m hoping I get close to that soon.
 
Wow @jojo9610 that is quite a week condolences on the loss of your aunt first and then your beloved Sadie it is the hardest decision to make and even though you know its the right one it just plain hurts. As for the rest of your week i hope next week is very calm for you I am glad the mua went well. Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery.
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@jojo9610, I am so sorry for the loss of your aunt and for your beloved Sadie. What a heartbreaking week for you. I pray you will find peace and comfort. You are also in my prayers for a complete and successful recovery from your MUA.
 
I'm sorry for the loss of your family members. You have have a heartbreaking week indeed. I hope that you have a speedy recovery from your MUA.
 
@jojo9610 so sorry to hear of your week of sorrow - each of those things were hard, but all 3 together is an overload. You must be tired - take extra good care of yourself this week :sleep:
 
So sorry for your losses - it must be so sorrowful. Good luck with your PT. We had our TKR the same day and I too have experienced 3 separate incidents where the PT actually injured me and each time it took 10 days to heal. I have now suspended PT until I go back to OS on Feb 17th. I actually feel better doing exercises at home and also on my recumbent bike. When I left PT I was at 105 ROM. I can walk up and downstairs. I walk without a limp. Nights are still not normal. I wish you a comfortable PT experience.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom