TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

I had some nausea and taste issues with the morphine, so I ate Greek yogurt and a pack of those peanut butter nabs for lunch. We were thinking protein. KarriB's ideas sound much tastier! Ha! Perhaps your Husband could make you a turkey sandwich and leave in a baggie in the refrigerator for your lunch? I have knit shorts with pockets and you would be surprised what I can carry in them! Bottled water even! I enjoyed having fresh fruit as a snack also. I have a cloth backpack purse that I looped around the handles of my walker and tied off with a scarf. Just making do with what I had. You are doing so good. I am very happy for you!
 
Nice going you are having a great recovery I hit the two week mark yesterday and have started weaning off the oxycodone trying a bit of Tylenol during the day. I will see how it goes.carry on you are doing great.
@Timetolive I agree on how much you can carry in your pockets :heehee:
 
I make my breakfast the night before 35g oats, muller light yogurt or natural yogurt & frozen berries mixed together in a kilner jar. Put in fridge all ready for the morning. My son makes me a pot of tea before he goes to work.
 
@jojo9610 You can buy a tray that fits over the top of your walker or you can just hang or tie bags to the bars. I am putting a whole pot of tea in a big thermos and bringing that to my recliner. Considering how many cups I've missed due to "feline paralysis syndrome" (aka sleeping cat in lap), I think I'll continue that even after I am no longer using the walker!
 
I got up this morning to use the restroom and when I was getting back into bed, without thinking, I just swung my leg up and on the bed. It then dawned on me what I had done. Then while laying down I tried the straight leg lifts and was able to do them without any pain.

My husband is worried about going back to work on Monday but I think I'll do just fine. Maybe tomorrow I'll do a trial run and pretend he's not here.
 
:loveshwr::loveshwr: You are doing great!! I like the idea of the trial run. You may be comfortable, but letting him have peace of mind will go a long way too. Does he work close where he can come home at lunch?
 
He works about 45 miles away so he won't be able to come home. He's usually out of the house about 6:30 am and back between 6:30 or 7:00 pm. I do have a friend that's about 10 minutes away that I can call if I need anything.
 
I'm in San Antonio this week in the Alamo Heights area. A little late to be chiming in, but I've been on mobile access for the last two months, so I rarely see people's profiles via the app. I'm catching up at Panera today. Happy to help if needed. PM me if interested for contact information. (But you'll probably do just fine on your own.)
 
So far so good. I took a shower this morning (I won't do that when he's gone), refilled my ice machine, grabbed a protein bar for breakfast. He just left for the library so he'll be gone for a few hours. I had a little bit of a rough night. For the first time I can say I actually had some really bad pain. For about an hour I had shooting pains right around my knee cap. They finally let up and i was able to get some sleep.
 
Glad you were able to sleep. Those shooting pains are something else. I had one when we had company over and I just let out an involuntary gasp at the pain - how embarrassing! :scaredycat:
 
Sounds like you're doing well today. I 'packed a meal' like I packed a lunch for one of my children and then used a grocery bag over my arm. I used bottle water or some glasses that had tops on them. I couldn't take too many trips to my recliner with food because of my wonderful 4 legged friends would have eaten anything I left there! I also used a stool if I wanted to cook anything so I wasn't standing the whole time. It's also good you have home health coming in. I did that type of job and I would get anything for my patients from another room and I even let dogs out and back in when asked. It might help for your husband to pick up a takeout dinner on his way home so nobody has to worry about it. I do that after a long day at work. There's even some restaurants I can order from who brings it righ out to the car.
 
I can't leave any snacks lying around when I get up. I left a box of Cheez Its beside my recliner earlier when I got up to go to the restroom and when I got back my mini Schnauzer had his head stuck in it. My husband is really good about meals, he will either plan on cooking or pick something up.
 
How did your inpendent day go? That is funny about your dog. My cat will get into things!
 
I'm off work today, but didn't see you here. Hope your day alone was a good one.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom