Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jodingers recovery thread<

The roller coaster recovery will go on for a while @Jodingers. I’m nine weeks out but today have had to rest and elevate as I did too much over the last couple of days. You have to let the knee dictate the recovery, if you try to push through it too much you will pay the price:tantrum2:
 
@Lilli215 Yes, I'm just feeling sorry for myself, I do appreciate the advice. I so need to man up. Hopefully a better nights sleep and a new day tomorrow. Thank u
 
The elusive “better nights sleep “. Is there such a thing? Hope you enjoyed your outing. It does us good to be out and doing something normal.
 
@jboles I did sleep better, no flinging around from my other half who probably daren't even breathe heavy now! Outing was nice + feeling much more positive + focused today, thank you. :fingersx:
 
You’re welcome, I hope good sleep stays with you. I chuckled when I thought of your other half :heehee:
 
Ahh, don't feel too sorry for him, when I had a meltdown that he'd woken me up in the middle of the night, his response was 'at least one of us can sleep in the day' :gaah:
He won't be saying that again.... only from the spare bed!!!
 
I can't believe the spare bed isn't in use anyway! I could never have slept if husband hadn't moved to spare room. A good night's sleep is sooooo important for everyone especially for people recovering from TKR.
 
It hasn't been a problem - until the other night! I'm sleeping well now, pain was the bigger issue initially. A friend told me to sleep on top of a folded over duvet so the bed is almost in 2 sections, it's really comfy- best mattress topper ever! Zzzzz
 
Well guys, exactly 4 weeks today ( do we all count the days?!) and celebrated by realising I could actually do a full rotation on my exercise bike at home for the first time, feel like I've won the lottery!!
Knee is still mega stiff, clunky + a bit swollen, but I'm being very good at following bonesmart mantra now. :dancy:
 
@jodgngers, well done. I still can't do a rotation :groan:
Just off to give it another go.
 
@Bionic I found that rather than rock forwards + backwards I trialled doing just forward rotation but taking my foot off the pedal where I couldn't stretch + then catching back up on the way round. I realised I was lifting my leg higher than the pedal! Over a day or so I could keep my foot on tbe pedal. Gently does it, let the pedal slip to ur toe and see if that helps. Good luck!
 
Moany, groany,, whingy post today , went to a shop yesterday ( to get more wide leg bottoms as sick of wearing the same ones!) and without meaning to I overdid it. Plunged into the ODIC again so spent all last night icing + elevating.
Not so bad this morning but boy do I feel 90, trying not to imagine I'll never walk properly again. :bored:
Will take it easy today. Have a good Easter everyone.
 
It’s okay to moan, groan and whine; we’ve all done it. Just like sometimes we all visit the ODIC, just try not to have a permanent membership there!!
 
@Jodingers hang in there it really does get better, even though it seems like a month is a long time it's barely a start in the long road to recovery we all face. I'mm 11 weeks out and I still have to be careful of how much I do.
 
Thx guys, I'm much more positive than in the early days and I was annoyed with myself for overdoing it. Really drops u back down to earth doesn't it? I've just pottered about today + had a few minutes on the bike.
Seems patience may not be my strong suit! :hissy:
 
@Jodingers
Have you got anything to keep you occupied? I bought an adult jigsaw and enjoyed it so much I bought another one. Those are both done so I am just about to felt some merino fibre into balls. If it works I will turn them into a necklace.
Also I have cross stitch and knitting lined up
 
@Bionic felt balls?! I hadn't thought of that! I bet it looks great, post a pic when it's done. I read, I wash pots, I cycle, I nap, I eat..... too much of the last one tho...... :yawn:
 
I could actually do a full rotation on my exercise bike at home for the first time
That is a huge reason to celebrate! Good going. You are doing so good for only 1 month out!
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom