Guest viewing is limited

THR JoAnne's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chaseyboy JoAnne, I think you are doing great!
So I see you are thinking of going back to work at 5 weeks out. Whew....
I hope you don't have to drive in traffic; I hate traffic and live in the country. :SUNsmile:
I am trying not to worry too much with my surgery on Thursday the 10th. Wish me luck!
 
@shrinkette oh you poor little thing.....I think of you all the time....with all that spunk you had prior to your surgery....my husband is always asking about you.....oh you are so right...we are all unique. ..in our recovery....how is that foot...what did they tell you about long term recovery...I guess you could say I was in good shape....no other medical issues. But really all that said....I'm still recovering my way I guess...I think because of no other medical issues people think well I should be pretty much all healed and ready to go....lol...think not... sure I probably am recovering pretty well but I am still recovering from a major surgery...ugh...but your right.....I am staying positive....and I truly hope with each day you see improvements.....I can tell your a strong lady....don't give up....thank you for that little poke....makes me feel good....yes I am doing awesome....for me.:)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
@MajorHeidi.....0H girl....well I will see how this week goes.as far as work?.oh you are almost there my friend...relax. ...and although I do a lot of whining....lol I am doing good....just do everything we all talked about....you will ace this...you sound strong.....one more thing I did...,sleeping on my back was hard....fill a hot water bottle with really hot water.....place it between your legs...so nice...like you have a warm hug as you fall asleep....just something I thought I would share....my husband always kids me I love that bottle more than him....lol:)....You will come up with your own little things to help you feel comfortable....I am wishing you all the best. ...hugs to you...your almost a hippie girl.......yah.....:)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are so right....we all find little ways of coping...I love your hottie bottie idea....mine was a slankette....a soft cuddly blanket with sleeves....I couldn't stand anything heavy on my operated leg so it was so comfy. You ARE doing fabulously well....I didn't drive until 8 weeks..by then I was ready and felt comfortable. You are certainly not a baby....sitting down for any length of time took a while to resolve for me too...so at only just 4 weeks it's a big ask! I've been quite self absorbed during my recovery, if not selfish even....something I've never been....guess it's just the way it had to be!! Xxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@chaseyboy You are right where you are supposed to be...I am so proud of you after all of the worrying you had beforehand...You have done so good and I know will continue to progress as you should. Don't let the little things worry you. They all seem to work themselves out in time. In the meantime, enjoy the thought of the painfree life that is now right around the corner. Love you my friend!!
 
Oh you cutie pie.....thank you....worry is my middle name....things do work out don't they....ah this is life and we only have one....and its people like you who make it worthwhile....each day is a gift....I see that now...,and heck I love gifts.....knowing you and all these wonderful people here has been the best gift of all.....love you...:).,my friend

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
@chaseyboy, yes I am pretty close to feeling back to normal. The energy drain ended after week 8 and aside from getting a bit sore if I am on my feet for a very long time, I feel good. You will begin to see major improvements after 6 weeks. Hang in there. Take care my friend
 
Hey. ...it's me....well I woke this morning....couldn't fall back to sleep. I am very sore when getting out of bed...anybody else have that problem?..I have been doing a lot if stretching..my leg feels so tight...here I go again. .wa wa. Just getting upset that going to work this coming Monday May not be happening....did any of you return to work still having discomfort? I realize that this will take time to feel normal. I can so move around really good....but discomfort is pretty much there throughout the day. Guess it's just the healing pain. .

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
@chaseyboy Yes, JoAnne. I am sore and stiff every morning when I get up. Plus, now I notice my right arm and my right hand are starting to throb in the early morning hours. I started using a cane last weekend and because I'm putting weight on my arm now, I think it is yelling at me! I wake up about 4 am and I just feel so achy. My arm, my neck, my shoulders, wah, wah, wah! I am still sleeping on my back, so I think staying in one position all night isn't helping me any. I can't even think about sleeping on my side without cringing! So, dear, you aren't alone! Can you take more time off of work? If it were me, I would stay home as long as possible. You are still in the early stages of healing. I think other people want us up and about because they look at us and think we are much better, but we really aren't! We are still healing!
 
@Dmcfad2....Well I could stay home....but no pays stinks. ..bills to pay....isn't it true though.....I look fine...lol...even had my hair highlighted lol....but your right....This is the early stages of healing. ..so glad I'm not alone. ..I had work thinking I'd be back in a flash.....good grief...,and if I go Monday everyone will say how are you doing. ..?..ugh...am I supposed to say great....lol...guess I'll just have to see? Yeah ..I know what you mean about the aches. Still sleeping on my back to...ugh..I tried the side....forget that. So even though we are miles apart....know you have a friend who's days are pretty much like yours...lol..,well there is always next week...keep smiling: )

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
I am lucky to be retired, so I don't have to worry about going back to work. I'm sure you will do fine. You have a good attitude. That's half the battle!
 
Hey everyone....I drove......to get my hair cut. ....feels so weird being out....lol....I did it.,yah! And I have a jeep wrangler and got In it......yah....I'm so happy: )

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone....doing pretty good....although this week I think I took my walk.....way to far.....is it normal this far out to have pain after walking??? I thought I was doing a good thing.....did I do to much?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
@chaseyboy I'm no expert, but I think it's perfectly normal. What are you, about 8 1/2 weeks now, right? Still very early, my friend! I'm still using my cane because I can't walk normally yet without it. And I get pain if I'm on my feet too long. I'm only 10 days behind you. You are doing great! We will get there! You are just getting stronger every day. :friends:
 
@chaseyboy Hi Joanne!
Two days ago I did a 2 .25 mile walk without cane. Yesterday I spent the entire day doing nothing in
the recliner.
That was probably dumb. Should have just broken up in smaller pieces the walk.
You are doing great, back at work, and living your normal life. Yay you!
 
@chaseyboy Joanne, sounds to me like you did overdo. At 8 1/2 weeks, which is still early in recovery, your muscles still get tired and overdoing can cause pain. Trust me I had it happen to me. But sounds like you are doing wonderful!! Give your body the time it needs to heal and listen to it when it says to take it easy. It will thank you for it!! This is all a part of the wonderful recovery of a new hip but will continue to get better. You've got this girl!!
 
Thanks you guys.......Geez I thought I was there............ALL Better....LOL....well take it from me go slow...I was just so amazed how I walked and walked and felt no pain....it was awesome....until the next day.....good grief....so don't do what I did,,,,really....I paid for it all week long..Today I feel pretty good..Little steps...I will have to try and remember that..Yes Claire,,,,break it up,,,,we have plenty of time ahead of us for walks,,And Debbie your pain is normal as you can see so don't get frustrated...like we said this is hard work ...And Donna you always have the answer...lol....my touchstone...xoxox to all of you...hippies...:SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom