Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

What kind of withdrawal symptoms? I was trying to cut mine back a little today too? I hurt so much more at night than at day I don't think I need that much during the day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Most of us had cut down naturally with no withdrawals. As you need less, you use less. Before you know it, you don't need it anymore. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
 
@Jennszoo if you follow Jo's link I left you and cut down slowly you should be ok. Since you began cutting back have you felt any effects?
 
My mother in law came to "help" tonight. Omg. She supposedly made dinner, but I had to get up a million times and find stuff for her, I had to make the pasta side, I had to cook the biscuits, I had to listen to her complain about my pan the whole time, I had to deal with my kids who went insane bc there were extra people here (oh yeah, she invited SIL and nephew for dinner and then complained that my side dish wasn't enough). What a nightmare. The morning was a breeze by myself. The evening, with "help" was a disaster. Hopefully getting MiL on her merry way tomorrow morning. With help like that....
 
Ugh I'm sorry. Hate evenings like that! Look at it this way - maybe being annoyed by her took the focus off your knee pain. Haha. Hope you have a great day tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I did accidentally go almost 7 hrs between meds, was shooting for 6. I'm not in terrible shape, but I'm wondering if my knee will be angry tomorrow. Or keep me up tonight. I might take 2 pills tonight.
 
I'm no! Im sure hear what kind of 'help' she gave you. Next time calling for a pizza would definitely be a better idea. Hang in there. It will get better. You might want to take the two pills tonight and ice during the night if you can.
 
She wasn't helping you, you were helping her. you'd be much better off without help like that!
 
Big day at PT today. I hope I didn't mess anything up, but my PT was concerned about my quad not firing at all yet. She used estim for some neuromuscular education - not only was I able to lift my leg when it was firing, but I could lift it a bit afterwards too. I'm not going to push it hard, but it's exciting to get some control back in the leg. Like I've had to be so careful of it dropping off the side of the bed/chair and Gravity pulling it down too fast and hurting me. Already I noticed just getting off the table, that I could control it a bit better and lower it slower. So yay. But I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do much beyond ice/elevation for the rest of the day.
 
I'm so glad you had a good PT session!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Every success is a big success! It really good that your quads are firing!
 
Glad you had a good session and are feeling optimistic :) Hope your knee is doing well tonight and tomorrow.
 
Does anyone's knee lock up while walking randomly? My Pa on monday seemed confused that I was still using the Walker so I took my cane to pt on weds and had her show me how to use it. But she told me I def wasn't stable enough to use the cane outside yet and I'm ok with still using the Walker. I can walk ok, but every few steps, it's like my leg jolts straight and it throws off my balance. She said it's likely the quad trying to help, but misfiring. Wondering if anyone else experienced this and how long it took to stop and to get more stable?
 
Yes! And this makes me feel better since I know we had surgery the same day. This randomly happens to me when I am walking. I asked another lady at PT the other day who was two weeks ahead of me. She said it happened to her too at the beginning and goes away.

I just switched to cane two days ago. I am very very slow. My highlight for the day is walking across the street and getting the mail. My kids think I look hilarious and they enjoy watching me
 
Ha. Kids man. Mine have definitely stepped up and are great helpers, lifting my leg onto pillows for me, bringing me ice, carrying stuff up and down stairs for me. But they totally mock my old lady walking. Lol.
 
My leg locked up in bed often. It'll subside with use.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom