TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

I never used lotion until my OS gave the ok. Because of my complication I tended to be very cautious, I was nearly 2 months post infection surgery before given the ok. But you should definitely wait until your incision is completely healed and all scans are gone.
 
I'm still wearing my bandage so I'm not getting close to the incision. I'm kinda scared for them to take it off tomorrow. I like it all sealed up nicely.
 
I liked not seeing my incision. My OS used a Silverlon bandage. Talk to your OS about the lotion question tomorrow and see what he/she says
 
You can use any type of moisturiser on the rest of your knee. Just avoid the incision until it is completely healed, with no open areas or scabs. You don't need to buy any special creams or lotions. Just use the moisturiser you use on the rest of your body.
 
My kegs (lol legs) and feet are so dry and scaly even with using Vit E cream. The PT told me 2wks ago I good start using cream on my scar but that was after the scar was healed. I had been using moisturiser on my legs around the scar until I was given approval.

It's nice to read you are feeling better, I can't even think about when I'm going to be ok to drive but that's because it's my right knee.

Don't rush the medication drop you're still very early in your recovery. I'm 6 weeks today and I've only in the past week realised I'm starting to forget to take them.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Once my incision healed my PTs began using Palmers Cocoa Butter on my leg when massaging it. I use it now on dry areas of my skin such as my feet, elbows etc.
 
Bandage is off. Follow up Xrays look good. I was able to push to maybe a bit beyond 90° at the visit today, 12 days out, and the PA still gave me the lecture about working hard at PT bc I want to avoid a MUA. Is he serious? I'm pretty sure my gentle recovery/BS plan is showing good results, so how about no? I'll just keep doing what I'm doing bc yall are right and he's wrong. I just hate that people who don't find BS probably end up in more pain and misery bc of this attitude.

Now I nap.

Tomorrow, my husband leaves early for a work meeting, so I gotta get up at 6:30, get my girls fed and out the door by 7:15, then feed my son and pack his lunch for his ride arriving at 8. Whew. That's gonna be my most activity yet. I'm already dreading it. But I'll rest the rest of the day after they are gone.
 
Hi Jennszoo. Glad you made out well today. My surgery was same day as yours. Did you have the staples out and how did it feel? Were you seated comfortably? Getting mine out today. Good luck on your own tomorrow.
 
Glad your appt went well. If the kids can't make their own breakfast/lunch try to sit as much as possible. Are they cereal eaters? I ask this because I never was, but it's convenient.
 
I didn't have staples, but they took my big bandage off.

Yeah, one eats cereal, they should be pretty helpful, I hope. But mornings are high drama in general. I've been off morning duty since 4/19! :ok:
 
I would suggest you do as much preparation tonight as you can. And try and get the kids to help out some. Your knee is a brand, new infant and needs as much TLC as possible!
 
Good luck tomorrow morning. Sending you good thoughts. When my kids were younger our mornings were crazy too. Reward yourself with an icy nap afterward.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
At least you'll have the whole day to rest, ice, elevate and look at delivery menus.
 
Got the girls up, dressed, fed and out. Used the rollinator to walk them across the street to the bus. Omg. So much energy drain. I'm glad that Walker had the bench to sit bc I needed to collect myself before walking back. Got the boy fed and he's ready to go, just waiting on his ride to get here. I'll have her help me set up the ice machine while she's here. Solo morning - almost survived!

Tapering meds. Took 1 percoset every 5 hrs yesterday (vs 1.5 every 4hrs) without any noticeable increase in pain. Didn't set an alarm for overnight meds, took 1.5 at 11pm and slept through til 6:15. Yay. Looking forward to getting off the narcotics bc of the constant low grade nausea and lack of appetite. Already I'm seeing a benefit, I'm enjoying my morning coffee fr the first time since surgery. The meds made it turn my stomach - just the smell. Lol.
 
Looks as though you managed well. The energy drain is really unbelievable! So now relax, nap, ice and elevate for the majority of the day.
 
You did it! :happydance: :dancy::yahoo:You are amazing!

You are really doing good for as young as your knee is. Now, you can rest the whole day, as should!
 
Be sure you cut down your medications gradually. Don't try to rush it, and don't reduce the dose and extend the timing on the same day. Doing it gradually will help to prevent withdrawal symptoms.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom