TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

What a great phot of the cast and your girls Jenn! You must be one proud Mama!:SUNsmile:
 
The pain from a therapeutic massage is so worth it! The minute I step off the table I can feel an immediate difference in my flexibility and pain reduction in my muscles.

BTW just in case anyone is interested - I did some research and if your doctor prescribes massage therapy for your condition and writes a LMN - Letter of Medical Necessity, you can use your HSA money to pay for them. My primary care had written one for me last year prior to my surgery since I was having back and hip issues and now my surgeon wrote one for this year after my surgery.
 
Whew. What a day. Left at 9:30 to take girls to theater. Watched show from 11-12:30. Took girls to Subway for lunch. Went to pick up a friend who doesn't drive to bring back to theater. Watched 3pm show. Took friend and Ben to get ice cream (she's a former teacher of his). Drove her home. Drove us home at 6pm.

Knee did ok. I filled a ziplock w ice for the second show and it made a huge difference. But total log leg by the end of the day. Not moving til bedtime. And tomorrow is a rest day.
 
Took the new knees to the gym for the first time today. Did 10 mins of the seated stepper machine, 10 reverse crunches (hanging from the contraption and pulling legs up), 10 inclined push up, walked some in the pool. That was going to be it, but I felt like swimming, so I put the legs on a noodle and swam 100m using only my arms. Whew. Then got in the hot tub and stretched and worked on that tricky extension on the right leg.

Nothing hurts too bad. I actually feel kinda loose. We'll see how tonight goes. I figure this will be my "PT" bc at $17/mo, it's way cheaper than $60/visit now that our insurance changed (hubs chgd jobs) and I'm no longer at my oop Max. Boo!!!
 
:holysheep: Jenn! What a workout =- hope you recover quickly. If you are up to it, the gym is great for doing PT on your own. I like going to the gym and have started getting back to a regular routine there -- but am not anywhere up to your activity level yet. You go girl!! :swim:
 
Good job, Jenns! It sounds like you had a really good workout today. I hope you will be OK tonight. You know how to protect those knees, so I'm sure you will be just fine!
 
It's still a learning game. Knees feel ok - do I push it or stop while I'm ahead? I stopped every exercise at mild discomfort, before I felt any pain, so here's hoping I did ok. The tricky part is that I won't know for sure til bedtime or tomorrow!
 
Hopefully you will be fine. That sounds like a lot better than $60 a visit PT to me.
 
What a great picture of your girls! That looks like so much fun for them, and I'm sure it was a joy and proud mom moment for you.

I hope you don't have any pain from your work out! Wouldn't it be nice if our knees could give us an early sign that they're close to their limit?
 
That sounds like a lot better than $60 a visit PT to me.
Especially since you can do most of the same exact things at home for free! No time away and no burning gas! It's a win win situation!
 
Knees feel ok - do I push it or stop while I'm ahead?
You did such a lot, Jenn, on top of a big day out as well.

I think you should stop while you're ahead. You're doing so well. Don't spoil it by overdoing.
 
Oh Im done. Sitting in the chair for the rest of the night. Def not doing any more exercise. So far, so good. Just mild, normal, late in the day swelling.
 
Bedtime verdict - no discernible increase in pain. But right knee is swollen and I can't bend her much past 90°. Really goes to show you how exercise will not get you Flexion. Ice cuff on, percoset onboard and I'm in bed.

Hopefully I'll get my groove, or rather my bend back tomorrow.
 
You will definitely get your groove or your bend back tomorrow. You are always an inspiration to the rest of us.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Busy days for you! We are cut out of the same cloth..,be careful not to overdo it girl! I can't wait till I can really do some things in the gym!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Slept ok last night and my bend is back this am. And my arms and upper body are delightfully sore. It feels good to have worked out enough to be sore. Good sore, not this perpetual, months long achy knee nonsense! Lol.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom