TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

Negotiating those 16 stairs, both up and down, will be enough PT for your knee today.
 
I'm not sure if I did it right, there was much offloading on the railing. But I made it. I'm prob going to stay up here and navigate the descent tomorrow.
 
Remember, "Up with the good, down with the bad". When going up stairs, step up with your good leg first. When going down, step down with the TKR leg. I used a cane or crutch in one hand and held onto the rail with the other hand.
 
Made it down for dinner! Today is so much better than yesterday. Three cheers for adequate pain mgmt.
 
I'm glad to hear the pain is less today. I did have all my meals while elevating in my chair as just keeping my leg down during a meal would mean swelling. Try to just do the stairs once a day for now. I had 13 to leave the house and then. get back to the main floor of my ranch home. For now just do the steps when someone is with you until you're more mobile and have practice.
 
My poor hubs was a nervous wreck while I was on the stairs.
 
I live alone, but whomever picked/dropped me for appts would come into the house through the garage and stand at the bottom while I went up or down the stairs. Not sure what they were going to do if I fell besides call 911, but it made everyone feel better.
 
Agree that walking those stairs is enough pt for the day!
 
Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work!
 
Slept in my comfy bed last night vs the hard futon. Felt so good. I even managed to get the bad leg over a bit onto a body pillow so I was kinda on my side. The best 2 hrs ever. Woke up with some pain, but med protocol is working very well right now. newest pain is along the outside edge of my lower leg/calf. Some wicked new bruising there too. But still nothing as bad as that thigh pain fron friday.

Slow release morphine 2x/day
1 or 1.5 percoset (5/325) every 4-4.5 hrs
Gabapentin 3x/day.
 
Yay, back in your bed! You will have some new pains here and there for the next few months. The bruising is completely normal and will go away eventually.
 
So happy you are on the other side! I totally had thigh pain from the tourniquet. That was the last thing I remember them doing before I went out! LOL
 
You have a good med protocol. I am allergic to morphine. So I only had 10mg oxy every 4-6 and robaxin.
 
Took the nausea patch off yesterday. I was told it was good for 3 days and yesterday was day 5 so I figured it wasn't doing much. But today I'm kinda shaky and woozy and a bit nauseous. I'm scared to take the zofran bc I'm already battling the constipation. Any tips on light snacky foods? I just had a protein shake. Up until today, I've done well with 3 light meals a day.
 
Lots of water and fruit will help, some people find prunes do the trick. I had to take a dose of Miralax to get things moving and continued to take softeners for a few weeks. Is constipation a side effect of Zofran?
 
Anti-motion sickness pills helped my nausea a lot. I got a little sleepy with them, but that's all the side effect I remember.
 
Graham crackers were my early days go to for nausea and to take with medications. I'm glad your ahead of the pain now!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Buttery crackers on hand at all times and have toast to help combat the nausea from the meds. Also even though Milk of Magnesia doesn't taste great, it works well and I have it at least once a week. Hope all is getting better!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom