Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

At 12 weeks my knees are great weather vanes! We had some big storms roll through yesterday and last night. I spent a lot of time with my ice bags and used 1/2 of a Pain pill I have been saving at bedtime.
 
I have had a numb heel since surgery. Today it hurts and has some zingers. Could this be a good sign that the nerves are trying to repair and wake up? The numbness has really bothered me when walking barefoot.
 
I’m not sure about the numbness in your heel, but my knee sure did react to rainy weather! It’s been 4 years, and it still does react, but not as much as in the earlier days, and mine reacts after the weather has happened!
 
I’m not sure about the numbness in your heel, but my knee sure did react to rainy weather! It’s been 4 years, and it still does react, but not as much as in the earlier days, and mine reacts after the weather has happened!
Sounds like your knees are Meteorologists, 100% accurate after the fact!
 
Sounds like your knees are Meteorologists, 100% accurate after the fact!
Yes, a lot of knees are weather predictors, I’ve been told mine are weather reporters! :rotfl: We had rain all this past weekend and I was feeling it last night, though not as bad as in the early months.
 
I don't remember how to walk properly!

I had a massage this week and my therapist commented on the tightness in my upper quads.I then saw my Chiropractor who watched me walking and told me to engage my gluteus and stop using my quads to drag my legs forward. So after watching YouTube videos on "how to walk" I think I understand. I was walking with a slight forward bend and not tucking my bum in and engaging it. After so long using canes, braces and a walker I need to work on losing my Zombie walk. My PT this week is walking up and down the driveway, head up, shoulders back, tummy in and bum doing it's fair share of the work.
 
I am at 12 weeks bilateral. I had to pass 4 double width full length glass patio doors on my early walking practice. In each I could see my reflection, so I soon mastered the “walk tall”!!! My back was grateful for that.
Good luck, I’m sure you’ll find it easier to walk with a corrected gait.
 
I notice that engaging my abs and gluts make going up stairs feel better as well. My big core muscles have been lazy!
 
I had a great day! At one point I realized my left leg felt, gasp, NORMAL! The backs of my legs have been bothering me so I have stepped up stretching them a couple times a day. This past weekend I was also taking Ibuprofen on a more regular schedule. I am not sure what helped but I will continue those 2 things and see how it goes. Feeling a bit more positive.

(16 weeks)
 
Jeanie, great news! A few positive days like that can really lift your spirits and let you know things are heading in the right direction. Happy for you!
 
@Flutter1 I was taking 600mg every 6-8 hours. I was having trouble with night pain and started taking this dosage last Friday. Before I would take it sporadically as needed. I feel pretty good now so I think I will try going to 2 tablets every 6 hours and then try just one tablet and see how I feel. Tylenol doesn't work for me
 
@Sisterpat it really does lift your spirits. I even did a "just for fun" errand today as I was comfortable and had extra energy.
 
Hi Jeanie. You and I are just about at the same stage with bilateral. I too stopped the anti inflammatories, and really noticed the difference. So I am also back on them. Don’t want to be, but I suppose another few weeks won’t hurt. With me, the pattern is good day, overdo it, bad day, rest up, good day.... getting there though. Hope you’re doing well with the gait.
 
@Ghostpipe I so agree with you! Of course last night I had some trouble being comfortable and today I am sore. We drove 1 1/2 hours to go camping so I iced the whole way.
 
That’s brave if you to go camping! Do hope that you have a lovely time.
 
@Ghostpipe to be honest we do have a 28' camper with a nice bed. We go to a beautiful lake with sandy beaches.
 
That’s my kind of camping!

I did not grow up camping, my husband did. We went camping in our second year of marriage, and one other time some years later when our girls were 3 and 5. Both times we were in a tent. I was not a fan!
 
@Jockette I agree! The bugs are bad at night and today it was in the upper 90's. I appreciate having the window screens and A/C at night if we need it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom