Bilateral TKR Jeaniesknees. Bilateral

Thank you! All your advice and encouragement really helps. I have been feeling so discouraged. My knees do swell up throughout the day and look very different by bedtime. Trying to play with the little grandsons, getting up and down off the floor, is awkward and difficult. I really thought I would be much closer to normal than I am at 10 months.
 
Hmmm - getting up and down off the floor - this is something that I need to try. I have booked onto a relaxation course starting 13 Jan and after doing so I realised that I will have to do this. I havn't tried yet and I am going to have a go tomorrow any suggestins as to what way is easiest?
 
Hi Jeaniesknees i am a little behind you my procedure was April 2021 and it was only a medial PKR. But i totally get where you are coming from. My knee swells as the day goes on and by tea time i am back to icing. I saw my surgeon in early December he thinks its just my implant still settling and will improve in time. There is nothing we can do but just keep plugging away. I hope you see improvement moving forward.
 
The fact that you can get up and down off the floor is great! It is likely that it will continue to improve--just keep active. No choice but to be active with those grandkids, right? :loll:
 
Getting up off the floor requires some yoga skills. At first it involved rolling to my stomach, pressing into "Sphinx" then "UpDog" and walking my feet to my hands. Now I do a modified version, kind of rolling onto the side of my calf and pushing up with my arms to get one foot under me. Not pretty and it is rather hard in your shoulders. I could probably kneel on my knees as it doesn't hurt but feels very strange.
I came down with COVId last week so I have been sleeping a lot, my knees are happy with this. Swelling is down. Still not something I would recommend.
 
I sit up and cross my good leg over my bad bent at the knee (good leg that is) with that foot flattish on floor and then I roll over onto my hands and foot of good leg and lift myself up into down dog position and then walk hands towards legs until I am kinda touching my toes and then stand. Hope that makes sense. Sorry you have come down with Covid hope its not too awful for you. Rest and take care x
 
Carol Anne, I know how you are doing that. I used that technique after my orthoscopic surgeries. It was great and you can get up pretty quickly. Now I have bilateral TKR and it doesn't work as well, I am crossing over and pushing up on the outside of the one knee/calf. Not graceful! Blah!
The COVID isn't too bad. I had back aches for several days which was not fun. Now I am left with an ear and sinus infection.
 
Thanks Rubyroo! Feeling better the last few days. My daughter suggested taking some iron supplements to help my red blood cells carry O2. It seems to work as I quit needing a nap and can go up and down stairs with a lot more energy. The ear is opening up so I feel much more normal. Thank goodness!
 
It's great that you can get down on the floor, then get back up without having to call triple A! I've been able to get down on the floor since my revision and last year's surgery; getting back up, however, is another story and requires major maneuvering! Basically, I just don't do it. If I had to, I could probably manage, but I'd have to make sure hubby is home, otherwise it's possible I'd get stuck. So, you're doing great to be able to do it.

Glad you're feeling better, being sick is no fun.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom