Guest viewing is limited

TKR JASPA 2nd recovery

Wishing you a smooth recovery and good luck today xx
 
Thinking about you, @jaspa and hope everything went well.....
 
@jaspa Hey Jaspa! I’ve been thinking of you & hope your surgery went smoothly and you are hangin’ in there! Let us know how you are when you can. Sending healing vibes & hugs!
 
Day 4 ltkr! On Wednesday
Reported at 10:30am home at 5pm didn't sleep but !minutes at a time until Thursday night got 2 sessions of 3 hrs each
Taking oxy 10mg every 4 hours and dialysis 4mg as needed with celebre and tylenol. Have bad reflux so sleeping almost sitting up in bed
Homecare was here Wed Thursday Friday. Watching me walk take o2 level and blood pressure.
Thanks for all the well wishes.
 
Welcome to the other side of surgery, @jaspa! I remember those early days of sleeping in infrequent, small blocks of time. At least we know that will eventually pass.

I hope your pain is well-managed and that you have a steady, drama-free recovery.
 
Praying pain can be controlled and that you can get some sleep. It’s hard to function under normal circumstances without good sleep!
Also praying that you don’t get the other nasty side effects of meds like constipation and nausea/vomiting.
 
:wave:Sending you a virtual healing hug, hope you are doing ok xx
 
@jaspa welcome to your recovery!
I had my own room "knee cave" which helped, as I wasn't worried about waking my husband with my odd hours!
I pray you are pain free and sleeping very soon!!
 
Hi everyone thanks for the good wishes. Home care is very nice and he is caring showing me simple slids and walking to do. Finally bathroom is no longer the problem and reflux a lot more sensitive to the ice and added another layer between leg and ice. My calf and ankle are very bruised but according to homecare is normal. Get 2 to 4 hours sleep at night. Ice, elevate, slide, walk
 
Glad your home care is being gentle! With my first TKR, I too had a lot of bruising (it was so spectacular my PT brought the other PTs over to view it!). I also slept very little the first few nights but, as time went on, I was able to get additional sleep during the day. I hope that will be your experience too.

My surgery will be one week from today and I’m a bit more nervous than I had expected (I can tell because I am eating everything within reach). Nerves aside, I am still looking forward to getting it done!

Your replacements are a little closer together than mine, @jaspa, so I’ll be really interested in following your recovery. Happy healing!
 
Good work @jaspa. You know the drill and I'm over here rooting for you, hoping you have a smooth recovery.
 
Thinking of you Jaspa. Is it better or worse to know what is ahead with this surgery?
 
Had shower yesterday using oxy 10 and Tylenol 500 every 4 hours. The swelling and bruised leg calf is what is very painful. Had a 2 hour nap today. Doing icing and elevating but the icing even with bedspread between leg and covered ice is painful and I have to remove ice. Daughter has let me stay home alone since Wednesday at night and then someone checks on me and I heat up meals I froze as needed. Bandage was changed on Wednesday. Will post pics as this cut is longer than the other one with more staples.
 
I hate this swelling. Took heavier drug in night as swelling hurts. Leg is raised on soft pillow as anything harder or heavier hurts. Don't know when homecare comes this week
 
Just had a little catch up on how you are doing and sending my best wishes for a smooth recovery. That swelling and pain in the early weeks is such a miserable challenge isn’t it? Seems to last forever but hopefully it will improve very soon. Hang in there and take care. Have a good week ahead.
 
Sorry you’re in such pain. It can really be frustrating and bring on the blues. I’m rooting for you!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom