Catalien45
senior
- Joined
- Oct 15, 2021
- Messages
- 363
- Age
- 81
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Your report is So exciting, @jaspa! I notice that we are about 1 week apart on our surgeries. I’m So glad you don’t need the additional surgery. It does seem that this whole experience is dotted with “ ups & downs”,doesn’t it? I’m experiencing some balance problems lately, & thinking I need to work more on the balance exercises my PT gave me. Also, my surgeon said that will improve as my glute strength does. With the strong winds we’ve had recently, we have missed some of our daily walks. And, I seem to be getting more & more involved in gardening. I need to carve out my leg exercise time First! We got our 2nd boosters for Covid yesterday, so currently, I’m recovering from side effects ( dizziness, fainting & fatigue), but, as my sister said, “ better than getting Covid”. Both she and her husband got it, had bad cases. They are 82 & 95 respectively,, and I’m 77, my husband 82. We’re pretty tough stock, but, sure want to avoid getting Covid. So I’m “ laying low” for another day or so. Maybe I should come up with more of a schedule?
Your swimming sounds incredible! Just, Wow.... and isn’t the water good for stiff joints, and easier as to pressure? I’m afraid my swimming abilities have never been very good. We’re both anxious to get back to our walks. Winds seem to be back, so it may be a bit.
Well, here it is, another day, and I will try to finish & send this. We still had winds through today, but it looks better for the next week or so. I’m still fighting lightheadedness & my balance is bad, but thinking positively that it will be better tomorrow. Hoping to get our tomato plants this weekend! It’s working out well that they will miss all these winds.
You just keep on improving. I still keep being reminded, pretty much Daily, how much better my life is since my TKR. and, with time, will get even better. I’m with you, this forum has been an integral part of it all. Have a lovely Weekend....
Your swimming sounds incredible! Just, Wow.... and isn’t the water good for stiff joints, and easier as to pressure? I’m afraid my swimming abilities have never been very good. We’re both anxious to get back to our walks. Winds seem to be back, so it may be a bit.
Well, here it is, another day, and I will try to finish & send this. We still had winds through today, but it looks better for the next week or so. I’m still fighting lightheadedness & my balance is bad, but thinking positively that it will be better tomorrow. Hoping to get our tomato plants this weekend! It’s working out well that they will miss all these winds.
You just keep on improving. I still keep being reminded, pretty much Daily, how much better my life is since my TKR. and, with time, will get even better. I’m with you, this forum has been an integral part of it all. Have a lovely Weekend....
I do leg raises before I put my compression stocking on the left and gone to doing the under the table pedal thing for 10 minutes most days. The left is just very stiff and seems to have lost some ROM. I see the surgeon in 2 weeks for a follow up and will see what he recommends. The swelling is down in the left due to the veins and will see if the orhto surgeon wants me to consider vein surgery. I'm glad I did the surgeries and know I need to be patient.
