January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome emily76 it is perfectly natural to feel nervous and I can imagine with the added pressure of being a single Mum and a young toddler. Are you able to get some help from family, friends or home care? I am not familiar with the UK system being in Australia.

We all feel the same way about being reliant on other folk, but there comes a time in life where we need a little help, this is your time honey..

Have you started a thread of your own in the hip pre op section.. if not would you like to start your own thread in the hip pre op area. You will find a black tab at the top right hand side displaying ‘Post New Thread’. Click on that and decide on the title you want for your thread, then start writing and share a little about your story that has lead you to a THR.

The benefit of having your own thread is that you can ask more specific questions relating to your personal situation and we can answer them. Also other members will pop by and respond to you directly with their experiences and support and I can give you some links of useful articles from the library :)


If you have started one, apologies.. but once again welcome :)
 
Thanks Poppet. My mum is having my little man whilst I am in hospital. She will help as much as she can but is limited to what time she can take off. I am not entitled to any help with him so need to rely on as many friends as possible to come round and help out. I am hoping to get a rota of people together, but it is hard to rely on people and I fear being let down one day and being alone with my son as I don't want to put him or me at risk. However, I WILL make sure that doesn't happen!! I will start a thread of my own and it is great to be able to ask questions. Thanks. x
 
emily76 oh good, I am so pleased you have family.. Mums are great for lending a hand.. but you know they won't let you out of hospital until you pass certain tasks of being able to look after yourself, showering, walking up and down stairs etc.. I think you will be surprised :) - pleasantly :)
 
i just got the email form my surgery stating i am booked for Jan 23rd, soooo scared but very very excited at same time!!Cant wait to:

1. Walk on the beach again!!!
2. Walk without a limp (hopefully)
3.Ride a bike wihtout pain!!
4.Wear heels for a little while at least without pain!!
5.Lose weight form being mobile - hopefully!

Has anyone found joy in these things again post op? love to hear more good news stories,ill check post op thread also.
 
Hello, I am committed in January as well. LTHR is scheduled for January 2nd. Happy New Year! It was only a year ago that the doc said that I'd need a hip replacement, but he said I was too young and to hold off as long as I could. But over the year, the pain became constant, a limp appeared and never went away, and, oh yeah, the lack of quality sleep due to a throbbing hip! This forum really motivated me to find a new doctor (one who does 300+ THR per year) and make the plunge. I have my pre-op session at the hospital tomorrow. I have moments of doubt when I am having a good day, but I am going to stick with it!















=
 
[Bonesmart.org] January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??
Pennywise , so please you have joined us here on the forum.

Please start your own thread in the hip replacement pre op area. You will see a black oblong at the top right hand side of the page that says "Post New Thread"--when you click on it, it will open a title box. You determine the title you want for your thread and then to down to the dialogue box and proceed to tell us a little about yourself or you can copy and paste what you have written here.

The advantage of having your own thread is there is a place for you to express your concerns and ask your questions, and all us other BoneSmarties can respond directly to you there and can always find you to post to. Members will not necessarily visit this thread that often.

Looking forward to your first post in your thread where I can give you links to Library articles that will answer so many of your questions.

pennywise
 
Well, now I've gone and done it.
Booked for BTHR on January 17th. Close family and friends are saying FINALLY! Others think I've lost it...I have been very fortunate, my job has a good balance of short walking and sitting so I have not needed to take much time off work the past year since everything escalated!
Anyways, feeling much like everyone else here, pretty anxious. Not worried about pain or long recovery, but concerned about postoperative complications... For no good reason..... and I know they are rare.
So greatful for all the information on this site!
Good luck to you all!
 
Hi everyone, I am so glad I found you guys. I am having RTHR surgery on Jan 15, if all goes well with my heart Dr. He won't ok it till I have a stress test. Due to my high deductible I have to wait till Jan to have the test. I am having it on Jan 2. Your sight has been very helpful to me, I have done alot of reading on here and I am thankful for the information everyone has provided. Now that I have a date set I am excited and nervous at the same time. Thanks again to everyone.
 
Hi to all the January hippies to be.. I have popped this list in so that you can all see who your surgical buddies are and it helps me to follow your journey.

Hello abbydreams, welcome to your international BoneSmart family, great that you have joined.

Would you like to start your own thread in the hip pre op area. You will find a black tab at the top right hand side displaying ‘Post New Thread’. Click on that and decide on the title you want for your thread, then start writing and share a little about your story that has lead you to a THR.

The benefit of having your own thread is that you can ask more specific questions relating to your personal situation and we can answer them. Also other members will pop by and respond to you directly with their experiences and support.

Looking forward to your first post in your own thread, then I can give you some links to our extensive list of articles which may answer some of your concerns, knowledge is power... but fire away with any questions, we love questions. :)

I have started a list of members with dates in January... so now you (and the staff) can keep track of your surgical buddy dates :)

As other members come along I will add to this list.... January is not that far away :)

02 Jan gailcoco
03 Jan 2Bpainfree
07 Jan octopus
09 Jan TJB
14 Jan ilovefall
15 Jan abbydreamsand Foxybrown
16 Jan CookingLoverGirl
17 Jan Matsan
21 Jan Knitter4444 and TiredHippy
22 Jan nanal
23 Jan stargirl
29 Jan emily76
30 Jan gailcoco and gershom
 
I'm going to redefine me as a pre-op. I have a revision on the 21st, but think I need to look at it as a new beginning. No horror stories allowed <wink>
 
TiredHippy I have added you to the list.. for sure, this will be a new year and a new beginning for you :)
 
Hoorah to new beginnings TiredHippy!!! you keep the faith and the good will follow i promise xxxxx
 
Dear Poppet, thankyou for taking the time to lay out our dates. A key component to managing yourself physologically i think is to not feel 'isolated' in your experience and frustrations.

I wish all of you lovely people the very best with our dates and look at it as the first day of the rest of our new lease on life !!!

My favourite quotation i recently heard on a media campaign was ' What do you need to do to move forward with rest of your life?'... I know i need this operation
 
Good quote Stargirl. I need it too, as I've tried every other thing that could possibly work short of amputation. But the outcome has got to be better than riding the recliner, right?

And I'm going to be sooooo glad when you're amazed by how soon you feel good! And if I'm lucky, when the nasty stem is out that will be me too!
 
Hey there kiwi, my friend octopus I have added you to the Jan list :)
 
Thanks Poppet, this is only a pre-op appointment :sad: but actual date should be in the following few weeks. Not long to go!!
 
Hi There: I had my left hip replacement on April20/2012, and am now scheduled to have my right hip done on January11th/13. Although I know a lot more going into this than with my last one, I am still nervous, only natural I guess. This site has a wealth of information, and I wonder if I could have survived my first one without the support of everyone here. If you have a question or concern, they will come up with an answer and the resources to get you through. The support is amazing!
 
Hello,

I just got a cancellation date made available to me today and it's January 15th! Very close. LTHR. But I'm thrilled that I'm going to do this and be DONE with this pain!! :yay: And I'm also glad that I'll have the company of all of you that are getting yours done in January, too, along for the ride!! Here's to posting positive stories of great recovery from the "other side"! :SUNsmile:

Peace out,

Foxy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom