Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jamie's 2rd TKR Recovery Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jamie, I am so sorry I hadn't realised you had your 2nd TKR. I spoke to Jo this evening so she let me know. Glad all is going so well for you :dancy: Differnt from the last time eh? Can you believe that was about 5 years ago? What fun and tears we all shared then, I remember it all so well.

Don't do too much too soon though!! Take care dear friend. Loads of love and (((HUGS)))

Sue xoxoxoxo:friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Today is the first day of Spring and on that day I know a friend who could use some flowers to cheer her up and make the pain go away. Her name is Jamie. I hope you like them and you don't need to water them. :heehee: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:Take care my friend and enjoy the flowers. Tashia
 
Why thank you, Tashia!!!! Your flowers are beautiful and I love the thought behind them! Glad you sent them today as we are supposed to get MORE SNOW tomorrow and for the next 4 days!!! EEEEEK!!!! Some Spring!
 
Sue......how sweet of you to stop by and say hello. You are so right about this being a different and BETTER experience than 5 years ago. I feel really good. I can understand more why some of our folks leap out there and overdo it early in recovery. I did the same thing because I just didn't feel all that sore and swollen....for a while, anyway. It kind of comes and goes. But NEVER, EVER like the last knee.
 
I can remember that quite well---living in a cotton ball---I tried to grade essays that my sub brought me and i could not focus!
I often have that problem *without* pain meds. :heehee:
 
Good to see your post Jamie!

It sounds like things are going well and your extensive experience is paying off to make this recovery so much more comfortable. Congrats and keep us posted!

With all good wishes,

Dawn
 
Jamie Been hearing about all the storms. I bet you are tired of them. If it was safe you could walk outside for some fresh air as long as it not freezing. I look up where I grew up and it was a warm 5 degree. I don't think so. Please keep healing and rest. So glad that its doing better than before. Keep in touch. I could send you some :SUNsmile:. Here is some. :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :heehee: thats all I could muster. :rotfl: tashia
 
Thanks so much for the sunshine, Tashia. Now can you send some heat to melt the 9 inches of snow we received overnight!!! What a mess. We are so lucky that our neighbors came and shoveled us out. They did both our front walkway and the driveway and we are so thankful. Hubby's bad is really bad right now and there was no way he could have shoveled. And the snow was really wet and not the kind that works well with our snow blower.
 
Jamie, I have been thinking about the snow and how to melt it. All i think of melting the snow is by sending the sun down your way. :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :friends: I hope this helps. How are you doing? Please be careful. Take care. Tashia
 
Sue......how sweet of you to stop by and say hello. You are so right about this being a different and BETTER experience than 5 years ago. I feel really good. I can understand more why some of our folks leap out there and overdo it early in recovery. I did the same thing because I just didn't feel all that sore and swollen....for a while, anyway. It kind of comes and goes. But NEVER, EVER like the last knee.

Jamie,
This post made me smile. :) I am so happy to hear you are recovering so well. I am hoping that the five years between my former LPKR and next month's RTKR have brought about the many improvements I have heard about that will make my progression back to a healthy knee smooth. I have great confidence I am doing the right thing and can't wait to be out enjoying my life again.
All the best to you!
Beach
 
Congrats on getting the surgery over with and are now on the road to recovery. I want whatever you are taking. :cheers: What did they give you for pain? You don't seem all drugged up and I like that approach.
 
Thanks for the kind words, Beach. My feeling is that this knee is going better because I didn't let it go so far before having it replaced as with the first knee. There are a few changes in surgical protocol too that likely contribute to things going relatively well.

My pain medication is hydrocodone 5/500 one every 4 hours. That's a pretty typical med. I had choices right after surgery. I could use morphine (altough I probably would have had to make a case that I was in serious pain, which I was not), percocet or hydrocodone to start. Percocet is in between the morphine and hydrocodone in terms of narcotic strength. I wanted to use the least amount of narcotic needed to keep pain at bay and ended up with this doseage.

I'm three weeks out today and still doing okay. A couple of days ago I had some swelling start and so I've had to really scale back on my time upright. It's the "angry tissue" stage where your knee figures out what you've done to it and fights back. I still take the same pain medication every 4 hours except at night when I do hydrocodone 7.5/500....one pill every 4 hours.

And, you're right. This level of pain medication has kept me totally "with it" from day one. That part has been wonderful.
 
Tashia....today your sunshine melted the snow. Hooray!!! But....even though it's going to be in the upper 60's and lower 70's for the next couple of days, our weather weenies are actually predicting the possibility of more snow on Monday, April Fool's Day!!!
 
Jamie I will see what I can come up. Because its Monday, April Fool's Day I will try to think of something special. Take care. Tashia
 
Jamie, it sounds like you are doing great! I hope that the forecast is wrong for you on April 1st. I remember a few years back when we had a real big snowstorm on April 1st. It was a wet, heavy snow and I woke up to find our mulberry tree on top of our two cars. The only good thing about an April snow is that usually the snow is not around for long. Take care and get lots of rest. :)
 
I just checked in and found that Jamie had a second knee replacement. You always take such good care of everyone else Jamie, I sure hope that things are going well for you. I will have to start at the beginning of your 2nd TKR thread and read it through, but just wanted to say for now that I hope all is well.

I wanted to post on my own thread but when I found it, it told me that "I had insufficient privileges to reply there". I don't know what that means. But wanted to say that today is the 2 year birthday of my RTKR, and sadly the day that I lost Molly as well, so a bitter sweet day for me. I wanted to let you all know how I've been working on my ROM since I was last on here in February. If someone can open my thread so I can post, I would love to do that.

Again, take care Jamie and all my best to you.
 
RunA42K, in case I don't see your other thread, please don't leave me hanging with a queston. :) I see you had a RTKR two yrs ago, so why are you still having to work on your ROM? I would think it would have been done by now, no?
 
RunA42K, in case I don't see your other thread, please don't leave me hanging with a queston. :) I see you had a RTKR two yrs ago, so why are you still having to work on your ROM? I would think it would have been done by now, no?

I don't want to use Jamie's thread @ScardinCA, but in a nutshell...after having a rom of 130-135 7 months after surgery my husband became very ill. He was in ICU on a ventilator for over a month, but two months total I sat in the hospital everyday and was not using my knee. ROM dropped to 110, extension was going and I started walking with a limp. So I have been working about 10 months now to get my ROM back. I have gotten to 127 twice now, the best in one year. It's a use it or lose it kind of thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom