THR jackie222 RTHR - recovery

still waiting on surgery april 24th cant get here fast enough so lthr leg pain so bad. claves hurt burn. i eant to cough tge moment i try i feel it in lower bad and leg this is crazy sounding i know. did anybody else experience this???
 
Well after nearly 5 months I’ve joined the ODIC! Was it through the farm work, hill walk, yoga, gardening, housework etc?? NO. It was through driving, 4 hours yesterday and 6 today. My incision area is really stinging. All I could think about was getting back home to my :ice:ice packs. Only to discover the son number 2 had used them and hadn’t bothered to put them back in the freezer :tantrum2: Hopefully a good nights sleep will settle things down. If not tomorrow will be spent resting and icing

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend
 
Oh no!
I'm sorry you're in pain. You wouldn't think with all of the activity you're able to engage in
that driving / sitting in the car would put you into the ODIC. That's too bad! Hopefully with some rest and icing you'll recover quickly. Hope you sleep well tonight and feel better tomorrow.
@Jackie222
 
:wave:
Long car rides still don't agree with my new hips.
Glad you are opting to take it easy today.
Hope you and the boys are well. Haven't remarked to you lately but keep up as I see you spreading much needed reassurance on the forum.
Hope all eases soon!:) :-) (:
 
@Jackie222
So sorry to hear the long trip put you over the edge! Hope you ice is firm and you are taking it easy.
I'd hate to see a prolonged stumble for you just as Spring on the farm sets in.
Wishing you well
 
Sure hope you're feeling better today, Jackie
Wishing you a peaceful night and a great Sunday!
@Jackie222
 
@Jackie222, that's an awful long drive even without a new hip! Brave you doing it it the first place. My longest so far has been to visit daughter- 2 and a half there, a few hours recovery then return in same day. Would hate to think how I'd be after your trip! My supposed good hip and back wouldn't like it ant more than my bionic one!
Hoping you have a more rested day today and soon feel more comfortable.
 
Wishing your back to feeling better soon. I still don't sit well I always sit in reclined position.
 
That's a lovely walk @Jackie222, from church to church with the grand array of food at each arrival. . .just lovely. I remember our hikes way, way back on our first visit to England in the 70s. Mostly in Cornwall of a weekend; walking from town to town. Such lovely memories. So pleased you are doing well, Jackie. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Josephine hope you are well.
I’m after a little advice. I think I may have developed Trochanteric bursitis. On your diagram I’m am experiencing occasional sharp stinging pains at WR1F and it feels like I’m sitting on something across the V/W rows on my right buttock.
I think what brought it on was 2 days running of long car journeys, which came after a lot of weeding in the garden.
I have quite a high pain threshold and it’s not bothering me that much so I not talking any pain killers. I am resting and icing as often and for as long as possible. Do you think that this is what it is. And if it is is there anything else you would recommend. Thank you for your time
 
:hi: Just wondering how things were with you?
Also curious to what course of action you are taking to deal with your suspicions about the bursitis.
I hope you are feeling some better!:loveshwr:
 
Hi @Mojo333 I’m carry on with life much as normal. But I am resting and icing more. I’ve started doing the exercises that Josephine suggested and some others that I found that are recommended for it. Hopefully this will help to ease the sharp stinging. It isn’t all the time which is why I’m able to carry on as normal. Thank you for asking.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom