Guest viewing is limited

THR jackie222 RTHR - recovery

Wonderful news, Jackie!
You may get lucky and eek more than 2-3 yrs out of it.
Hope you have a great Thursday!
@Jackie222
 
Isn’t it funny how you suddenly notice things. I’ve been massaging my scar for ages now and I only just noticed there’s a rather large dent there. I’m assuming it’s because fat and muscle got moved around in the op. It’ll be interesting to see if it goes. But if not it’s a small price to pay for what’s been a very successful replacement.
 
I have two dents. :umm:
Looks like backwards parenthesis.
At least I'm symmetrical?:sorry:
Yea, worth it I think.:)

Hope your weekend is easy Jackie
 
Haven’t really paid much attention to my scar. I was just happy it stayed closed and nothing fell out. Then again, never had hot legs.
 
Hey Jackie,
Hope you're having a great Saturday.
As far as those indentations or puckering
I believe Jo mentioned that is where thread was pulled too tight in closing
the wound. Makes sense, I guess :scratch:
The scar IS a small price to pay, but I don't like it anyway :heehee:
Hope the rest of your day is great!
@Jackie222
 
:hi:
Wondering how our sweet, Jackie is doing today?
Passing you here and there, wanted to say Hi!
Anything exciting planned for today? It's only morning here and your day is probably half over...
27 F now with a high if 43F I need to get outside, it's going to be tropical, lol!
Hope your day is going great!
@Jackie222
 
Hi @Layla
I’m doing great thanks. It’s so wonderful to be living without the mind numbing hip pain I had before the op. Almost back to normal work at the farm. Just one job I’ve not attempted yet but think I may try it next week. Not back to normal energy levels yet, I get very tired. But that’s ok I just go to bed earlier and rest on the sofa when I need to. I Elevate and ice every day. Occasionally have a stinging sensation in my incision area. Can’t identify any specific cause so I just get the ice out and all is fine.

Had a drive out to an antique fair in Nottingham, it wasn’t worth the effort, all tat. But did get lunch out! Back home for a bit before head off to see in-laws.

The youngest hit 18 on Thursday and we had a family get together on Saturday lunchtime. That was the only time he had available for us!

How has your weekend been?

[Bonesmart.org] jackie222 RTHR - recovery
 
Last edited:
:flwrysmile:I am so behind in your news @Jackie222. Huge congratulations to your son and you for his magnificent award. I am a retired teacher and know just a bit about what he had to commit to in order to be so honored. He deserves to be very, very proud, as do you. He needed a great deal of support to achieve this award. Please convey my congratulations to him for me. To London you did go. How exciting!

You've had quite a difficult year. Besides dealing with the nasty hip problems, you've also had to deal with an ailing partner. I'm so sorry for your loss. To manage all you've encountered in your personal life and still go so far with your surgery. I hope you know how amazing you are.

I can't believe you are walking 2+ miles unassisted. I can do 1/3 with my rotator walker and maybe 1/4 on the cane. Love hearing about your work on the farm. . .that calf sure is cute. Hope he is doing well.

Keep up the good news because I am selfishly inspired by your successes. Lots of hugs. :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you so much for your lovely words @zinnia. Yes he worked so hard to achieve it. What I’m particularly proud of is that if he’s able to get away from uni he goes and help his old school run the expeditions, they’ve offered to train him as a leader if he wishes. I will certainly pass your kind words on.

Luckily hubbys anxiety seems to have passed away for now. It’s not been an easy 6 months but we’ve been here before although I’m keeping everything crossed we won’t be here again.

He is. He now in a pen with others the same age. But we have another in the sick pen, a lovely little red calf. But she’s also perking up well and hopefully will be back with her friends when she no longer needs bottle feeding
 
Aww, what a handsome guy, Jackie. Your baby is a young man.....bittersweet, I'll bet.
You seem to be progressing well with work and wisely taking time to rest and ice.
I agree with how wonderful it is to live without the nagging pain and limping, Ugh!
Can't say I miss it :heehee:

I feel like a new person, younger, energized, it still amazes me when I think on it.
At almost 8 mo post op I still ocassionally have little weird sensations in the area of my incision.
They're fleeting. I recall because I tend to put my hand over it for a second when it happens.

Getting out to the antique fair and lunch sounds fun. It's a nice way to fill the afternoon.

My weekend hasn't been too exciting. Hubby was out of town ice fishing with a couple friends.
I've spent some time with my daughter and grand daughter otherwise it's been, laundry and off to do some grocery shopping very soon :yawn:

A great week to you!
@Jackie222
 
Oh my stars...I just googled Kefalonia. Never heard of it.
It looks heavenly!
I want to go with you...:bawl:
Right now, I'll have to be satisfied with our little redneck beach (BIL pond)
Lucky duck. Please have so much fun I won't even be able to stand you!:wink:
 
Well today’s been fun at the farm in the snow and ice! Everything was frozen solid so had to do a dash to B&Q to buy some hose pipes. 3 40 meter pipes later everything had water. Had to get some hot water when I came to reel them all back in as the connections had frozen!

I had a fall but landed on my bottom which despite the ongoing diet still has plenty of padding :heehee: My hip didn’t even flinch which was a major relief. I took even more care after that!

I’m 14 weeks out now and feel very grateful to have had such an uneventful recovery. If it wasn’t for the occasional stinging in the incision area and the lack of mind numbing pain I’d forget I had a new hip! I’m back doing everything I did before the pain got too awful and am starting to regain my full strength. I don’t have the energy levels and I tire quicker than I did but I have no doubt that this will improve as the weather improves.

I have found bonesmart invaluable and would like to :thankyou: all for being here
 
Wow, @Jackie222, fantastic thread and even better recovery. It's lovely to read how you've just got on with LIVING after your hip replacement. Not sure I could be as stoical about a fall though, but it's reassuring to read that your hip didn't even flinch.
Hope weather soon improves for you too, not only to help with your recovery and wellbeing, but because de-icing sounded such hard work!
 
Thank you @gillycat11, getting water to all the animals is a challenge. My beautiful niece did it today as her work shift had been cancelled due to the weather. I’d left all the hoses in the house to prevent them freezing up as well.
I think because I had to get the water to the calves I didn’t have time to worry about the fall. Bottom a little bit uncomfortable today but hip as good as gold.
 
The funny thing for me is that I got through several months with the first hip without ever thinking about falling and whether I should be worried about it. Now, the fear lurks behind every corner!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom