THR jackie222 RTHR - recovery

Sharp stinging :gaah: poor, Jackie.
Thankfully it's not cramping your style too much.
A nuisance though, no doubt.
Hoping it eases soon. :console2:
@Jackie222
 
Hi @Jackie222, been quiet for a few days. Are you ok? Hope the pain is settling with rest and specific exercises.
 
Hi @gillycat11 thank you for asking. I’ve been doing the stretches that Josephine suggested and the pain has reduced significantly. I shall continue with them and the icing. Even with them I’m really back to how I was about 3 years ago. I was very scared to run after my OS said that’s it’s the only thing I can’t do going forward. But with a heifer heading towards the lane I found myself running. I’m no longer terrified of doing it :yes!:
How are things with you?
 
I ran after my little dog the other day...sort-of kind-of...
Jackie222, hipsters awe her, heifers fear her!:heehee:
 
:wave:
So good to hear you're feeling better, Jackie.
It will take something, not sure what, to cause me to run spontaneously. I'm afraid to try it.
Glad you're beyond the fear. I'm sure I'll join you in that....some day :fingersx:
Hope your weekend is great!
@Jackie222
 
Possibly need to thank the heifer for making you achieve your true running potential!
By the way, did you catch it? You never said.
 
As my hip got worse my weight increased. So on the 1st of January I started to count my calories. It’s been slow going as being too strict means I’d just give up. This morning I finally achieved a 1 stone (14lb) loss. I still have 10lb to go but feeling much happier in myself. :loveshwr:
 
Good for you, Jackie!
Perseverance is paying off. I'm sure you'll have no problem meeting your goal. Best of luck.
Hope you have a good week!
@Jackie222
 
Well done @Jackie222! My goal is to get a stone off too but finding it hard going with being back at work, working shifts, too many chocolate donations and zero willpower!
 
did anyone on this site ever have any bad reactions..it just left hivs like a chemical burn horrible
 
With weight gain I’ve learnt you can only address it when your heads in the right place. You’ll sort it when the time is right for you @gillycat11

Sorry @palin21bug its not something I’ve experienced hopefully what you OS suggested will sort it out for you. But the meds will probably take a few days to kicks in before it starts to settle down. I hope you’re soon on the mend
 
Great job on the weight loss @Jackie222 ...I lost quite a bit right before and after surgery...gained it all back...And need to drop a bit as my hips feel better lighter and believe me It All Goes to my hips.
Actually, it's all behind me now:rotfl:
 
Yeah, @Jackie222, guess the time is now, just need to work on getting willpower to agree with me.
Absolutely hate dieting and always have! I'd much rather move more than eat less. Now pain much less of a restriction, am hoping I can just do more walking, exercise and fitness. With a little luck the weather will help too- never seem as hungry when it's hot!
 
Congrats! How cool is that! :happydance::yay:
Hopefully some icing and a good night's sleep will have you good as new tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing, Jackie.
@Jackie222
 
That's fantastic! But you forgot to mention the pubs! Would a long hot soak followed by elevation and icing help with any stiffness, etc? Hopefully you'll be right as rain in the morning.
 
Well done! That's quite an accomplishment whether you've had a THR or not.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom