MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
huggy.gif

Natalie, I am so sorry to hear of that last diagnosis---you are right, it is very unfortunate. I agree with your plan of trying everything in the hopes that something will work. At this point, you have little to loose since you are crippled by your pain.

I understand those who feel that an amputation is better than the pain of CRPS. I have seen lots of folks with one leg running races and skiing. I hope that you find some relief without that drastic intervention, but I will add you to my prayers and hope that a release from pain occurs soon. Kelly

Dear Natalie - just checking in with you in hopes that you are experiencing some relief with the treatments! Praying you are improving.

Yes, Natalie, I was just thinking of you this morning and wondering how you are getting on.

We're still here if you need us.

Hugs!!!

I'm so sorry to hear you have CRPS. My daughter has had it in one leg for many years. It's awful sometimes, but she still gets out to prune shrubs or go for a walk out in the field and woods. The things which help her a little are Tramadol, ibuprofen, and Voltaren cream. She's looking into DMSO now. They've had some luck with the ketamine treatment in Germany, so I hope that will lead to new treatments which are widely available. I sure hope you find something to help you.

Hi everyone I'm so sorry it's been so long things have been awful if I'm honest I have developed horrific pain in my back now and had alsorts of tests I get the results next week I'm awaiting lots of pain management treatments to make sure nothing can help before amputation.

I hope you are all well missed you lots xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see you posting and update, so sorry you are now having back pain.
I found this article in your NHS, and thought I should share it with you.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Complex-Regional-Pain-Syndrome/Pages/Treatment.aspx

We have a chiropractor in town that has good luck with brain based therapy for CRPS, not sure if you have that available in the UK.

Wishing all the best, and hoping for better pain control for you,

I'm sorry things have been so bad for you, @NatalieMeadows Hugs!! :console2:

I do hope they can find something to help.

We're still here for you. I often wonder about you.

Post when you feel you can.
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
Caryl

Last edited by a moderator:
Natalie---at last a little hope enters the scene. I do so wish that we could help in some way.

Hi all at the beginning of the year I started with horrific spinal pain at the top and bottom of my back just out of the blue the docs were pretty sure it was part of the CRPS but I had to have an MRI I waited 8 weeks for a scan and had it 2 weeks ago and my results are next Thursday.
On Friday I got a letter saying the spinal doc had requested a x ray of my right knee before my appointment which I thought was very odd as spinal docs don't normally deal with other joints.Then this morning I've had a phone call requesting I go for an urgent MRI for more views of my spine,now I know when I had my 1st scan that all the images were ok,as in I didn't move and they scanned from my head to my bottom so what more could they possibly need to look at?
I'm very worried that there is something wrong now do you think I'm just being paranoid?
I would really appreciate any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't second guess Natalie. They could just want a different view or angle. Perhaps there is an area where they want to focus. Please update when you can.

Natalie,
I agree with Jacycey, often doctors want a specific angle or view, and that is why additional testing is being done.
I for one am glad they are being so thorough and not brushing you off anymore.

Natalie I am the queen of worriers and it is always a waste of tears/anxiety. I really believe they'd have called you if there was awful medical results. But what is good about this is that they are listening to you about your pain and they are doing more tests to get to the bottom of it. Also I haven't been on here in a long while but amputation is probably not really even an option to consider because of phantom pain. Especially if you are already having nerve pain, the pain could continue right? So lets hope there is going to be a cure for your pain. I will be thinking about you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Forum statistics

Threads