THR ...it came, it's done, I'm home, hooray!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there @ststyle59, I have merged your two threads, as we prefer members to only have the one recovery thread. This is to ensure that we can see your recovery history as a whole :)

I am sorry you are hurting, but in the scheme of recovery time you are still early days.. and yes, you are right - slow and steady grasshopper - check back on my post number 47 and here is a link to provide more information around the healing timeframes etc.. We don't have PT as an automatic part of our insurance, so I went with my surgeon's advice and just walked - not long distances, general living and working walking mainly and I found this was the best approach for me... It is hard to remember this is major surgery and it takes time to heal.. Xx

The following is a link to an article which provides some approximate timeframes around the healing phases and processes and the relevant nutritional information for each phase.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

Disclaimer: The information on dietary factors, foods, and beverages contained in these articles does not cover all possible uses, actions, precautions, side effects, and interactions. It is not intended as medical advice for individual problems. Liability for individual actions or omissions based upon the contents of this article is expressly disclaimed. Consult a doctor or other health care professional for diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions including the taking of supplements.
 
....thank you so much for your input, think I will cancel my "pt" for tomorrow and later in the week and just go at "my" own pace this week to see how I feel. Thank you again.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom