THR ...it came, it's done, I'm home, hooray!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dkirk0530, (and anyone else who maybe reading this), if you google 'blood half life, then your med name) you will get an idea why we emphasis about taking pain meds as prescribed as they are reducing in effect every hour subsequent to taking them. It is an interesting exercise :)
 
My walker doesn't have a seat, more's the pity, but I also use mine to put laundry on now. Someday I will relegate it to the garage, but haven't gotten around to it quite yet.
 
@Sharon, poppet, butterfly.......thank you all for your "expert advice," which I will take "all" under advisement, you guys are thee best and I really value your suggestions and hands on experience, this forum is a god send.....thank you all, god bless......Michele
 
[Bonesmart.org] ...it came, it's done, I'm home, hooray!!
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] ...it came, it's done, I'm home, hooray!!
bottomshollow
 
......started to use the cane yesterday, of course after getting ok from pt, I may have done too much yesterday, so therefore my therapy today was quite painful, I'm 17 days post op; did my stairs today with the cane and then thee pt exercises which consisted of 3 assisted leg lifts that most surely brought tears to my eyes......just venting, thank you for being able to do this......"M" from nj
 
IMHO, you shouldn't be doing things painful enough to bring tears to your eyes. As Josephine always says, don't let anyone hurt you, or push you to hurt yourself. Too much too soon can backfire and set you back. Just say "no."

Peace and love
 
Hi @ststyle59 - remember the mantra especially the bolded and underlined - the no pain, no gain theory is not what you need right know :)

But first the BoneSmart mantra

- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock

- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone, especially a physiotherapist to do it to you

- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again

- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it

- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!

- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Slow and steady... :)
 
@Butterfly and poppet, thank you for your input, I'll be sure to take your advice and apply "it!!". ....God bless and Happy New Year!!!!
 
You are very welcome :) p.s. I didn't get your tag :)
 
.....@poppet, sorry, but I don't know what you mean about the "tag." I apologize if I did something wrong, I am really not comfortable working my way around this forum, I need some forum "etiquette" lessons....:-\
 
...Hi y'all, finally had my first post-op visit this Wed. 1/8, and today marks exactly 4weeks post-op; OS says all aok, got another script for continuation of at "home" pt for another 4 weeks or so, no driving as of yet, need walker if I venture out, Doc wants "all precautions" adhered to, verbatim. My pt came to my home today and said that my at home pt may only continue for another 2 weeks.......cause I am not "home bound," can anyone elaborate and tell me what constitutes "home bound?" ...I still sleep in my recliner and am comfortable there, I use the cane around the house, still considerable swelling in my upper thigh area and behind my knee, "coumadin therapy" ended today, pain meds before bed time, arthritic pain GONE, hidious limp GONE,surgical discomfort exists but I feel like I am on "thee right road" to recovery! ....thank you for this "site"....God bless each and everyone of you...."M" from NJ........xo
 
Congratulations! You sound so much like me just over 4 weeks ago (I got my clearance today)... Sounds like we both lucked-out with top-notch surgeons and hospitals... Just take it a step at a time and rest a lot.
@dba212, whato you mean by "clearance?". Thank you
 
SS, it looks to me like when you're tagging several people, you are using the @ sign just in front of the first person's name. So that person gets tagged, but not the others. Use the @ for each individual you are trying to tag.

Glad to hear you are progressing so nicely. :)

Sharon
 
Glad you are progressing so well!! Woo hoo!! @ststyle59 Not sure about the home bound comment.. you might want to call your insurance company to follow up. Keep us posted!
 
......hi y'all, just checking' in, 5 weeks post-op today, coming along, slowly tho, using only the cane cane now but wonderin' how everyone else is progressing; I do have pt 2x's per week at home and I do thee exercises on my own too, cold here in NJ so no walking around outside. .....should I be walking a couple of miles per day? ....this is what I read on some other post-op Hippy's, they are in the same time frame with healing as me and they are walking "miles" every day; I am doing light housework etc., but find when I do too much I get tired, I can't ambulate without my cane yet; but I do lots around my house and go up and down the stairs everday too, just anxious I guess......any input would be appreciated, thank you....
 
I use a "Fitbit" - pedometer type activity monitor and just walking around the house now (at 4.5 weeks) I get in about 1.5 miles
 
I use a cane much of the time still and definitely outside (lots of ice and snow here ) but putting less weight on it and for short distances I sometimes forget it. But to stop myself from developing a limp again, I think using the cane is good. Will be 5 weeks next Tuesday
 
@charmed-life, wow, good for you...and I too am using the cane all the time due to "it" makes us place more weight on our surgical leg and I feel, as you do, it helps me walk straighter, taller and with not much of a limp, I still experience surgical discomfort though....glad all is going well for you and thank you for your input, best regards, M from NJ
 
....still need the cane, still have a limp, not like the "hideous limp" prior to surgery, but surgical discomfort, reading many posts about ongoing surgical discomfort, been doing pt and find myself in more pain today than I was in last week, although I don't have that gnawing, aching, arthritic pain, that I had prior to surgery...think I'm going to heed ya'lls advice and " just stop".....think I may be exacerbating my recovery stage(s)......don't really know though, never had a "thr," so I have nothing to guage my recovery to.....just feeling a little down.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom