Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ironman makes it to other side

Hi @ironman60

What a lovely report. Your wife must be so relieved to have you back to normality. I loved how you said my good knee.

I said that until Friday, when the front door was hammered by my sis in laws boys!! and I got up way too quick and twisted it. So now it's back to ice, elevate, rest x

Please take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hey @icep707 Great to hear from you again. If I remember right your bike has a big motor on it. Ha.:bicycle1:
I think if I didn't hike I would have to go back to work with a cold winter like this. Poor folks out East are getting hit really hard this year. I hope they catch a break pretty soon. Will rest up today & get some home projects done.
Seems they are never ending. Take Care.
Thanks @Nana moon 27 You are always so positive. I love the way you people talk over that way. I can almost hear the accent. I sure know about the twisting. I have been very fortunate the last month or so. I think I have built up much more strength in my legs & sometimes I even think before I jump. :happydance:I guess I have to learn things the hard way. I don't know if there is a normal for me but You take care & get that knee good again.
 
Yeah !! the weathers sucks here too in the san Francisco bay area. 67 degrees all week . :-) May go out and catch some rays. But on the serious side , do take it easy on that knee !! Iceman
 
@icep707 Thanks bud. I will do my best.
Only 67 degrees, you poor guy. Single digits here for another week yet.
 
Great to hear you're feeling so good!
 
Thanks @Nana moon 27 .
It has been one year today that I got my new knee. Even though that year went by pretty fast the first month was like time stood still. Between the pain & meds I thought I had made the biggest mistake of my life. Thanks to all the great people on this Forum I was able to realize that I was normal :rolleyes: & my knee was going to get better.
It doesn't seem that bad now but when I was going through it it was one of the toughest times I have had.
Now I would do it again gladly. It is so nice to get my life back & be able to do the things I love to do.
Thanks again to all who helped me & to all the new folks on here, be patient, listen to the Moderators & others on here as they have been there & know what they are talking about. Stay strong & know that you will get better. :happydance:
 
Thanks so much for returning and posting!!! That is an awesome report!

By doing what you did---returning and posting---you have helped quite a few others who are in those "Dark Days of Recovery"---that can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak---and know that it is all very worthwhile!

Again, congratulations and thanks so much!
 
@referee54 glad I could come back too. You people on here do a great job & a great service.
It is hard to come back & see the new people in so much pain & disbelief that a knee surgery could be that bad.
It takes me back to when I was there. I was way under informed & lost. I thought I was a tough nut & just shrugged off pain. When I didn't think I could take it any more the people on Bonesmart were there. Their are people that helped me more than will ever know & their is no way to thank them enough. What a great place.
 
Hi Ironman, I'm a newbie, just a little over four weeks out from TKR. However, one thing I know for sure is that I only want go through this once. My other knee is fine. I was concerned when you mentioned falling down several times. Is that something that happens, or are you just very active?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Newone15 Yes, I am very active & it seemed like I only had one speed. Get er done.
I had had back surgery 2 months before the knee replacement & once I turned the corner from the knee I hit the ground running. It was like I got a new life. I was way over doing & was doing so well that I would forget about the knee. I was hiking 5 to 6 miles a day on uneven sometimes snow covered ground, cutting wood , jumping in & out of the back of my truck, traveling everywhere & anywhere. I was fortunate enough to be able to retire after my recovery so nothing was going to slow me down. Not your typical 60 year old. So the recovery part was very tough & It seemed like one day I turned the corner & started getting stronger every day. I don't know how long that was but everyone is different. The main thing is not to over do before you turn the corner & be patient it will come & you will be glad you got a new stronger knee. Their was some very dark days but the sun shines bright now.
Good luck with your recovery & feel free to write anytime.
 
Hi @ironman60 I just laughed when I read your post above. I remember you hurt yourself the one time you jumped off your truck and you got a polite telling off from me :heehee:

It was so nice to see you in @suzzee2000 post. She's doing wonderfully well too.

It's great to know you're back in the real land of the living and getting on with it. Well done ironman, it was nice to see you pop in and check on us.

I'm waiting for my corner (as you refer) with this new TKR and then it's my turn for normality.


Please take care and leave us some updates now and again please, so we know how you are doing.

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi @Poppet . I agree totally. 60 is the new 40 here also.
If I would have ate right in my younger days & had good knees 60 would be the new 30.
:dancy: :climb: :hiking:
 
Wow so inspiring. It's a roller coaster for me. I look forward to being able to live a normal life. Xxx keep up the good work.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
It is Great to come back on here occasionally & hear from a few newbies & even some of the people that went through the same time I did. If I'm feeling a bit down I can come on here & know that I will hear back from many that helped me through even if it is just a tag. Too many to mention but thanks again!!! I don't know of any other group of people that are as kind & understanding as those on here.
 
Thanks. Haha I fill old. . I am doing alright. Thanks for asking. Just as inpatient as the day before sugary. But I know good things come to those who wait. And lol I've waits almost 4 months well would been 7. But I'm being silly.


And I hope that you journey continues to be great. This sight is awesome for when your feeling down.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Remember there are 86400 seconds in a day @ironman60 -- there has to be one where you can find a "happy place" -- oh yes! It is called Bonesmart :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom