10 weeks!
I am still spending some time in the ODIC and trying to identify that fine line before I am in danger of overdoing it. I spent most of the holiday weekend relaxing.
On Monday, we decided to do a little shopping. It’s so funny how you find such a mixture of people when venturing out in public. You have the kind, considerate people who will hold the door open for you or patiently wait while you hobble on by and then you have the clueless and careless people that don’t look where they are walking or seem to get the fact that they are just plain rude. I find myself being hyper vigilant and sometimes, I unabashedly hold my arm out to secure my safety and personal space
The knee did pretty well. Or so I thought? I awoke at 2 a.m. and sought out my ice pack and an oxycodone. It felt fine in the morning. I made it into the office at 10 a.m. and kept my activity to a minimum today. I am proud to say that I made it all the way to 5 p.m. Woohooo! I hope that by next week I can get back to my normal schedule.
With my son’s graduation and the holiday yesterday, I haven’t been to PT for a week! I have definitely noticed some increased stiffness. I am missing that stationary bike! I am starting to wonder if I will ever achieve 120 on flexion. I know it’s still early in this year long recovery. I just seem stuck right now. The good news is that pain I had at the back of the knee has disappeared, thank God!
I had a coworker question why I am still using a cane. I explained that I keep it handy for when I get fatigued. It does help me to walk at a faster pace without a limp. I could have said ‘mind your own business,’

but I didn’t. I do like to have it accessible just in case. Is that so wrong???