Guest viewing is limited

THR Insexec THR Update - Take Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
@insexec you have to love those early morning appointments. Get it over with early and have the whole day to start on the pain control. This time I am going to stay a day longer as an inpatient, first time around I wanted so bad to get out because even after all these years I still have a phobia with hospitals. I was thinking about going to a rehab facility afterwards and went to checked a couple out. However those places are , um let's say DEPRESSING. I felt like that little boy in sixth since, you know the one that says " I smell old people." So my wife and I decided that was not for us. Well this is after all, all about you. So I wish you the best tomorrow. May you have good travels down the road of recovery!
 
Thank you, @randy62. I agree about the benefits of the early operation time. I had the same time first time around and it was wonderful. I stayed for 3 nights last time and scheduled for the same. I'm grateful to have a loving and caring wife that wants to take care of me when I'm done with the hospital stay and so we did not pursue a rehab place. Rehab places do have their place though!
 
Hey, Insexec sounds like you are ready to join the bilateral crew. We are all here wishing you the best. I am so glad to be out of pain and back into life, so come on. :)
 
Good luck for tomorrow ...sending good wishes for a great recovery x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
:yes!: I on the other side once again but with a little hiccup this time around!!!! Sorry about the delay in posting but wanted to spend time with my wife while she was in the hospital room. Had to kick her out to go home and eat dinner and rest up!
Showed up at the hospital at 6:00 am. At the nurses station for pre-op preparation at 6:30 am. Vitals taken, IV attached, surgical area shaved and cleaned with an anti-bacterial cream, one compression stocking and pulsating wrap put on other leg, met with OR nurse and anesthesia team, given a small dose of sedation, 200mg of Celebrex and Lyrica to calm the nerves. All prepped by 7:10 am. Dr. Noble arrived at 7:20 to sign the area to be operated on, one last kiss to my wonderful wife and I was whisked off to the OR at 7:30 am. I was in the recovery room, had a brief visit from my wife, and was in my hospital room at 12:30 pm. I was given some dilaudid in the recovery room through my IV. Took an extra shot just before being wheeled to my room as the spinal was just starting to wear off and my pain level was about a 4-5. My leg numbness wore off around totally at around 2:00 pm but I was started on 10 mg of OxyContin every 12 hours, and 10 mg of oxycodone every 4 hours. For pain management. Will continue with either 5 or 10 mg on a as needed basis.
One complication was that due to the condition of my hip, during the operation, a small chip is now present on the hip. Dr. Noble has it wire-tied up to secure it so the chip does not get larger. Unfortunate news is that I am relegated to a walker for 6 weeks and a 35% weight bearing restriction on my new hip for at least 2 weeks post hospital discharge. Dr. Noble said chances are that everything will work out fine but given his extreme conservative nature he wants me to take the precaution. He will reassess during my 2 week pre- op with him. :badspidy:
Very sleepy now so may take a quick nap before my next round of meds in about 2,5 hours.
I'm staying positive and I know that this too will pass. I have huge support from my loving wife and this wonderful Hippie community. More later.
 
You did it @insexec , you are now a bilateral hippie!
Sorry about the little chip hiccup, but its good your OS is very conservative, and has a good sound plan for you.
Rest up, you deserve it!
:chillpill:
 
WE are all sending our thoughts, prayers, and positive energy your way, my man. Two hips are better than one, you will soon see all that nasty pain is gone, yay :)
 
@insexec, good job!! So happy this is behind you and the recovery begins! A little bleep but may not be a thing to worry about--and your OS has a plan. Enjoy some rest and look forward to pain-free days!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@insexec , so happy that the surgery is done and that you are in recovery! Sending positive healing energy to you and hoping that this chip will be healed soonest. Is that anything like when there is a slight fracture in the femur and they wire it to protect it while it heals? I've heard that those are usually not a big deal - just have to be more conservative at first but it all heals up just fine. Rest well and we look forward to hearing more about your recovery.

Tami
 
[Bonesmart.org] Insexec THR Update - Take Two
your title per your request, @insexec.
 
Thank you, @CodeGirl. That is exactly it. A small piece the size of a marble fell of during the resurface stage. The resurfacing tool has teeth and it caught an end piece of the bone. Doctor put it back and secured it with a wire. Cannot see it on an x-ray (which is encouraging) and he believes that it reattach in time. Resting, medicating around the clock, constant icing, and thinking positive is the name of the game.
 
I am so glad you are done with hip 2! You are lucky with great spousal support and excellent medical care.
Best wishes for the most comfortable and functional recovery!

I like seeing already how you notice the absence of the pre-op pain -- what a huge deal that is.

My challenge with hip 2 is that since hip 1 is doing well the other should be so advanced too. Not so much. My wife reminds me otherwise and bet yours will too!

Best wishes with prompt pain control, lots of rest and getting home when you are ready.

-Hip2it

LTHR February 2014
RTHR May 15, 2014
 
Wow -- I don't know how I've been missing your recovery thread --- I've just read from the beginning and certainly has me a'thinking.

First, let me say, best wishes on recovery with this second surgery!

Then, me too! This site is so great for finding someone a step ahead --- tho my first surgery was April 2, I am still working on deciding about second. I keep thinking it just doesn't hurt that bad, til it does then I take a baby step forward toward getting it fixed. SI joint injection tomorrow to ascertain what is SI and what is hip -- but already made my OS appointment for August 7 to start down the road as I think I've figured it out without injection.

Again happy recovering!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom