THR Insexec THR Update - Take Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CodeGirl, Hope all goes well with your right THR. Please keep us posted as best as you can. We will be looking for your updates. Best wishes!!!
 
Insexec, I was completely opposite from you. Once my first hip was done, I wanted my second hip to act up right away so I could get the second surgery done in the same calendar year....since I'd already hit my deductible and maxed out the co-pay with the first, it would have been entirely free to do the second. Also, they both looked equally bad on xrays, so it was just a matter of time till the other hip would have to be done.

Silly hip stayed fine for a full nine months, taking me into the new calendar year. And then....boom. So happy to be past all the early recovery stuff. Glad you're doing well...hope your other hip behaves, but if it doesn't, you know what to do. :)

Sharon
 
Thanks @sharonslp. The other hip is not behaving at all and will be getting it operated on soon. I have a pre-op clearance appointment next week but I am not certain my hemoglobin level is where it needs to be. We will find out after my next blood test on Tuesday. I have surgery booked tentatively for July 15 if the hemo level gets up there. I will post an update next week after I have more info. I cannot wait to get rid of the bone on bone pain.
 
@insexec , Hoping that you will be cleared for the July 15th date. I am so happy to be done with both hips now. No where to go but up!
 
Thanks, @CodeGirl! I just read your recovery post and hoping that your pain level and nausea stabilizes. Sending positive thoughts towards you!!
 
Hey Insexec, I had THR on left hiip Aprill 7. Today, it is totally pain free. About two weeks post op, my non-op hip starting hurting and became worse daily. Went to surgeon, got an xray, confirmed advancing OA was far worse than about one year ago. By the time I had surgery on the right hip on June 23, I was pretty much crippled with the right hip pain, and becoming worse than the original left hip. Why did it become so severe, so quickly? Nobody knows. So, from my exerience, if your hip pain is decreasing that is a very good sign. I did not read above - have you had xray of non surgical hip?
 
@waterman1, both my hips were diagnosed with arthritis back in January 2014. Just that the right hip was far worse than the left so I had that taken care of first. I knew I would have to get the left also taken care of but I was biding my time until my hemoglobin level went back to normal levels.
 
Yes, sounds like you have a plan for the second hip. I could not dictate the time frame for the second surgery, the pain in the hip made me schedule ASAP. Sounds like yours may give you a little more time, and hopefully so. A simple xray showed all the details to convince me why it hurt so badly after surgery in April. Because I have two hip implants, I decided the second hip needed to be BHR if at all possible because of lower dislocation risks. I don't know if I am 'better off' this way or not but I have the surgeon's name in Tampa if you want it.
 
Thanks, but I am all set with the OS who had performed the first THR.
 
Roger that, Captain and best wishes to you getting the hemo up. It took two units transfusion to get mine up after first surgery, and I felt much better afterwards, just so you know...
 
YEAH!!!!!! I have been cleared for a THR on my other hip on July 15. I am so done with this bone on bone pain. I now know what a pain free hip feels like and want it also for my left hip. I am hoping that this surgery will go just as well as the previous one in May, 2014. I am having the same OS perform this surgery. I want to thank all of you for your support so far and hope you will be with me as I embark on my "other hip" journey.
 
That's right my man, get er done. I cannot tell you how much better I feel with both hips complete. Almost totally pain free on Day 16 post op.
 
Good to hear you have been cleared for July 15th.
You will soon be feeling good all over. :ok:
 
Yippee! It won't be long now, @insexec . I can tell you from experience that you feel the difference immediately after the second hip is done. Two strong hips to stand with is such a wonderful feeling - no matter how good my left hip felt, I was still held back by my right one. Even leaning over a sink 5 weeks after my first surgery, my right hip would be crunching and unstable. Now, not a crunch! Just two strong hips and no pain from either of them. I feel liberated!
 
Thank you, @CodeGirl and @MajorHeidi. Trust me I'm so ready to have two strong working hips and I can live my life again. Golfing, Beach, sailing, swimming, fantastic vacations, etc, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom