Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone...it makes me feel so special when I see all your encouragement!!!

I'm reading @RestAssured s thread and I apologise for not keeping up with all your threads....I'm just so tired....I don't even think I'll be able to manage Christmas Day at this stage....I'm so exhausted!!!! I'm sure that's normal after having and still fighting 2 infections but why this time of the year????

I've missed out on so much this year....and I'm feeling really jealous of my family going to everything without me. I know I shouldn't but I do.....yep the pity party is back with a vengeance!!!!!

Thanks again for being here....you guys really get the frustration of when our bodies let us down.
 
Chin up Sally.. look back about a week - you were looking at the prospect of spending Christmas in hospital so you do have a lot to be thankful for.

Having said that please feel free to vent your frustrations onto us all here - we really do care :console2:
 
Jeez Sally....after what you have been through you deserve to have some self pity...if it were me I'd be positively wallowing!! Allow yourself a bit of slack......do hope you get some renewed energy and enjoy your Xmas as much as possible.....by next Xmas this will all be a distant memory...take care...Chrissie xxxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Sally,

Keep hanging in there! You are a special person who deserves a break! Infections make us miserable, but in the future, it will become a distant memory! Take care of YOU, watch some funny movies or shows and realize that we are out here praying for you!
 
Sally, you've had an awful and scary experience with all this infection thing. It is no wonder you are feeling sad and resentful of all you have missed out on -- it is a perfectly normal, human way to feel. Please don't beat yourself up for it. It's true -- you HAVE missed out on a lot of things, and it is NOT fair. You'll get through this -- we all know you are a strong person and will get through it. So tell yourself it's OK to have some self pity -- you've earned it.

We're all pulling for you and praying for you.

Love,

Milli
 
Thank you everyone!!!!

I'm over my pity party and wrapped all the kids presents with hubby today....that made me so glad to be home even though I'm not my usual happy self.

We watched a Christmas movie and I'm in bed now.....hubby took the kids to see Christmas lights. I want an early night because tomorrow will be a big day and I'm still so tired.

Thanks for all your support and I know we are earlier here but have a merry Christmas !!!!

Oh...and hubby found me some alcohol free beer and champagne..wasn't that nice!!!!!

Have a fantastic day......
 
Sally, Have a wonderful Christmas with your special family!
 
Sally, have the best Christmas you are capable of having! Don't overdo too much,plan activities carefully, so you have enough energy for a little bit of everything!:ereindeer::merry xmas::nativity:
 
By now you will most likely be tucked up in bed Sally @Vetgirl, hope you had a good day... How was the rain in Sydney?

After a busy, busy day, time for a quiet one on Boxing Day - do you watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart race on tv? My hubby has sailed it quite a few times, so I know where and what he will be doing tomorrow... Glued to the tv... Hahaha!

Hugs Aussie girl xx
 
Oh wow @Poppet .....that would be a fantastic experience for him and nerve raking for you!!!! My parents used to go out on their friends boat and watch the beginning of the race very year......that was a while ago now.

We had a lovely day.....the kids waited till 6.30am till they woke us up and coaxed me out of bed with a cuppa tea!!!! Always a winner!!!!! We went to my sisters for the day, but it was very draining...even getting dressed and looking nice took it out of me.

Hubby dropped me home about 4pm and I had a nice long sleep....bliss!!!

It was a lovely day and I'm so grateful I was not in hospital for it!!!!

Hope you all had/are having lovely Christmas days too!!!
 
Hi Sally @Vetgirl - I am not surprised you are feeling absolutely whacked out.. Rest, sleep and good nutrition is what you need honey.

Hubby was in the special forces, so no, never worried about him... :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sally,

Even though you had a draining day, just getting out of the house for awhile does wonders for the mood!:happydance:
It kept me from feeling like I was a prisoner trapped behind walls! Short visits outside, ESP. Since you are in your Summer season will do wonders for you! Take a chaise lounge out and sit and enjoy the sunshine; or if the rain is falling gently, sit under a covered place outside and breathe in the fresh air! Aaaaaahhhhh! Nothing Better!
 
Hi @Vetgirl, I gave been following your story and want you to know that I've been praying for you. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy new year. I know 2014 will be your year of wonderful things to come. Sincerely, Peggy
 
Another voice here from the other side of the world to tell you I've got all sorts of hope and good thoughts that your journey from this point forward is far less disrupting, painful, and horrid than the last several weeks have been. I think your husband was very sweet to buy you the fake beer and champagne, but what I really hope is that you get to a point where you can enjoy a real one again! I can't have gluten, so my beer days are over (Boo. Hiss), but when you're able, let me know and I will toast you from the Northern Hemisphere with a good local wine. In the meanwhile, know that you've got my support added to the mix, for what it's worth. Big, gentle hugs to you!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom