Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone....I hope you had a great Christmas

Well I got an email from my boss today and he has decided to replace me. I know that sounds harsh, but I am casual PT and the girls have been doing OT and extra days to cover my hours whilst I have been off. I thought I would be off initially for 8 weeks but it has blown out to 4 months.

With the uncertainty of my infection and future, he can't afford to be without me indefinitely. 2 of the staff will be off in Feb and without a replacement for me it leaves him with only 1 experienced staff member. I can't really blame home but its a huge blow......

I love my job, the conditions, the staff and the clients. I studied really hard to get where I am and it fit our lifestyle with the kids etc. it was also a motivator for me to get back into life......

Just thought I would share....thanks for all your support
 
Oh Sally @Vetgirl, I can only imagine on top of what you are coping with medically, this was an email you did not need!

I am so sorry! Bitter pill to swallow!

This is your time to focus on you and your health honey. I am sure your study will not go astray and once you are recovered who knows what job opportunities the universe has in store for our Aussie Sally xxxxx
 
Oh Sally that is not good news for you and it would be a big blow :console2: I have always looked at these things as being for the better in the long run - don't get me wrong losing your job is not good however I have found that when one door closes another one opens - cliche I know but it has happened to me many times throughout my life. :)
 
Oh Sally so sorry for the bad news, I had the same thing happen, my last day of work with my employer is 12/12/2013. I was bitter at first, but now I can't wait to be done and finish taking care of me and finding something new!
There is a reason for everything and your health is more important than a job. Please take care of yourself and concentrate on getting well and when the time is right you will find another job that you love and you will be feeling so much better as well!!!
Best wishes to you and your family!
 
Sally, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a job you love. Could you possibly go back there and kinda start over if there is an opening after you are well? Or maybe something even better will open up for you. I understand that your employer is trying to run a business and it's hard to be shorthanded, but it seems so sad to be let go because you are ill. It isn't fair! Seems like they could put you on leave of absence or something. I'm sorry for you and I know this is a blow you do not need, especially on top of your infection and the holidays and all.

I'm praying for you. (dont know why the font changed)

Love,

Milli
 
Sorry to hear that news Sally....not what you needed to hear with all that is going on.......although it's distressing for you at this time I have always found throughout my life that the when life dealt a hard blow it was swiftly followed by good fortune...as if by some fate it was really meant to be...kismet I think they call it......I pray that is the case for you....Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
hi sally
so sorry. you have been thru the ringer. I remember when my mom was in the last stages of her life (Alzheimer's and cancer) I took of time off to be with her, which entailed long-distance travel. my employer of 14 years (I was a social worker) refused to give me unpaid vacation, and said, anyway you're old enough to retire...which I did and never looked back, even tho at first I was so hurt, and mad. you're much younger and it's been so hard. I hope it gets better and better all around. and like everyone says, who knows what's next? only good things...d
 
Thank you everyone for your well wishes....you are all so kind

Still super tired after being in hospital ...how much can one girl sleep/rest?????? LOTS:sleep::zzz::sleep: lol

Trying to do 1 thing each day to get my strength up......

Thanks for checking in with me !!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
bottomshollow
 
Wishing you a happy and healing New Year!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Sending special wishes to you Sally, for a happier, stronger and infection free time - thinking of you xxx
 
Hi Sally. Stopping by to wish you a very happy and healing 2014! <3
 
Thanks you everyone!!!!! Happy New Year to you all.

Thank you for all your well wishes and encouragement....I'm not sure what this year holds. I'm a bit happier about my job and being positive that as soon as this is all sorted out that I will be back there.

I had my blood test New Year's Eve and get the results tomorrow. I'm sure they will be ok as I'm on the antibiotics. I have been having stiffness in my operated leg but am not sure if this is from the infection or not moving around as much?????? Any ideas?????. I'm still super tired from the dual infections and tire so easily. Everything takes a huge effort.

We go away on Sunday which I am finally excited for....

Thanks again for letting me know you are thinking of me....it means so much.

Once again I'm sorry for not getting around to your threads but I'm so far behind I don't know where to start and it overwhelms me.....

Talk soon
 
Sally,

I am so glad to hear you are taking a vacation! Make sure that you stop frequently to get out and move. Infections do wipe you out, so bring plenty of pillows and blankets, so you can nap in the car. Also, pain pills whatever type you take now! Take it easy, the first trip is the hardest! :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom