Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so pleased you are having a couple of weeks vacation. A change of scenery will do you good and to be with hubby and the children will be nice. Is it a beach holiday? Are you flying or driving? If driving don't forget the ice packs, heat packs etc...

A very good friend from SE Asia wrote to me with this wish - I pass it onto you...

Here we are- 2014! - "May you have health. You are smart enough to figure everything else out!"

Happy New Year Sally, we will be keen to hear the results of your latest blood tests when you can update us. Concentrate on yourself and your family, your BoneSmart family will still be here for you xxx hugs Aussie girl xx
 
Yes, of course silly me! Ice packs. Now if you want to buy disposable ones you can get them at the store. They usually come in packs of 3 and you press to get them to release the "cold" capsule inside. Otherwise, take an ice chest, and use it for ice packs possibly. Water frozen is pretty nice in the bottles. When they melt you can drink them because they are still cool! Remember to put a thin layer between you and the ice packs though. No frostbite please!:angel:
 
Sally please don't worry about getting around to other threads. You have a lot on your plate right now. Just be sure to post here so we can all check up on you. <3 :friends: Hope you have a nice vacation!
 
Happy new Year Sally....hope the blood test results are good and you can go and enjoy your well deserved holiday.....we don't want you to reply to our threads...only to know how you are doing is great. Take good care of yourself... Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks everyone once again for your replies and well wishes.

We are driving up to Fingal Bay which is about 1/2 hour past Newcastle in the Nelson Bay area, north of Sydney. The water is crystal clear and it is so relaxing.

My infection markers have come down heaps since hospital as you would expect on the antibiotics but are still elevated. My liver function tests are elevated too so they now need to keep an eye on those as well.

I just get the weekly blood tests until I see the OS at the end of the month.

Thanks for your support

Xxxx
 
Sally,

Have a great time on your vacation! Relax as much as possible and know that you have your BoneSmarties at home praying for you! Leave any worrying to us, and you concentrate on relaxing and the beautiful scenery! I would love to see some pictures! Crystal clear water! I would like to see water around this part of TX. You are blessed Sally!:happydance:
 
Hi.....greetings from Fingal Bay on the NSW north coast!!!

We are here with my lovely family from Melbourne and siter and her family

However, my leg is playing up and I just wanted to ask @Josephine @Poppet or @Jaycey for some advice

It feels very tight at the front just below the hip bone (the one that protrudes prob tip of pelvis) and is quite sore at times and even throbs a little at night. It is also sore at the joint at times and I'm not sure if its due to the infection or ????

Thanks for any insight you can offer

I will get some pics of the beach here and post them for these who asked!!!!!

Thanks
 
Sally I think you should call your surgeon and tell him what you are feeling. This is a new symptom and he should know about it.
 
Tell me the exact location of your pain using this chart.
Each square needs a double reference like so BR1F.


[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
 
Hi @Josephine on the grid.... C/DL5F to EL5F is where the muscle type pain is and DL4F the joint pain is where the joint type pain is.

Thank you
 
Sally, I hope you are having a nice time on your trip, and I hope you feel better from this recent new pain.

Love,

Milli
 
So are these the sites of your pains?

[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond


If so, I suspect that the yellow site could be an Iliopsoas syndrome.
The other could be muscular or related to the infection.
How is that going, btw? Are you still on antibiotics?
 
Thanks @Josephine ....I will read all those links.

As for the infection - my inflammatory markers have gone way down but are still elevated. I have some liver changes too. I'm having weekly blood tests and am on the antibiotics indefinitely. I see the surgeon on the 28th January and I suppose we will. Go through all my options then. I'm super tired all the time but feeling better each day if that even makes sense.

I imagine the surgeon will take me off The antibiotics and monitor what happens but I suspect surgery is in the future. As I've lost my job now I want it done and dusted as soon as possible

Thanks for all your help and advice
 
@Vetgirl ,

I doubt he will take you off antibiotics; he might switch you to something else, but being super tired and having the pain you are having can still mean infection. You said the infection markers are down, but still elevated? Problem with liver? Please keep your OS appointment!
 
Oh sorry @RestAssured I meant that I think he will take me off the antibiotics to see if the inflammatory markers go way up again and then culture the infection to see what it is. I got the impression that he didn't hold out much hope for the AB curing the infection but they are more a bandaid so I could go home for Christmas and have my holiday.....does that make more sense????
 
So he doesn't have you on iv antibiotics right now? An infection that is making a person so I'll usually requires a heavy dose of antibotics. Did he culture it before he started this round? He must have because there are certain types that will work with infections and others won't. So when you see him, ask him about the last culture.
 
Hi @RestAssured I was on IV antibiotics in hospital but they could be taken orally so I am on a very large dose orally now.

They decided not to try and culture it at this stage as I had been on so many antibiotics in hospital that it wouldn't have grown. They would have had to take me off all treatments for a few days to do a culture which was the next step if these AB didnt work. as they did they wanted to get me out of hospital for christmas.

I was on heaps of different antibiotics in hospital as they were trying to treat pneumonia before they confirmed it was the hip. The professor of microbiology suggested these antibiotics and they treat gram negative bacteria.

Hope that all makes sense
 
This is the protocol in Australia Sally, @Vetgirl - I have a very close colleague who had an infection and is now monitored for life and yes, her oral antibiotics were huge... I am very interested to follow your journey..

Hope you are enjoying the change of scenery, it is a beautiful part of the NSW coastline :) hugs xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom