Hi everyone
I came home yesterday....but it all hit me and I had my very own pity party!!!!!
I was super tired and then after speaking to the DR I just felt awful. When I got home my dad was waiting in the driveway to pick up something I bought myself for him to give me for Christmas and I got even more ticked (excuse my language). My mum passed nearly 3 years ago and although he is great he's just very selfish!!!!
I'm on the couch zonked from the trip home and picking kids up from friends and he's sitting there going where are the shoes????? Anyway, then DH had to take DD1 out and I felt lonely, awful and alone. So I had my pity party.....cried a little....why me etc....and then slept for a few hours. Then I woke up better!!!! I just am so tired all the time!!!!
So the update is that my inflammatory markers came down again...and so I got to go home

I'm to stay on the antibiotics indefinitely and have weekly blood tests to monitor the infection and also my blood count and liver function. As I've tolerated the AB (antibiotics...sick of writing it) orally they think I will continue to do so. They also help with the pneumonia.
Now to the hazy parts.....there is a very small chance that the antibiotics may resolve the infection but the OS is fairly certain a 1 or 2 stage revision is on the cards.....as to when that happens.....I may be able to wait even 6 months.
I'm uncertain how I feel about waiting....part of me just wants it over...but the other half sees some practical points for waiting, in that I can go back to work and schedule the revision (my health all being well) for mid year or when it suits me better. If I crash again then surgery happens straight away.....
My husband starts a new job in February for a US based company which will involve a bit of travelling throughout the first part of the year to the US for training etc....so to wait for those reasons could be good....and I could go back to work and get some money happening again. Hubby got a decent pay rise with the new job so I don't have to work but the medical bills have anilated us this year so it would be good to build some savings again
My reasons for not wanting to wait are that I have bug living in side of me!!!!

LOL. I hate taking AB and am aware that its not great long term. I am also used to not having much of a life so if I go and get into the full swing of life then it might make it harder to go through all this again. Also I just want it all over so I can move on with life.
The other reason I was a bit negative yesterday is that I have to be careful in the sun because these AB increase sun sensitivity and he would prefer it if I don't drink alcohol because the AB are metabolised by the liver as is alcohol. Ok, now don't get me wrong I'm not an alcoholic but at this time of year I will miss a champagne or cold beer after the beach.
Australia has hot summers and we are going on a beach holiday!!!! For 2 weeks....not being in the sun too much is really hard and not having a cold beer is even harder or at least on par. But I'm ok now....I'm home, I'm going to get better (there were a few days in hospital that I wondered if they would ever find what was wrong)
I'm going to get stronger and I can at least swim and do more that if I was going away with a spacer in my leg. It's a beautiful day here and I'm going to lie by the pool (under the umbrella) and rest. Better than hospital!!!!

Wayne's going to clean the boat and take me out one day this week. I'm home with my beautiful family and Oscar the dog!!!!! Love him.
And I have all of you and my life. A lady I knew from the vet and school passed away last week and I'm so very sad.....so I keep trying to remember that this isn't the end of the world, that hopefully they will fix it without another infection. I am drawing great strength from Sonja's story @
RestAssured as I can read it better now my headache is nearly gone
The surgeon said he was so sorry that this had happened to me and he would make sure I had everything I needed to get through this and also this season when all the Drs are away including himself for all of January . I have his mobile and can call any time if I get worse. He is going to ring my GP on Monday to personally explain what I need in terms of AB and tests etc.....I have enough AB for the next 6 weeks too.
Well there's my update ....thank you for all your support and well wishes.
Talk soon