Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have been through so much vet girl. One can't even imagine the pressure you and your family have been under. But next month just know it's about to turn around for you. Your strength is awesone. I pray all goes well with you and your family in Jesus Name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
So sorry to read of all your pain and stress. You and your husband are strong and will make it through this. This is definitely the place to release your stress and fears; though we haven't all been through your trials, we can try to support you through it. I will be thinking of you and keeping up with your progress. :console2:
 
Sally - I know its hard to feel and believe it - but you and your husband and your children have amazing strength. Even the strongest at times struggle to carry their load -- and you are all dealing with so much! You can do this, you are all doing it, you will get to that 3, 6, 9 months down the road, you too will get to where this is but a awful awful memory. With so many, many positive thoughts sent your way . . .
 
OMG Vet girl - Sally. I actually don't know what I could even write to help you. I am so sorry that you and your family have to go through this. I do think your strength will carry you through this. And you have shown such grace under pressure. You are my hero. Prayers, cyber hugs and positive thoughts your way.

Sheila
 
Oh Sally... You have been there for so many of us... Please don't waste one moment, one iota of guilt on not posting on enough threads or anything else except YOU. I'm sure I speak for many of us here who only want you to get well, to have a successful surgery & recovery, & to reclaim your life. I'm positive that all will fall into place as you emerge with your new hip & begin the healing process... That will give you & your family a real lift, hope, a realistic goal, something truly positive for a change. The stress you've all been under in different ways takes a toll, for sure, but I truly believe it's a temporary one & that you've got the resilience it takes to bounce back. I also think it's wise for your hubby to take a break while he can.

You're almost there, & then it's gonna be a whole new episode. Crossing my fingers for everything to go well.
 
@Vetgirl you showed support and kindness to me when I first came here. I have followed your story without joining into the discussion as everyone else is saying it all so eloquently. I pray for you and your family to have the strength to get through this difficult time.
 
Sally,
You were one of the first people to welcome me to BS. You had so many kind words and so much encouragement for me. Your spirit shines through here. Don't worry about supporting people right now (online or even at home.) Just worry about taking care of yourself and getting through the weeks and months ahead. Everyone understands and wants you to get better.
I pray that God fills the space around you, protects you and heals you.
 
Sally, you and your family have been through so much, its almost unimaginable.
You will be in my prayers for your upcoming date so that your surgery goes smoothly and bug free.
You deserve to get your life back....
 
@Vetgirl Sally, your honesty shines around you and, truly, makes me look up to you. You are the world's best wife, married to the world's best husband. Your family is strong, and one by one you all are strong. We cannot know what life will be like next year, but I can sure pray for successful surgery and a wonderful and lasting good outcome.
Of course (as others have said) do not worry ONE BIT about not posting on others' threads. We are here for you regardless *insert hug-a-friend smiley here, it seems to have gone missing!*
 
Oh Sally. I have no words. Please take this time for yourself and try to put away the guilt. Prolonged fear and pain changes you, but you will find yourself again when this ordeal is over. We are all pulling for you. Just days away now. Sending you love.
 
Sally, As others have said, please do not feel any guilt for not posting. The love of the group on this forum needs to be given back to you now, when you are at your lowest. :hugzz: I can't begin to understand what you and your family have been thru, but I also have faith that you will all make it through this, intact and stronger for what you have gone thru together. :thumb:You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. :prayer:The time for the new hip is almost here, and I ask that God strengthen you and your family as you all move thru your healing. :praying:Love and gentle hugs sent your way!!
 
Hi Sally, hope today is a better day for you. Your surgery date is getting nearer and you have done so well to get here. Baby steps to feeling more positive- you are in good hands with lots of people ( on-line and real) in your corner.
Wishing you well with positive healing thoughts, Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Darling Sally, @Vetgirl - my heart goes out to you.. Sending much love and hugs xxxxxx
 
Sally. It will all get better. Life has this amazing way of guiding us in the direction of positive. Take care of you.. Do not worry about giving others spirit on this board. You need to focus on yourself, your family and regaining your life back. You are a strong woman and can do this.. Stay in the positive.. The body heals when your mind is in the positive.


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Hi Sally we met in the social forum on the wheelchair thread. I've just read your last post and feel I could have written a very similar one myself. Relationships are stretched going through this rough road. I know, I understand. People say you come out stronger on the other side and I believe it too. My son is grown up so I don't have the added pressure of having to look after him.

The physical and emotional toll is immense going through this. Hang in there, like me the time is almost here for the new implant. You are in my thoughts
 
Dear Vetgirl

I go away tomorrow, so will be very eager to check in on your progress, when I get back mid-June.

Don't agonise too much about the tricky stuff at home. I reckon some of it, at least, is pretty much inevitable and unavoidable. Whether or not either of you promised the other a rose garden, you were pretty much bound to find there would be some thorns in there somewhere.

My husband and I didn't have many big rows (at least not more than usual), but I did notice how quickly "Are you comfortable? Can I get you anything?" mysteriously morphed into "Can't you reach it yourself? I've bought you a grabber." This delivered with just the teensiest hint of an edge to the voice.

For what it's worth, I think it's a good idea not to want your husband to visit in hospital too often. I made the same suggestion, and saw mine every other day. It wasn't as though I had masses of conversations and news. "I had a blood test. They said it was OK. The nurse changed my dressing. She said it looked OK." That sort of thing. Hardly blockbuster movie stuff. I was very happy to let him have a short break.

All the best.

Glynis
 
Sally I am so sorry you and your family has to go through this ordeal. The pain and fear can change us. Soon you'll have another chance for a new hip and hopefully the pain will be gone. I also hope the fear of the nasty bug coming back will go away as well. I'm always thinking about you and wishing the best for you!

All the best to you and your family,
Lisa
 
Oh Sally, I cried when I read your post. There's so much going on for you, it's no wonder you feel sad and angry and very very disappointed with this whole process. You must have very little energy for anything right now, this is so much to cope with. Please, please do not feel guilty about not visiting others threads, this is your time right now, we know that you care, but it's our turn to care about you. Just come to see the support & love you have here. Sending positive healing thoughts your way. Much love, Diane.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom