Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally, @Vetgirl I'm sticking with my original thought that there is a book in you...not only would it be a good read, it could be cathartic for you.
Sending you grace and peace.
Dieter
 
Hi Sally, sending my best most healing positive thoughts to you, down under...hope you have a good day :-) Gill


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
hi @Vetgirl , sally. what a moving post. I'm thinking one other thing. my mom had a friend who had, and died of cancer many years ago. she said something like "now nobody will want to be my friend." it was about people being afraid to be too close to suffering. maybe it's contagious, or they won't know how to be, or whatever. so they just ditch. I guess you do see who your real friends are. and after what you're going thru, it probably makes sense to focus on the people who can 'be there'. I so hope that things work out and this will be a memory. and you have definitely given us the experience of the helpee. good luck.
 
Sally I am so sorry that I have not been here for you as you were for me during my early recovery. I do want you to know that no matter what, it is ok for you to let us know what you are feeling with the full 100% honest truth. I still think you have been brave, my goodness girl, with all you have been thru you have the right to think of yourself first, as it should be. I guess the reason I see you as brave is because you have managed to face all you have dealt with in a way that was much stronger than I believe I would ever find myself under the same circumstances. I can't even begin to imagine what you have gone thru, wouldn't even attempt to because I think the only way to understand is to have gone thru it firsthand. You are such a beautiful person and are loved so much here. You have given strength to others when you didn't even have the strength to do so. My wish for you is that even though you will be starting over with the THR on June 4th, that this time around all goes as it should, with no glitches along the way. My prayer is that God allow you the healing, not just physical healing but mental and emotional healing as well. You so deserve it!!

Love peace and hugs
 
@Vetgirl, I am not on bonesmart much anymore, but think of you often and so hope you are on the road back to recovery. I'm so sorry for what you've had to endure. You have checked in on my thread in the past and I appreciate it. I also appreciate your well-written, detailed reports as well as your candor. What you've written is invaluable to the rest of us. Please take care.
 
Just stopping by to let you know you are in my thoughts every day. I'm counting down to your surgery day next week and hoping for some good results so you can finally start moving forward. You have been thru so much, too much really, and I really want all good things to come your way.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
@Vetgirl Still remembering to pray for you each day through Jun 4. Just wanted you to know :)


2014May5 - RTHR Direct Lateral Approach
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Vetgirl Like Peaches, I'm not here hardly at all any more, so I have missed your entire last 8 months. I cannot possibly catch up, but I see that you are going to be coming out of this with a(nother) new hip on June 4. I will be thinking of you :)
 
Guess you're gearing up for your big day. Wanted you to know that I admire your courage & fortitude & am hoping for the best results possible on June 4. ❤❤
 
Sally,
Thinking of you today, sending love and caring your way for your upcoming surgery.
 
Sally,
Hope you are doing well. Sending love and prayers your way. :angel:
 
Hi Sally, guess you are gearing up for your big surgery shortly...... Hope you are enjoying things and thinking positive thoughts about the good things coming.
Best!
 
@Vetgirl I'm not on Bonesmart much anymore and have not seen your thread until now. I'm so sorry to hear all you have been going through. What a incredibly rough time! Know that we are all thinking of you and wish we could be there with you in person as well as on here. Sending you comfort and healing thoughts, and best wishes for your THR in a couple of weeks.
 
@Vetgirl Hi Sally, I hope you are doing well. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying for the best possible outcome for your surgery next week. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings!
 
Hi Sally - my iPhone is still reminding me every day to say a little prayer for you, and I will continue to do that up to and through your surgery date. God goes before you, so have confidence. Thinking of you, Marcie
 
:thankyou:Thank you so much for not giving up on me!!!! Your words, your thoughts, your prayers, your friendship mean so much to me.

And I have been an awful friend in return....I'm sorry. I do think about many of you and apologise for not following and supporting you through your own trials and successes.

I've just needed to take some time for me.....this situation has brought up many insecurities and feelings that I haven't really liked. It's funny (but not really :sad:) but I don't like to ask for help and as I was moving around the boards I felt left out...silly and insecure I know :bricks:and its also incredibly selfish.....I did promise I would always be honest with you all.....and I just needed some time out .

Time out to feel sorry for myself, a break and a chance to reevaluate my feelings (about friendships and life and me). Time out to not feel guilty for not posting on everyone's thread too. How can I comment on 1 person and not another?????

To be very very honest, it's very hard watching your life move on without having much control over the outcome. And here's the really honest bit...my husband and I are fighting lots.....over lots of little things. It's awful watching the stress he's under. He doesn't let me help much and likes to be in control so he knows what's happening. I think I can see an easier way and want to help but I'm annoying him...or feel I am. I miss how it was. I him. I feel lots of words on both sides have been said and hurt. The pressure here is incredible, stifling and we are sinking. If this bug comes back I really don't know how he, me or we (kids, us) will cope.

I hate how this whole situation has affected his stress (his psoriasis is out of control), how little he sleeps, how financially it is a massive blow (losing my job and the expenses), how guilty I feel, how the kids are affected...especially with the extra fighting. You may say....hey Sally don't fight in front of the kids!!! But it starts out so innocent and because we are all under incredible stress it blows up from nowhere. I have so little tolerance because of constant pain. He has so little tolerance because of running a company (he started a new job in February after leaving another incredibly stressful situation), running a house, looking after a dependant wife and 2 active kids needing transport back and forth to everything!!!! Plus life!!!:headbang:

My husband is an amazing man...he got up at 4 am today to go to work......he has put soup into bowls to make it easier for me to eat (he made the soup too) cut up cheese for crackers and homous, made sure the kids lunches were made, stuff was available for breakfast, washed and hung up clothes that DD2 needed. All before work. He has already rung, will ring again to check on me, might call the kids after school to say hi, will do dinner and then run DD2 to netball training and back. Then he will get me whatever I need and fall asleep in the lounge exhausted.

On Monday he made sure he made it to the school talent quest to watch DD2 sing....and yesterday it was DD1's birthday. Woke up at 5am to do decorations around the house, took me to sign our wills, took the dog and I to the Vet...let me catch up with everyone because that's where I worked :boohoo:, drove me to the beach for a coffee (he had already bought me a coffee earlier in the morning from up the road) and then after school took us up to the shops for my daughters afternoon tea and to get a few present exchanges, then out to dinner down the beach again (20 min drive). In between ice and cups of tea for me.

I will never be able to repay him for everything he has done for me, for us and our family while dealing with the financial stress, a wife who is up, down and all over the place, emotionally, physically and mentally. It's a heavy toll a family member being sick takes isn't it????? And yet we still niggle and I hate missing how it was with him. Physically, emotionally, mentally.

I am really emotional this week....I cry at a lot of things. I'm too scared to look forward to a life full of possibility. And too scared not to. It feels easier to stay like I am emotionally than to imagine what I might be able to do or get back to in perhaps 3 months...the possibilities are endless. But the reality and fear are real too.

The toll has been high. There is anger now, fear, sadness, pain, tears and dreams destroyed. Memories and events missed.

My memory is useless, I've gained weight, my skin is listless, my eyes are shocking in terms of sight. I'm quick to anger, tire easily, have lost any type of strength. My relationships will take work and some won't survive. I miss my husband even though he has been here every step of the way. He needs a break from me....I'm sad about that. (Not forever I'm meaning next week!!! We agreed he will not visit too often and enjoy a break from it all. He will still come but not too much. Ian glad for him but sad that he needs it. Totally my suggestion by the way!!!!)

There have been unexpected joys too....a meal dropped in by a daughters friends mum, a friend who stood with me every step of the way, a new friend made, realisation about what's really important in life and a chance to reevaluate it.

And lastly, you!!!! Your words of encouragement, prayers, friendship and never giving up on me

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom