Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again everyone...I love you guys!!!

@Me2 ...thank you. That was a lovely compliment
@Poppet @Hoppy Nanny @Dieter thanks for you support and to the many others who say hi....I always say it but your support means a lot.

@dianehelen thanks for dropping by.....as you can see every case for infection is different. I know having that wound vac must be the pits (and not showering unbearable!!!!!) but I'm glad for you that they caught it early. Later infections are harder to eradicate and the waiting and being unwell is trying.

They say that by taking out my implant there is a 90% cure rate....so I'm hoping for that. Best odds I've had so far. It's been really incredible to believe this happened as my Dr is regarded as the 'hip' guy and has very very low infection rates and he knows that's why I chose him. My mum used to be a theatre nurse and always told us how bad it was to get an infection from orthopaedic surgeries. I get that now!!!! lol. Shame she isn't here to give me a cuddle.

It's funny but I can move quite well with the spacer but if I get it wrong I know it.

I'm 45 today and feeling every it of it after a rough night with pain/discomfort.....can't drop the meds too much yet...

Have a great long weekend with your families and for those doing it tough.....((((HUGS))))

Have to open my presents now. :yes!::yes!::yes!:
 
Happy Birthday, Sally!! :flwrysmile: Hope this next year is full of health, happiness and some lovely surprises :cheers2: I'll be 67 tomorrow :) Use to love my birthday as it was a holiday in New England (Patriot's Day) and I'd get a day off from school:loveshwr:
 
Happy birthday to you!


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Happy birthday! Enjoy your day!! I hope that the next test brings you much improvement and less pain. You do need to write that book.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Dearest Sally, @Vetgirl - I wish you a very Happy and warm Birthday. Your friendship has touched all of us.
May you get all you desire in this coming year, health, happiness and everything else you desire my dearest Aussie girl xxxxxx

p.s. We are in there batting for nothing less than 100% success honey x
 
AWE... Happy Birthday Sally! Hope you can find some moment of joy in the day, and get some cake.

When they removed your implant, what is the long term fix? Do they wait a certain amount of time and re do the hip replacement?.what do you have in there now? Are you not able to walk at all? My heart really goes out to you.


Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond


Sally I hope you get everything you wish for this year, health, happiness and anything else your heart desires, you desire it!!

Cheers!!!
 
Belated Happy Birthday! Hope your pain has lessened and you enjoyed your day:-)
 
Have found your thread here and see you've had implant removed about a month ago. I had mine out 4 months ago. It's improved but so hard. We have decided on putting new implant back in come may. Aspiration test clean though blood work still not great. Very limited mobility.
 
Hi @koala78 thanks for visiting. I just posted on your thread. What are your bloods doing? What were you allowed to do/ not do with your spacer???

Thank you to everyone for my beautiful birthday wishes. Yes I did get spoilt and I had a really lovely 2 days considering everything. !!!

On Saturday....my birthday....I had a long standing hair appt which I knew would drain me for much else but it turned out to be heaps of fun. My hairdresser has become a friend and when she left the salon she decided to work on a few client from home. I always go with one of my girlfriends and we meet up with other clients who we are now friendly with. Everyone fussed over me and its nice to be out and feel normal.

It's a long outing though and I don't know if any of you are like me...but whenever people visit me or talk to me, I perk up and be friendly and it isn't till I'm home or they have left and I realise how exhausted I am and flake. So I flaked but hubby had arranged dinner out with friends so off we went again after just 4 hours at home....seems like a long time but not when your exhausted LOL

It was lovely but as many of you know sitting out is tiring.....you just can't seem to get comfy. So a bit of a late night. On easter Sunday we had a lovely lunch at a family friends with family and a beautiful meal. I've been off my food but she made me salmon which I loved. Yum.

Hubby had the bright idea of bringing the wheelchair we hired into the house we were at yesterday. Fantastic. The soft back on it was comfy. I have a cushion to sit on and the foot rests provide awesome support to my leg. I was suffering with quite a bit of pain and discomfort from the busy weekend .....went to bed at 7pm and slept till 10 am!!!!

It's quite hard to explain the discomfort. After sitting in normal chairs it sort of hurts and cramps when I rest my leg out again. I get quite a few cramps too. Weird.

Lots of nice gifts too....:happydance: It's nice to be out and feel normal

Thanks again :thankyou:
 
Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of (belated) birthday wishes. You sound like you had an enjoyable, if tiring, weekend. Best wishes for continued improvement & eventual resolution with another new hip. Again I'll say you have been a continual source of inspiration to me and others -- especially those of us who have slower recoveries due to various issues. There are times when I personally feel so impatient or frustrated that I could cry (and do!) because my foot is so slow to recover & therefore makes my walking that much harder. But... I'm hoping it's just a matter of time as I'm sure you do, too. There IS gold at the end of this rainbow. We'll all get there & you are setting a real example. Count me as one of your admirers.

Ellen
 
@Vetgirl Oh my been away for a few days and miss a birthday. Happy belated birthday, Sally!! I hope you are feeling better and that the infection is getting its butinski kicked!! I have been busy since I joined the Y. Really enjoying getting to exercise since I hadn't been able to do anything like that in so long. I know you will be glad when the final stage is complete and you can get back to normal. Please continue to take care and keep us posted.


@djklaugh Also wanted to wish a belated birthday to you as well!!
 
Glad you had such a lovely day for your birthday, as you described.
you deserve every fun enjoyable minute!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom