Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally, your post brought me to tears. I can so identify with your story and wanted to reach out to you and tell you we are all here for you. Friends and family can be so disappointing. I am sorry you have had such a difficult journey and pray things get easier for you soon. Hang in there and try to focus on the day you have your life back. It's coming, it's just down the road a bit. You are in my thoughts...
 
@Vetgirl aka Sally: Family is so tough. I still have never even told mine. I knew they would overreact and do the pity party thing or just what your sister did and not "be there" for me. Just too big of a risk when I knew I needed to be strong for me. If the therapist could mentally destroy me in half hour visit, I know my family would have had too much power, too. I told enough people that I was comfortable trusting. Sally, you are not the failure. Your sister and friends are the ones who failed. You are being there for you, gave her as much as you could, and are now back on your feet. These head trips are hard to turn around, but you did it right quick! Great Job! Give yourself a pat on the back! Breathe, we have to accept what we can change, change what we can, and have the wisdom to know the difference (thank you BoneSmart and self)!
 
Oh Sally. I am so sorry for your disappointment. It is so true that you don't know who your real friends are until times of trouble. Thinking of you. <3
 
@Vetgirl Dear Sally, Sending you peace and strength, when we are tire and hurting it is hard to try to deal with others baggage...take a day at a time, or half a day, or and hour, you will get through
 
Hi Sally
You won't remember me, I'm the guy with the bruising and 2 scars!!
I am feeling your pain. You have got to be the bravest person I know , going through everything you have. You have to concentrate on yourself now and forget the negatives and people letting you down. I can't believe people can be like that and am totally shocked by some of things in your story.
You have to surround yourself with good things and good people now, and concentrate on yourself.
You are so strong

Tommy
 
Sally, my heart goes out to you. Sending a big hug from Jersey. Peggy xoxo :)


RTHR 07-Jan-2014 Posterior
 
Wow. ..you have been through so much....I hope you are doing ok..:)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
wishing that the hard times will be over soon and you'll be able to look back at all the lessons you've learned and changes you've made, especially what's important to you in relationships, and you'll be feeling great again. this has been a long haul, and I second or third the motion that nothing in the way you've been handling this sounds like failure, but courage and humility.
 
Although I can not say I know what it feels like what you are going through.. You are an inspiration and incredibly brave. I do have the experience of being a single parent from the time my kids were 2 and 3 till both graduated high school. I know the feeling if giving giving and giving more and feeling like I could not get help from anyone or people just being too busy with their own lives to help. So tired and had to keep giving emotionally and physically with no filling my tank from anyone else. I too found the true people who cared in my life and weeded out many . It will get better but it is a life lesson we all unfortunately need to learn. Feel good, cherish those who are there for you and get strong:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks everyone for your kind words......I've just spent a couple of hours trying to catch up with most of you!!!

Well not much to report here....I am feeling better in terms of the infection....hard to explain but I don't feel blah all over from it....just blah from surgery...LOL. Hope that makes sense.

Tried to reduce my main pain killer yesterday but I don't think I'm ready to...hurt a lot more yesterday. At least I tried as OS suggested. Went to the shops twice on the weekend which as nice but is a double edged sword...I'm bored then I get out and am exhausted for the rest of the day or suffer more pain.

It's better than I thought it was though. I can be a bit of a b@&$h though. I get so frustrated when hubby or the girls steer me in the wheel chair....I end up snapping at them a bit. It's quite scary the way they nearly miss a few obstacles or bang me into them. Or they park me awkwardly while they converse and I can't join in. Or how they stop to every person who says hi and I don't want to sit around chatting when I can only be out for so long.

I know Im being niggly and I try not to.....but I fail quite a bit!!!!

Hope you are all well
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sally, when this is all said and done you will have unique and profound insight/respect for those souls who are permanently disabled...
Can not agree more @Dieter - I think we all (hipsters that is) gain a large insight and new respect for those who are permanently disabled...
 
Glad you are feeling a bit better Sally......I know how you feel about the wheelchair....made me feel almost invisible....!! Not a good feeling. A poodle....gosh I was more like a Rottweiler!! Hope you continue to improve...! Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Well, there is all that . . . but then when my husband was in wheelchair after car accident . . . we had had to get a train home after accident because we were six hours from home and car wrecked. We had our 5 children (ages 2- 15) at the time. When the train arrived in Pittsburgh at 2 a.m., even though AAA had arranged transportation for him with wheelchair, they left us in train car way at the end of the platform. He was just two days from surgery where they rebuilt his lower crushed leg. We ended up loading him on a luggage cart thingee and putting the two year old on top of him. I was pushing him (me 130 and him 200 pounds), luggage and son trying to make it less stressful and "fun" -- I had built up a little speed and hit a famous Pittsburgh pothole in the sidewalk and dumped husband and all like a cartoon. Then, I couldn't stop laughing. My husband fortunately was still drugged, didn't get hurt so we all just collapsed on the platform, rolling. Fourteen years ago, and he still teases me about trying to finish him off after accident! Hope I gave you a laugh and helped not feel so bad about your family's driving!
 
Oh @Me2 that is so funny....probably not for him at the time :yikes:

That is the second laugh I've had in this thread. I was reading @Hoppy Nanny s response to my post about being a poodle and I'm thinking....what is she on about!!!!! A poodle...she was a Rottweiler????? Anyway, I'm really bad at not reading my post before I post it and I thought I would see what I've written. Sure enough it said

' I can be a bit of a poodle though'. What?????

So I go into edit and sure enough I haven't written POODLE I wrote BI@@H

So the forum must automatically change rude words to dogs :rotfl:

@Dieter I love that you are going on a hip-cation!!!!! :snork:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom