Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
loved seeing the pictures and glad to hear things are finally starting to turn around for you.
and btw @calikat, how are you?
 
@Vetgirl You and your family are just lovely! Good news about the c.dificile. You are in my thoughts and prayers as always. I hope you can go home soon and relax in the love of your family .

Love,
Milli
 
Hi everyone

All going well I will be going home tomorrow. Stitches out today....then dressing back on as it is still weeping a little. I'm going for an ultrasound this afternoon to check my liver which has so e abnormalities on the bloods.

Inflammatory markers are nearly back to normal. Isn't that incredible. From over 100 before surgery to 9 on Monday. Just shows how the hip being out and all the antibiotics are really working.

Yesterday I walked the most on crutches than I have before as well as practising on some real steps. Hip is sore but they say its due to the activity and not having a proper hip in.

All my aids are being delivered today to my house where my dad is waiting in the house for them.

That's about all to report. Groundhog Day her....woken up for meds at 6 am, drift off or watch TV till breakfast. Then shower and do some PT with the therapist then morning tea, more PT and then lunch. Usually have a sleep after lunch and rest as I'm usually tired and sore from shower and PT. sitting out of bed even drains me. Then afternoon tea and dinner, an evening drink and sleep

Hope you are all well

Xxx
 
You are on the mend, my friend Sally @Vetgirl !
Hope the ultrasound goes okay and nothing of note.....
Glad you will be going home. Home should be positive to your mindset.
Get some rest before you leave, as the go home day will likely be long. :friends:
 
Thanks @MajorHeidi very wise advice. The trip home will be tiring....everything is lol

Your turn is fast approaching......you have to tell me what breeds your dogs are too.....
 
Hi @sunsetbiking I will take it easy....very easy as my pain tells me when to stop....and I don't get that far. Today i did a crutches walk and a set of stair maybe 10, down and up then back to bed. Even sitting in a chair for too long is uncomfortable

I get the new hip in, in about 6 weeks if they infection stays away when I stop the ABX in about 4 weeks

Xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep you in my thoughts! You are so strong, I can't imagine going through everything you have been through with this hip.
On a positive thought, you'll be rocking the muscular upper body muscles when you're all healed. :)
 
Very good news Sally! We are here for you! Thank you for keeping us updated on your recovery.
 
@Vetgirl Glad to hear you are going home. Hoping that the Abx does its job and you get your new hip soon. You are phenomenal!!
 
Great news Sally- you will be so glad to be home. Excellent that the bad bugs are nearly zapped :)
Good advice to save some energy for the going home excitement. Have a good day Gill
Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I don't think I'm strong....just trying to make the best of a bad situation and keep my family, friends and sanity. No one wants to be around a constantly down person. I appreciate your words..

I'm going home tomorrow......all the tests are ok. Stitches out, mobility aids delivered. Yay. I've been here 15 days!!!! Here's a pic of my scar without the stitches


[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond


It's longer than my original....but not too bad. I'm sure he'll do nice internal stitches when the hip goes back in. He left spaces between each stitch for drainage which has slowed down.

Hope your all well xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sally,

That looks just like my scars from my hip surgeries I had as a baby. Mine may even be longer. I have several of them! My husband says to tell people I was attacked by a shark. :rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom