Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Sally @Vetgirl you like keeping them on their toes! Did that thing happen where you open your eyes and a billion medics are staring down at you!?
I so admire you for posting despite everything. I really hope your BP stabilises soon and you can stop feeling so ill and sick and get some sleeeep. Stay strong - you're doing so well ;) Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
@Vetgirl Oh my sweetie, what a night that must have been for you!! Hope that today finds you feeling just a little better and that you can get some much needed sleep. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Thanks for keeping us posted even though you are having such a rough time. Try to take it easy, we are all here rooting for you!!
 
Wow Sally! I am surprised you have the energy to post! What an ordeal. Hopefully your BP will stabilize soon.
 
Sending a basket full of ((((HUGS)))) for you today!!!
 
@Vetgirl How scary for you! But you sound so upbeat -- I'm in awe of you. I'd probably be a blubbering wreck about now if I were you. You go, girl!

Love and prayers to you,

Milli
 
Having spent five long days in ICU with the crash cart used twice, ICU specialists, cardiologist, renal specialist and two ICU nurses as constant companions, I can so relate Sally, @Vetgirl - not that I remember much, my BP was significantly lower and I had five units of blood - keep that wonderful sense of humor going honey - there is light at the end of the tunnel - you will get through this xxxxx
 
oh man @Vetgirl , sally. well it can only get better. hopefully you're feeling better already. thanks so much for keeping us in the loop. what an ordeal!
 
Vetgirl, I've followed your story since my surgery. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait for the day to hear that you are feeling well, keeping up with your children and feeling "normal". You are an inspiration. And, the positive way that you've handled all of your medical adversity has been amazing!!!
 
Hi everyone

Exciting news.....I had a shower today!!!!! It only took 3 people and me standing on a walking frame to do it. It was awesome!!!! I have been up a few times since the second blood transfusion but for only tiny bits of time and very well supervised. im still having some issues with low BP. It's such a slow slow process. My leg is very creaky and painful.....much worse than with the initial THR. So I'm pretty exhausted after being up and zonk out afterwards. But it is bliss to be out of bed and off my backside for those few minutes.

Walking is hard. I have to take all my weight through my arms and tummy and it will just take some practice and extra care not to put weight through the operated leg. I can't lift the leg with the spacer at all yet but can wiggle the toes and lift the knee. It cramps quite a bit in the quad and glute muscles but flexing the knee helps.

Yesterday was my blue day. A few tears of frustration. I felt so tired and a little trapped and useless and in pain. They gave me a sleeping tablet last night and I felt like I got some sleep so today is a better day. My crazy loud neighbour has moved too so it's much better here now.

My Dr is deciding whether I need another blood transfusion or not. The great news is that I am going well on the antibiotics....so that's such promising news. I've been keeping visitors to a minimum too as the noise from even my own husband and kids can be overwhelming.

So that'sthat's all to report for today......hope you are all well
 
@Vetgirl Glad you got some rest last night and good to hear that you are able to get up, at least in short spurts. Watching your thread and following you. Hope you get some more rest tonight and that the BP starts to get better. Hang in there my friend!! Thinking of you!!
 
Sally @Vetgirl I can offer you some (((HUGS)))
Glad you got a shower and a bit of sleep.
You are very brave, and you will marshal through this .....
Thanks for documenting your journey.
 
Wahoo... A shower.. Did you get to shampoo your hair Sally, that always makes a girl feel better. Good news regards the antibiotics. Your core muscles are certainly getting a workout. Rest grasshopper xxxxx
 
Sally,

I get the impression that you were a strong woman before...I'm afraid to imagine the person that comes out the other side of this trial...in a good way of course.

We all sit here in awe of what you are handling and I am impressed day after day. You're an inspiration.

:flwrysmile:

Z
 
Thank you for the update Sally! Sending love. Mwah!:friends:
 
Wow Sally, You have been through so much over the past few days, and yet you still have a sense of humor, I can't help but laugh at your comments. You were so worried at first that they forgot about you, and now you are getting a lot of attention, are they treating you nice?
Thank you for updating us and giving such a detailed description of everything you are going through, you are and will be an inspiration to all of us!
Big hug to you!
 
Hi....just checking in. It's been a week today and I feel I have turned a corner. My IV came out yesterday and my catheter this morning. I also had a seated shower by myself today. Second one in a week and I'm not wearing a hospital gown today either!!!!

I've gotten up about 5 times today including 2 tiny walks from my bed to just outside my door. It's a slow process, but at least I am doing something. My leg sure tells me if I put too much weight on it. I can't get in and out of bed without help either.

At this stage I'm still happy to be here as everyone is so nice....there are no stairs and I'm getting the support I need. The great news is my infection markers are coming down really fast so that means the infection is being eradicated!!!!! Goodbye....sad to say....I WON'T miss you.

I've had a bit of nausea and the runs since going on to oral ABX so we are going to keep an eye on that to see if it is the ABX or coincidence.

I hope you are all doing well....I'm not getting round to the boards as I sleep when I can......I think of you often
 
Sally,

It's great to hear of your progress...that sounds quite impressive.

Keep resting and getting your strength back...you deserve it!

Z
 
That is great news Sally - so pleased for you after your hard slog so far. You really are dong brilliantly well and the nausea and runs are a minor inconvenience! Sorry couldn't see if you have already answered this but are you allowed to bear wight on the hip spacer?
 
Hi Sally,
Good to hear how well you're doing. It must be SO nice to have a shower and not wear a hospital gown. It sounds as if you are making great progress. I think it's very healthy to imagine the bad bugs being zapped out of your body. Keep up the good work! Lots of people are thinking of you all over the BS world! :-)
Gill
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom