Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vetgirl, how are you doing? I have been away for a while getting a new hip. I thought of you often and would send postive waves everytime you came into my mind. I wish you the best and I know your journey will be longer that most but you will win and be ok after and it will become just a memeorey. Sorry about the mispelling. I am on drugs for pain and my spelling isn't the best. Take care and remember we are thinking of you and will surport you in every way we can. Tashia
 
Glad your recovery has begun dear Sally ...
How brave you are.
Get rest
Xo
 
Sally,

I'm looking forward to the photo you have taken of you and your daughter at the peak of the Sydney bridge. That's gonna be a lovely day.

:flwrysmile:

Z
 
Sally thank you so much for your detailed account. I think it will help a lot of people now and in the future. You sound really good. I am glad that it is over and you are on your way! How long are they planning on keeping you in the hospital?
 
Sally, you are so kind to share all that you are going through. You will help so many people in the future that are experiencing this. If you feel down, just keep thinking of new things you'll be able to do with your kiddos when you have a healthy hip again. It will happen and we will be here to celebrate with you! I am praying for you. :angel:
 
Sally you are a true fighter! Just focus on your end goal! We're all rooting for you!
 
Hi Sally thank you so much for tellng your story in so much detail despite being so tired and in pain.You are so brave.Your recovery can start now and I can't wait to see your picture taken from Sydney Harbour bridge.All the luck in the world x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sally, so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery! Thank you for sharing your story, you are such a strong person!
What an awesome goal to have, I wish we could all walk with you across the Sydney harbour bridge, make sure you take pictures that day!!
Get some rest and continue on with your recovery and can't wait to hear more from you.
Big Hugs and well wishes to you!
Lisa
 
Very happy that this part is done. I am sending such good vibes and 'pink light' your way - I wish you a speedy and total recovery.
 
Thanks for all your comments....I don't feel brave. I'm so tired. PT is coming to get me up for a few steps today, which has been a disaster. It's super hard work. I got back to the bed and she went to find a higher chair for me to sit on. Whilst on the bed my head started spinning and I felt super nauseous.....I couldn't reach the buzzer or move because of the leg....so I held onto the bed till she got back.

She quickly manoeuvred me onto the bed which was painful and laid me down with my head lower than my feet. She then got the oxygen. A nurses aid was trying to find the nurse and they took obs.....my blood pressure was super low even though my head was below my feet. They decided to call the house DR who says I need another blood transfusion and rest.

So then lunch came and I've thrown up about 4 or 5 times since then.....I feel super gross. Walking was such hard work too. I often find the second or third day the worst....here's hoping!!!!!! I have so many bruises on my arms....pretty usual for a pin cushion. :rotfl::rotfl: Can't wait for a proper shower!!!!

@calikat the PT thought I could be here for about 2 weeks

Well better go.....I've got important stuff to do like throw up, get some new blood and sleep....why are hospitals so noisy?????

Talk soon
 
Sally.....my gosh, you ARE a brave lady!!! You have waited so long to get to this point. And, even though things are getting better, it's quite normal that you'll have some challenges now and then. But, you're handling them!!! And with a sense of humor too!!! How I admire your approach to all of this!

And thanks so much for the detailed account of your experience. I know there are many folks out there who will benefit from hearing what you're going through and how you're coping with it all. Your BoneSmart family is here to keep rallying 'round you. Post when you can. It's always GREAT to hear from you.
 
PT is coming to get me up for a few steps today, which has been a disaster. It's super hard work.
Are they having you use crutches to walk? I think you said that you are non weight bearing for now correct? If I am asking you too many questions let me know. I just want to know every little detail of your life. :wink:

BTW :goodpost:above. I think I can safely say we all look forward to any information you give us. <3
 
@Vetgirl Oh hun, so sorry today has been so tough on you. Here's hoping that tomorrow is a better day and that it gets better from there. I don't think I could go thru what you have and still have a sense of humor. As I said before you are braver than you give yourself credit for!! We are all here for you!!
 
@Vetgirl Sally, I'm so glad you wrote. I've been praying for you and will continue to do so. You are a very brave woman -- I don't know if I'd have the courage you do. It sounds like an awful ordeal you've been through these last couple of days.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, as always.

Love,

Milli
 
Hope that sickness from the GA wears off soon and that the next few days see you feeling much better and able to get more mobile..thinking of you Sally......Chrissie x x x
 
Thanks everyone....again!!!!!!! During some routine obs one of the nurses ran to get another nurse as my BP was too low. The senior nurse took it and then hit the crash cart buzzer. She told me people would come running from everywhere and they did!!!!! my BP was 80/40.

I was upside down on the bed, a drip bag was whipped into my I/V line and powered into me. The Dr was blasting the blood people for not getting me the blood telling them I was the crash cart emergency and they needed the blood now. They were taking my BP continually. When I stabilised a bit they keep pumping the fluids into me until the blood arrived. All afternoon and still even now they are monitoring me every 10 mins.

It's a double edged sword as they want me to move a bit but I'm not well enough to do that. I'm so tired from lack of sleep but they said they can't leave me alone cause I'm sick!!!! I'm getting a sleeping tablet tonight. They say I've been through a huge surgery, been unwell and may be like this for a few days. My OS was operating down the coast. I think he's going to regret the day I walked through his door!!!!!!:hairpulling: LOL

@calikat with the tiny bit of walking I did, I used a walker with basically no weight on the operated leg. All the effort comes through my chest and back and it's tough!!!!! Exhausting actually.

I hope to get a shower tomorrow and that my BP goes up a bit overnight. They are coming to do bloods in a minute and will repeat agin in the am. It's going to be a long road but the nurses are super nice and I know I'll get there.....and I've got Bonesmarties on my side too.

Well....that was enough excitement for one day!!!! lol

Talk soon
 
Hang in there Sally @Vetgirl ! Just a few bumps in the recovery road. Ask for anti nausea medication - it really does work. Hope you can get some rest!
 
That's sounds like more than enough excitement....hope today is quiet and uneventful Sally...I'm sure that BP will soon be on it's way up...do hope so...Chrissie xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom