Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are in my prayers. Hoping you feel much better tomorrow. You have a lot on your plate and your resilience:angel: is an inspiration.
 
@Vetgirl Hi Sally, I have no suggestions to offer but I did want to say that I'm really sorry this is happening to you and I don't blame you one bit for being unhappy at the situation. It's a pain and inconvenient and expensive and of all of those things, expensive is the one thing you should not have to worry about now. I hope they are able to figure out what is happening and how to treat it soon. Best wishes to you and hope you can continue being strong. We are here to listen
 
Thank you....you all mean so much to me xxx
 
oh sally @Vetgirl. so sorry for all this misery. I really hope this is the beginning of a better life for you. I don't know what your taste in music is like but I just thought you might like this...an older eric Clapton singing "lay down sally".

hoping to hear good news, devorah
 
Sally,
'Fraid I don't have any answers but wanted to add to the good wishes from everyone. I REALLY don't think you should have to pay. It sounds crazy to me. Can your GP help with managing your current pain? I'm sure your friends are happy to help with collecting your children etc after all you sound like the kind of person who would help them. I wish you all the best for tomorrow and hope you aren't kept waiting. Stay strong :-)
Gill
 
Sending hugs. Wish I had magic words of wisdom to make it all better. :( and since I don't live in Oz, I'm not familiar with your health care system. Hoping for brighter days for you, sweetheart. Peggy xoxo
 
Sally,

Sorry to hear about the current situation. I am really hoping this all finds a resolution soon.

I had some similar financial frustrations. When I developed issues my reaction was "why should THIS be costing ME ANYTHING?" I too thought, I have this pain, I get to have more surgeries AND i get to pay for it?!??! And then I realized that I did not need to add to my stress which was already sizeable. I needed to do the medical things that needed to be done and worry about the financials later...or never.

If you can let that part go, at least for now, I think you will be doing yourself a favor, and I realize that may be easier said than done. You, your physical and mental well being are more important than the money...altho we all need the money to live.

I wish I had a magic bullet to make this situation resolve itself...

Thanks for keeping us all posted,

Z
 
@Vetgirl - Aw, Sally, sorry to hear its still such a struggle and no definite solution! I hope that this all gets straightened out - I don't know much about the medical bill/insurance system there but I hope you get that worked out. You are so supportive of other people and always ready with a compliment, help or just showing you care! I was just reading about your 20th anniversary and it made me realize how you are still quite young and hope that the next 20 years do better than the pain you are having now. I've been married 40 years - about 20 years old than you - made me look at how good I had it all those years. Best to you and please keep us posted!
 
@Vetgirl I hope your surgery today is smooth and easy on you.
I also hope they are able to identify the bug, and then they will know how to attack it.
Hugs to you....
 
Thanks everyone......I'm over my hissy fit now. :yay:

Just spending the day hangin around waiting to go to hospital......my home away from home!!!!! LOL

My friend made me laugh this morning when she said my surgery should be covered under warranty!!!!:rotfl:

That's funny

Have a great day!!!!!
 
@Vetgirl Hi Sally so sorry that you have had to go through all these financial concerns as well as the hip painI hope your surgery goes well and you get sorted really soon. Will be thinking of you.Sending you all the luck in the world as you deserve it x
 
awwwwww @Vetgirl ...... I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time! I hope by the time you read this you are on the road to a PAIN FREE recovery!!! And feeling much much better!!!

I too thought, I have this pain, I get to have more surgeries AND i get to pay for it?!??! And then I realized that I did not need to add to my stress which was already sizeable. I needed to do the medical things that needed to be done and worry about the financials later...or never.

@Z15 I agree completely!!!!
 
@Vetgirl I am so sorry you are having to worry about financial stuff on top of everything else. You sure don't need that.

I wanted you to know you will be in my thoughts and prayers for your procedure, and I'm praying they can sort this out at this point and get it under control.

As I have said before, I admire your courage and fortitude in all this trouble. We're all here for you.

Love,

Milli
 
Hi everyone.
Yesterday went well.....it was a long day but the Dr was happy with the amount of fluid he was able to withdraw (5ml) and has sent it to 2 different labs to see what can be grown. The earliest we will hear anything is probably Monday. We had a good talk before i went In and he is basically planning on doing the 2 stage revision due to lack of success with antibiotics etc. he wants to know what the bug is so that when the implant is out he can give me the most appropriate treatment to cure the infection. I'm in quite a bit of pain now in the joint and today am just sleepy and tired from procedure. No real pain from that though its mainly the infection. He thought taking some of the fluid away might relieve that and I suppose it has a little. If nothing grows (this sometimes happens) then he will take lots of different samples from lots of surrounding tissues etc when the replacement gets taken out.

I am back on some antibiotics so as infection doesn't flair too much while Hubby is away. We are a little confused as the Professor told the OS to put me of Keflex 1gm x four times a day but this was the first abx my GP put me on when this all first started and they didn't work. i mentioned it to OS last night but of course the only record of this is with my GP. i should probably ring him but honestly am too tired and flat to be bothered. Don't really care too much now either....as its coming out.

I have lost a little confidence in the professor as why would Keflex work when nothing else has???????

We are most probably do the surgery the week after hubby is back from USA so week of 17th March but will chat to him next week.

Thanks to you all for your support. I'll get onto the boards later.....

Sally xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well that sounds like you have been left a bit up in the air Sally but at least you know they are going to do a revision so I guess it was of some benefit to you. Seems strange about the antibiotics but he may have a very valid reason for putting you back on those... really don't know what else to say only I am thinking of you .........
 
Oh Sally. I am sorry about everything you are going through and that you are feeling doubt....understandable though. You are in my thoughts, <3
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom