Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vetgirl...your so cute..I hope today was a good day for you. You certainly have a lot to deal with. I have caught up on your threads...You are one brave woman. So much to deal with. I am so nervous with this surgery thing. Now I am doubting my decision to go the anterior approach.:gaah:I just keep changing my mind. One day I'm good the next day full of anxiety. I am driving the people around me crazy. Maybe you saw in other posts I said that I work for Orthopedic Doctors. Although infections are rare, I have met people it has happened to, and in the end have recovered fully. If you like your Doctor I would stay with him....but only if you feel he is helping you. I think in the end we have to take care of ourselves..do what we feel is right...right? Although the practice i work for is highly regarded in my community issues do occur. I think probably this is a common thing in all medical fields . I hope all goes well with your recovery...try to stay upbeat....know that this will get better. As for me I'm a mess lol...and no I haven't started a thread yet for if and when I do I'll know its for real ...oh my:umm:...I will talk to you soon.:SUNsmile:
 
@Vetgirl,

With your markers rising, your temperature rising and the tiredness, I would certainly reach out to Dr. Maale. He will want your records and x-rays to give you the best informed opinion he can! This OS is no ordinary OS! I have seen him save people's arm's leg's and so forth when others told them it was hopeless! He will fight to the end for you, so his opinion would be highly regarded!:happydance: He has a unique way of isolationing the infection so it NEVER recurs!:yahoo: My life is so much better because my doctor referred me to Dr. Maale, and that is why I never hesitate to recommend him! He takes only the hardest cases, but if you are chosen, think of it as "winning" instead of being a difficult case.

By the way, in case anyone ever wonders, I am not paid to "recruit" patients! :heehee:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Vetgirl Oh I feel for you so much!
I hope you take the advice and at least reach out to this well regarded Doc.
Best....
 
Hi Sally, @Vetgirl,

I did note honey, that you said you are happy with your medical team however, you may be interested in this information if you do wish to obtain your records etc. We do have different laws in Australia.

Australian law says that an individual does not own his/her medical records. A private practitioner, eg, your GP, owns the medical record. the High Court of Australia unanimously held that health consumers do not have a right of access to their medical records as a matter of common law. Consequently, health consumers must rely on legislation, including the Privacy Act, to provide them with a right of access to the health information held in medical records. Records held by private hospitals, however, are generally more difficult to obtain despite consent or authority from an individual.

That is not to say it is impossible If you wish to obtain your actual medical records from your medical practitioner e.g. surgeon and the hospital, Your request must:
  1. Be in writing;
  2. State your name and address;
  3. Identify the medical records you seek (ie, the date/s of admission to hospital or the date of consultation with the doctor);
  4. Specify how you wish the information to be provided.
Further details can be found in the Australian Privacy Principles (governed by the Attorney Generals Office) and from the Australian Government Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and the Freedom of Information Act 1982.

I can certainly help you wade through any red tape if you need help.

I hope you are feeling less tired today, I am sure in comes in waves, ranging from sleepy, to tired to complete exhaustion... thinking of you sweetie xx
 
Thanks again for your replies.....I think I will see how I go in the next two weeks with my 'team' .....love that @Poppet ...they are I suppose. Like @calikat said...even the thought of getting a second opinion is exhausting this week

@fulafoto ....you raise a very valid question about ABX making me tired. The OS said it is possible they are and I will be asking the Professor that very question next week. It could also be because I'm fighting an infection, because I had pneumonia , the ABX or a combo of all three....bit I will be asking those questions and also be bringing up the pain (which has lessened as I've had to rest), the random temps and the bloods.

@chaseyboy I had no idea you worked for Orthopaedic surgeons..what do you do? Thanks for the info. Sorry you are still struggling with your decision.....even though I have this problem I'm still better off pain wise with this surgery and am smart enough (just :rotfl: ) to know I just got unlucky!!!! You should still start a thread ( you too @MajorHeidi ) just to put down your thoughts and fears and tell us how you got here...you don't have to have a surgery date to start a thread. My first thread was about my disbelief I needed a THR.....I never knew I was in double nappies as a child!!!!! I was so shocked

Thanks @RestAssured as always I value your opinion and thanks to poppet for all the info on getting my files.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read my rumblings and who offers their support.....I appreciate it more than you know

Xxx
 
You are very welcome Sally honey. We intend to walk along side you through this and see you come out the other side enjoying life again with your family. Maybe Bill, @fulafoto, you and I can sit and chew the fat one day xxxxx
 
Vetgirl, I know you are having a ruff time but do remember you will make it. You are determined to make it and with all of us behind you, you will. Sometimes in life we have a hill that is really hard to climb and the real neat thing about that is when you get to the top or what a wonderful feeling. When you do make the top of the hill we all will be there to celebrate with you and you being pain free. Take care and do make sure you rest. Tashia
 
Thinking of you Sally and hoping you and your team move forward to a better understanding for you. Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh Sally! Was thinking of you yesterday when I had to take a dose of AB after cutting myself outside. I haven't been to the dentist in over a year :no-fin: because the ABs make me feel so sick, and was furious with my carelessness. Anyway, went looking for @Vetgirl to commiserate and have read this thread through. I'm aghast, and will be keeping everything crossed for the speediest possible end to this, and will stop whining about a few hours of nausea. Til next time I need AB anyway x
 
Thanks @tashia @Hoppy Nanny for your support ...I missed your comments for some reason...sorry.

Tashia...my pain is pretty good...it's the tiredness. I think I have tendinitis which causes the pain and will ask at my next appts....it seems better cause I've been resting a lot this week
 
For you Sally....
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
 
@Vetgirl - so sorry you are going through such a difficult thing. Sending you positive vibes and warm wishes. One step at a time, that's all we can do. xoxo
 
Vetgirl, remember this is just part of that hill you will climb and then we all will celebrate with you for the wonderful job you did. Take a day at a time and if that doesn't work, A minute at a time. Take care and remember we are here for you. If you want to scream, we will scream with you. You are in my prayes. Take care, Tashia
 
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
.... You, Bill @fulafoto and I may be sitting on a beach together looking back at 2014 and say - wow! We got through this together!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Vetgirl sending hugs. I think about you often. Healing vibes are being sent from New Jersey. Peggy xo
 
@Poppet, I love the picture. We all could learn from that one. Sometimes its a minute at a time though. Take care everyone and we all will celebrate in the forum. Tashia
 
@Vetgirl...thinking of you and hoping you are doing fine,,,,Yeah I work for Orthopedics...I tell them I think I have been cursed with hip pain....lol they just laugh.....I work in the office talking to people all day long who have gone through this...At least I am aware of the ins and outs of this surgery....How are you doing??? Please let me know for I do follow you and wish you nothing but the best..You will get there..you will:SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom