Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sally, I think he's probably just trying to prepare you for the worst. If he's right and I'm wrong, you'll be prepared but if it's the reverse, you'll be ecstatic!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
@Vetgirl, I can just imagine that these are all the things you're feeling at the moment. Just know that you are not alone. All your BoneSmart family is with you sending healing vibes and prayers you way each and every day.

[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
Keep the faith and keep us posted. You know we care.
 
Hi @Vet girl .Wow I'm sorry about your complications.Total bummer.I've been missing a lot not visiting this site enough.I'm sending a virtual hug out to you in case you need one.I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.Peace.
 
@Vetgirl sorry to hear you have been so down lately and feeling so worn out. I haven't been on the site too much lately, but I do read all the alerts I get on you. I am pulling for you and hoping that the ABX clear all this up and you don't have to go in for another surgery. I think about you and @calikat all the time. I wish you didn't have to play the waiting game and that the doctor could just wave a magic wand over your hip and everything just disappears.
We are all here supporting you and wishing you the best!
 
@Vetgirl...I'm so sorry you're feeling so down and in pain. I'm appreciate your honesty in your thread. I admire your constant support and encouragement to all on their threads and because of your positive attitude with others, it is easy to forget what you, personally, go through. Thank you for your love....sending big hugs...you're beautiful....God bless! Xo
 
I finally found your thread! Just checking in with you. I am very sorry to read that you are having pain. :) Be sure to discuss this with your infectious disease doc too.
 
Thanks ...I'm ok. I'm now trying to be super positive and offer some support to others while I await my fate!!!

Pain has subsided quite a bit leading me to think its tendonitis as I've been resting a lot.

I will check with the OS and prof of microbiology as it is one of the side effects of my antibiotics to get tendon pain or tears so I suppose it would be wise to bring up the pain with both Drs.

I have had an X-ray ordered by OS as he was concerned about extra pain but all was ok
 
Oh well done Sally @Vetgirl for trying to stay positive ...it must be so hard for you...but guess it's the only way forward at the moment.....it's good that the pain has subsided and the X-ray ok too. Keep up the PMA honey.....you are an inspiration !! Lots of love Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Vetgirl I hate to hear that you are experiencing any further pain....I'm happy that it has subsided. I also wish I had some magic words for you but can only offer my continued support. Keep your chin up. Peggy ;) xo
 
Boy oh boy am I struggling with the tiredness this week. I've been doing more with hubby having started his new job and kids back to school etc. today I could cry I'm so tired. When will I get more energy????

I dropped into work today for lunch. I'd pre planned it as a girl was leaving. One girl there suggested getting a second opinion on the infection.

What do you think @Josephine @Poppet ???

I'm happy with my surgeon. Is it his fault I got the infection - how long is a piece of string hey??? I wouldn't even know how to go about finding a second surgeon. He was my second opinion and recommended to me from several sources. How would I even find someone if I go for a second opinion?

Oh..that's my rambling s for today
 
Hi Sally, @Vetgirl

I guess it has out a bit of doubt in your mind honey..

But the way I look at it that you have a team working together, consulting together and most of all you have a leading Professor of Microbiology managing your case. He alone has a team working with him and all the infectious resources at his fingertips at a major hospital. All of these medical people have your best interest at heart.

I can't recall if you went private or public?

I haven't looked back through your thread to see if you named your surgeon?

Dr Michael O'Sullivan, Mater Hospital, North Sydney has a very good reputation.

If you have lingering doubts, why not have a chat with your GP as he/she would have to refer you, assuming you went private?

Hugs xx
 
Sally,

I know your body is dealing with a lot, but the single most surprising part of my THR was my level of exhaustion. I was shocked how it sapped the energy out of me and for how long. And I know that you have had your body battling an infection and the antibiotics can drain you as well. Sorry that it doesn't help make it any better...just hoping knowing that you are not alone in this might help a bit.

I would steal a nap (and usually set wake up alarms for things I needed to do) whenever I could.

Z
 
A second opinion never hurts...although I know just the thought of seeing yet another doctor can be exhausting too. I am sorry that you are feeling so tired.
 
How would I even find someone if I go for a second opinion?
You could contact broken link removed: https://www.dfwsarcoma.com/ in Plano TX. He is the 'go-to' person for these kinds of issues. He will look at your records and xrays and give you his opinion by phone or email. He did so for a UK member not so long ago. I do strongly recommend you contact him and ask.
 
@Vetgirl
Can't think of what to say except I've been thinking of you and sending you healing energy to stay positive
 
@ vetgirl. Sorry you've had a bad week Sally.....do hope your energy levels increase...it must be hard having to deal with usual day to day 'stuff' and children and all the anxiety too. Sending healing vibes your way....I've just been on a website called ' littlebuddha'. It gives positive thoughts on difficult situations....I came away feeling more positive....just a thought...Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi...thanks for your thoughts everyone

The tiredness this week is getting me down!!!! I look quite well and people around me just don't understand how exhausted i am....not that it matters....it is what it is

@Poppet I went private and my surgeon was Dr Anthony Leong.....he still comes very highly recommended. I just met another theatre nurse at school who was singing his praises. Dr O'Sullivan was also recommended but as he was further away I chose Anthony

Thanks @Z15 ....I think I've been tired since my surgery!!!! LOL

@Josephine I didn't realise I could do that with Dr Maale.....I know who you are talking about. He wasSonja's @RestAssured s Dr. I know my x-rays look good but what else could I send him??? They don't know what bug it is because I've been on the antibiotics. My markers went up slightly in my bloods this week and I've had a low grade temp again this week.

I am happy with my team....thanks for all your support. That has certainly given me a few things to think about
 
My markers went up slightly in my bloods this week and I've had a low grade temp again this week.

I am very sorry to hear this Sally. I was just checking out Dr. Maale's website. They have an email option to ask questions etc. Might be interesting to hear what he has to say? Sending you big hugs!:friends:


I look quite well and people around me just don't understand how exhausted i am....not that it matters....it is what it is

I get what you mean. Just because you don't wear your pain/discouragement on your face people think everything is fine. I try to hide everything that I am feeling from the outside world, but my family pays the price a bit. I come home and hibernate in the bedroom.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom