Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope it's just a minor bug Sally! Please update when you can!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond
 
Hoping your results are good Sally...everything crossed for you...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
So sorry you are feeling blah. Sending warm thoughts. :)
 
Hi everyone...I'm feeling better today after feeling blah yesterday. I slept for 13 hrs last night and my temp today is on the high end of normal.

@Josephine I have a question for you if you could please help? I am still having a lot of discomfort in the front of my thigh and have been doing the icing and stretches as you suggested through the links. Today I went back through my MRI report from hospital and it says I have mild oedema (swelling With a bit of fluid?) of my quadratus femoris. I googled this and it looks near where I'm having the pain. Can you enlighten me on this???? It also said I had mild degeneration at the pubis symphysis ? Would that be due to past pregnancies?

It also says the ischiofemoral interval is otherwise unremarkable

Thanks for any info you can share...it aches a lot at night. I've also had lower back pain but I out this down to not bending at the knees because it hurts at the front too much
 
Glad today is a better day for you Sally...wow 13 hours sleep..how fab..you must really have needed it. Hope the good news continues for you. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Sally, did they mean quadriceps femoris or quadratus femoris? The names are similar, but they are very different.
 
Hi @alexthecat it definitely said quadratus femoris. Do you know what it means?

Thanks everyone for your well wishes....I wish Tuesday would come!!!! I'm feeling a bit blue.....
 
Good news Sally on the normal reading for your tests. Jo, will drop by when she is back online :)
 
MRI report from hospital and it says I have mild oedema (swelling With a bit of fluid?) of my quadratus femoris.
Oedema is just medical terminology for swelling. Swelling by definition means the tissues are inflated with fluid. It is also a medical way of saying that the muscle is inflamed and sore! (which I think you knew already!)

[Bonesmart.org] Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond


It also said I had mild degeneration at the pubis symphysis ? Would that be due to past pregnancies?
That would be corect.
It also says the ischiofemoral interval is otherwise unremarkable
Which is another medical term, this time meaning "normal"!
 
Just wondering what your doctor said?

Please disregard...I had my dates wrong. Good luck Tuesday! I think that is today in Oz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks....I'm not sure what the bloods mean the OS did indicate when I was in hospital that they would come down on antibiotics. I think the real test will be when I come off the antibiotics and whether the infection shows signs of still being there. I found some of my notes from hospital and he told me the chances of me NOT having surgery were 20%..... I suppose I'll know more on Tuesday when I see him.

On a brighter note.....It's Australia Day here is OZ...the day we celebrate the birth of our nation and all things Aussie. We usually have a really big bash but this year we only have about 15 coming and a few others dropping in and out.

So to all my fellow Bonesmart Aussies @Poppet @fulafoto

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY

:cheers::cheers::beer::beer::cheers::cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom