Lounge Doctor

TKR Increase of stiffness and back of knee pain<

OP
OP
roboknee

roboknee

Country
United States United States
Well here I am ... this night 2 years ago I was just out of the recovery room and wondering what was going to happen in my recovery. Within a week I had found this forum and although I was a lurker at first trying to learn all I could to help me in this process.

I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who took away all those fears! Everyone who was there it seemed like night or day to guide me through the scary things and get me on my feet! Wow how time moves so fast when you look back and so slow when you are going through it. I wonder sometimes what my life would have been if I hadn’t done it?

I know that one thing is true this RTKR has given me back a life! Sometimes I wonder how I even walked before! It’s wonderful having so much less pain! Yes I have a few times that I really know I’ve had a replacement but I’ve also had days when I don’t even think about it.

Happy Knee a versary to me!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@roboknee Thanks for the update and well done! Sounds like yet another knee success story! So glad you are doing well.

Muldoh

Country
Happy anniversary roboknee! I just went back and read your whole thread, which I found so helpful. I am 10 weeks out and was feeling very discouraged today, but all of your posts gave me hope for the future!! Wishing you the best :)

OP
OP
roboknee

roboknee

Country
:flwrysmile:@muldoh oh gosh you are in the beginning!! You can do this!!! Oh how I remember those days... it can get quite discouraging at time but keep up your recovery the bone smart way! It works oh and give yourself a break now and then! You are on a long haul but the rewards are wonderful! Good luck on your journey!

Mrs. Ciz

Country
Happy anniversary roboknee! I just went back and read your whole thread, which I found so helpful. I am 10 weeks out and was feeling very discouraged today, but all of your posts gave me hope for the future!! Wishing you the best :)
I feel you! I’m also 10 weeks out. I had both knees replaced on July 6th. Some days I feel like I’m actually going backwards. I am so ready to feel normal again. I have to go back to teaching school in 2 weeks, and I’m scared to tell the truth. Everyone there knows I will not be at 100% and they are making accommodations for me. But dear lord, I wish I WAS at 100%!!!!

Muldoh

Country
@Mrs. Ciz You are a warrior! Both knees must be quite a struggle, and the worry about returning to work must be overwhelming. I am also scheduled to return to work the beginning of October, and I am nervous too. And I’m sure you feel the added worry of Covid at your school, which I also relate to since I work at a hospital. But I’m glad they will be making accommodations for you as you return. And hopefully further down the line we will get much closer to that 100%. Crossing my fingers for both of us!

_Annie_

Country
I just went back and read this whole thread through from the beginning. So glad I did. It’s very informative and will ease my mind from the ups and downs of my TKRs. One thing I know, icing and elevating have served me well in the early stages and from what I read here, will be my go to if I have problems in the days to come. I started a chart, tracking my steps for a day and then comparing it to how I sleep at night. I’ve been struggling with getting a good night’s sleep lately and I think it has something to do with how active I am during the day. Thanks for keeping up with updates during the years @ roboknee.

Mrs. Ciz

Country
@_Annie_
I think you are right! I’ve been looking back at the day when I have a night I don’t sleep well. I’ve noticed I don’t sleep well on PT days or on days I’ve over done it. It’s really hard to get comfortable at night when my legs are stiff, sore or hurt. It’s also really hard to find that balance between doing enough physical activity to help my recovery versus doing too much, which hinders my recovery. I’m still looking for that sweet spot.

rustic

Country
Hey Robo! We started all this together. My two years is coming up in a week or so. I've done several updates on my thread, but I'm overdue to post something more recent.
So glad to hear that you are doing well!

Mimi26

Country
I am a new member as of today and had my TKR on June 29, 2020. I am not sure how to request my name to be added to the June group. Can anyone help me?

_Annie_

Country
@_Annie_keep us up to date on your research, please
I will get back to you in several weeks. :)

@Mimi26 - someone will be along to help you with that and to help you start your own recovery thread.

newlybionic

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Mimi26 I asked the moderators to add you to the team thread. Can you tell me which knee had the TKR? You can now go to the knee surgery recovery area and start a thread of your own.

OP
OP
roboknee

roboknee

Country
Hey Robo! We started all this together. My two years is coming up in a week or so. I've done several updates on my thread, but I'm overdue to post something more recent.
So glad to hear that you are doing well!
Hi rustic yes we did start this together! Hope you are doing well?:flwrysmile:

OP
OP
roboknee

roboknee

Country
I just went back and read this whole thread through from the beginning. So glad I did. It’s very informative and will ease my mind from the ups and downs of my TKRs. One thing I know, icing and elevating have served me well in the early stages and from what I read here, will be my go to if I have problems in the days to come. I started a chart, tracking my steps for a day and then comparing it to how I sleep at night. I’ve been struggling with getting a good night’s sleep lately and I think it has something to do with how active I am during the day. Thanks for keeping up with updates during the years @ roboknee.
Hi Annie I’m glad the posts are helping you! It sure was a hard road for quite a while! The sleeping issues will get better with time! I slept with my ice machine on many nights. You can do this!

_Annie_

Country
@roboknee - yes, I’m a believer in icing at night. Even when I was no longer icing during the day with knee #1, I would ice at night.

I’ve been charting how I sleep, comparing it with my steps during the day & whether I am elevating and icing. If I keep it around 6,000 steps or less - along with icing and elevating frequently during the day, I sleep pretty good at night. I’m not always trying to find the perfect position. If I I have more steps, even though I elevate and ice, sleep isn’t so good at night. So now I keep an eye on my steps during the day and put off planned projects till the following day if need be.

OP
OP
roboknee

roboknee

Country
@_Annie_ it really helped me to keep track of steps! So glad I learned that one! It was hard for me when I went back to work but I told my employers that it was super important and they knew when I was having a bad day too as I iced at lunch. They were really supportive. Your knee is really going to let you know what to do the next day! Keep up the good work!

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
From caregiver
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom