Guest viewing is limited

THR I'm back & having issues with non operated hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
That boredom really does set in but it is so important not to overdo it at this point. That's where the patience comes in!! Take it from one who knows! You think you want to get your life, chores, work back but the energy drain will get you...take it easy whilst you have the excuse & the need! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hoppy Nanny energy drain does set in quickly. We went out for lunch yesterday and we were out for approx 3 hours (which I thoroughly enjoyed) came home and went straight to bed for 2 hours sleep..I think I need to get some patience...lol...:cheers:
 
@Gilly energy drain is tough. I am out 7 weeks. This weekend during thanksgiving we went to the park with the family. Some played football. I went for a nice walk. We played with the kids pushing them on swings, watching them on the slides, etc. we were out about 2 hours. When we got home, I took a 2.5 hour nap. I was wiped out.
 
Wow @xtina16405 it obviously takes time for the body to get back to normal. It is a big op thou so its understandable. Are you using any crutches at all?

Happy thanksgiving to you...
 
No cane or crutches anymore. I walk without and really focus on my gait. I limped for over a year with the bone on bone pain while we tried PT, acupuncture, steroid shots, etc. My focus now is to walk without a limp. I am amazed at what I can do now at 7 weeks. I can walk 1.5 miles at one time and building the distance. Hills are still a problem. I am slower than walking on flat land. I can do them. I just feel my body slow so I don't limp. I cam starting to walk stairs one foot at a time. My range of motion has improved. My abductors are stronger so side strips are easier. I no longer need a raised toilet seat. My toilets in my house are all ADA toilets so higher than regular. I can get up from a low seat. I can lie on both sides. Driving has become comfortable. I am so happy with this hip. I cannot tell you how great no pain is.
 
It's so good not having that dreaded arthritis pain @xtina16405 . I have more movement in my new hip after two weeks than I did with my own one. I can't wait to drive, but need clearance from surgeon before I can be legal. I believe its 6 weeks or so but my follow up appointment isn't till 8th Jan so I have a wee wait, sadly. I have a manual car so I wouldn't be able to drive now no matter how much I wanted to. I'm actually a bit scared to do things even things that don't have restrictions. Are you the same? I hope I don't have a limp because before the operation a lot people made comments about me limping and half the time I didn't even know I was doing it...(I used to hate it and feel so upset about it).
Looks like a lovely day here in NZ. It's our summer officially the first day yesterday but you wouldn't think so as so far spring has been awful. I'm hoping to sit outside for a while and enjoy it..
I see you live in California.....We visited L.A last year and went to Santa Monica, what a lovely place. We stopped off at a yummy place along the beach front for lunch and I had lobster macaroni, it was devine... Next time we come over will be for longer...Love America....
Have a lovely day...:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Gilly it sounds like you are doing well!
I think you are being wise to be concerned about your hip with any activity (for a bit).
My OS said it takes 6 weeks for the hip capsule to repair and reposition around the joint area to
keep it in place securely.
I still watch what I am doing, just to be careful. :whistle:

@xtina16405 Your post above: :goodpost:
 
Hi @MajorHeidi I'm feeling really good and thanks for the advice, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry..

Have a lovely day....:happydance:
 
First day of Summer...sounds sooooo good.....! Do hope it improves for you.
We are having a mild Winter so far...thank goodness after a beautiful Summer too!
So glad you've got rid of that arthritis pain....I think we are all scared to overcome those milestones @Gilly.....but believe me after the first time for each ..you forget to be scared! I was terrified to get in the car to drive (I have a manual too) but once I'd done it once it was fine. These new hips are tough! Have a good day...you are doing just great! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had a lovely day today @Hoppy Nanny sun shining all day and it's meant to be the same for the rest of the week too, yay...
I'm scared getting in the car, shower, bed, etc but I just take it real slow. My son says why you so scared, Mum you have a bionic hip...It's will be loads stronger than the old one....I have to keep thinking that. Hope it gets easier once the restrictions are gone..It's bliss having no arthritis pain...Life's so good...I tell you what thou, I keep dropping more things than I usually do...lol....Then I have to find where I put the reacher to pick things up..lol...

Hope you have a lovely day..xx. :hugzz:
 
Hi! This community rocks! Happy for you Gilly! Wishing you a positive, steady recovery! It's awesome be given the opportunity to share our fears, experiences with people who are going through similar journey! Wow! Can't wait to be up and walking around with this new hardware! Good luck to you and show them!
[Bonesmart.org] I'm back & having issues with non operated hip



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ears prick up New Zealand.oooo Cloudy Bay Sauv Blanc. Might have to go snaffleing

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Haha @Legin NZ and wine are a good mix....lol...

Thanks @Getnfit for your message, I love your positive attitude....Keep in touch I'm thinking of yah...
 
Ah...@Gilly...did no one tell you...you need two teachers so you can pick up the one you've dropped! Glad you're having a good day x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Hoppy Nanny I also lose the crutches from time to time as well....haha..I put them in a safe place and forget where the safe place is.....lol... In the shower this morning, I drop the soap (2 blocks) and the body wash...can't win...2 reachers sound like a good idea....:loll:
 
Soap is the bane of us semi bionics I always do golfers bend with.affected leg staight out. Did in bath shower misjudged end of bath ooooops I can.say.with authority plugholes smell.
I judge my stick as personal exercise plan. Forget where it is so search. In so doing I do step ups (stairs) walking and the hardest cognative activity doh

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Day 22 - I'm real wingey today, sorry everyone..I'm struggling with the restrictions big time and trying hard to walk properly. My incision appears to be more sore now than before, perhaps it is because the bruising is coming out more. I have groin tightness that I didn't have and when I sneeze, its painful it feels like its going to tear. Sleeping is awful, I continually wake up all night. I usually sleep on my stomach so this back sleeping is dreadful!!! Does anyone know if it's safe to sleep on your stomach? I'm dreading coming to bed sometimes as I know it's a mission sleeping..:yawn:..... I'm still dropping things, it's so annoying I never used to prior to the hip op...lol...
I have been increasing my walking each day (not going far), and mostly trying to walk without any crutches. I feel good about the walking as I was a gym freak so getting out is great.... And lastly no driving....OMG, its driving me nuts and I hate having to ask someone to take me somewhere.....:driver:
Nag, nag is all I have done....Sorry......

On the whole I'm happy & realise considering it a big operation I have come along way and am rapt with my progress so far. I was thinking the worst before the operation and it's not been as bad as I expected it to be... I'm defo glad I had the replacement cause I have no horrible arthritis pain.... :yay:

I love all the smilies too...

Have a lovely day everyone....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bad wingy days are in the contract. That short time and what you are doing wow. Sleep is the bane i didnt but then i was like a mexican jumping bean. We all need to let offf steam so no appologies and hey what a finish to your post well done you. Glass is half full. The ogre gives thumbs up
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom